Elemental Proliferation

Mark to be honest I haven't seen a single person say they like the current system. This is not the biggest issue in the world, but I really think it deserves further examination to make elemental proliferation (which is one of the coolest support gems) more attractive.
Ok, um I just popped cause I was curious about this support skill, so please dont bite my head off if I post something that seems like a silly question.

I use a Shadow who uses traps, and if I were to attach the Elemental Proliferation support gem to the Freeze Mine skill, would all enemies by the initial enemies who got frozen by the trap get frozen as well?

If this is a yes... then in a room full of monsters rubbing shoulders when does the proliferation end? Will they simply all freeze until there are no more monsters to proliferate... all from ONE measly freeze mine?
From dusk to dawn they fall in my traps,
monsters all dying and taking dirt naps.
At last I emerge with narry a scratch,
scrounging the field for any small catch.
A bauble? A jewel? A small golden ring?
A unique item would make my heart sing!
It ends when the initial freeze ends. The freeze caused by the mine will be an aura, affecting any other monsters near to those frozen monsters. When that freeze runs out, the aura is no longer affecting the others.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
It ends when the initial freeze ends. The freeze caused by the mine will be an aura, affecting any other monsters near to those frozen monsters. When that freeze runs out, the aura is no longer affecting the others.

While not what I was quite thinking this still is good news. I think I might have fun with this support gem after all.
P.S.: Dang Mark... you GGG dev guys work hard! Not even 10 min passed and you guys are on top of things and reacting to the forums! I'm impressed! Keep it up! :D
Last edited by Topei on Jun 5, 2012, 11:41:27 PM
"
Neonexe wrote:
Mark to be honest I haven't seen a single person say they like the current system. This is not the biggest issue in the world, but I really think it deserves further examination to make elemental proliferation (which is one of the coolest support gems) more attractive.
I agree. I was hopeful that I could replace Multiple Projectiles with Elemental Proliferation/Cold To Fire, but sadly that is not the case. Even with 67% damage converted to fire and -30% damage from Lesser Multi I still shatter almost everything. Swapping out Lesser Multi for proliferation would just make me shatter even more often and make elemental proliferation pointless.
Last edited by Strill on Jun 6, 2012, 5:34:50 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

After a bit of thought I think I may be on to something. Mark, if what you said is true, then if Freeze mine is linked to elemental proliferation, and if the character had a way to further extend the freeze duration,and had the passive skill... oh I don't know... Breath of Rime... then tactical use of Freeze Mine could be devestating! A Shadow can nullify clusters or roomfulls of enemies with the elemental proliferation fo freeze followeed by Chilled every time and pick em apart!

I might (probably will) have to work a build around this! Elemental Proliferation just jumped up to my top support gem. It's interesting, that's for sure.
Last edited by Topei on Jun 9, 2012, 10:55:16 PM
To give you some how idea of just how stupid the current implementation is here is an example of a decision I had to make today. I am doing a burning arrow proliferation witch, and I find this quiver:

Unavailable

Oh look, I think, it has PERFECT stats. And I equip it.

And every time I crit the mob shatters rather than proliferating. It is completely worthless for me. Just from 2-3 cold damage!

:/
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Neonexe wrote:
To give you some how idea of just how stupid the current implementation is here is an example of a decision I had to make today. I am doing a burning arrow proliferation witch, and I find this quiver:

Unavailable

Oh look, I think, it has PERFECT stats. And I equip it.

And every time I crit the mob shatters rather than proliferating. It is completely worthless for me. Just from 2-3 cold damage!

:/

I'll take that quiver off your hands since it's not working out for you >.>
TehHammer is not a crime!
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
That's why I think shattering needs a higher threshold than the 300ms for freezing.
Quite a nice addition to have, having monster freeze/ignite/shock sometimes when I am dpsing is quite good.

This gem rewards smart play, having to choose which monster to shoot at first adds a lot fun to just sitting in one place and spamming spell.

For people having high damage, you also freeze boss longer, so not all is lost.

Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
Last edited by wxyjac on Jul 3, 2012, 11:50:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info