Elemental Proliferation

This gem works pretty great combined with the passive nods for shock proc chance and spark.
My summoner witch (lvl 61) can shock whole groups of mobs within seconds from a save distance.<3
It kind of works like a extra vulnerability curse (or maybe a couple of them if I knew how well I am able to stack shock) for me.x)
Last edited by Nlimqusen on Apr 24, 2012, 9:51:11 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
BlastMonkey wrote:
I want to say a sincere thank you to whoever came up with this support. It's just damn fun to play with.
Thanks, I think so too.
"
Kioller wrote:
Does this work with "minion instability" and if so, do i just link it up with my minions?
No, minion instability, due to current engine limitations, doesn't "really" deal damage, and so can't cause anything that triggers on damage, such as burning. We hope to fix this in future.
"
Neonexe wrote:
If you 1-shot a monster with a crit, you lose all the possible proliferating elements from it.

If you don't quite kill it and it burns to death in the next 0.1 secs it now acts as a burning pyre of vengeance on its fellows.

This seems very inconsistent, and it results in the incredibly annoying position of finding yourself doing too much damage to actually get any benefit from it! I really think it will come into its own if it's changed to have corpses radiate the burns/freezes that would have happened to the monsters if they hadn't instantly died.
Burning remains on corpses after death, and thus is still spread for it's duration. Frozen doesn't, because frozen things shatter if they die, however this is balanced to at least some extent because cold damage also has the chill effect which occurs on all hits with (significant) cold damage, rather than only on crits, and is also proliferated like the others.

So shocked is the one which is missing out here. It could possibly be made to stay on corpses after death, I'll bring it up with Chris and the balance guys at some point.
Burning doesn't proliferate if the target shattered. Is this intended? It kinda kills the effectiveness of my cold-to-fire proliferation build.
Strill I've brought this up before and got no response.

My old avatar of flame proliferation build was ruined if I used an item with any cold damage at all because of this. I assume it's something they're internally debating, because to be honest proliferation would be SO powerful if you could run a high cc and high aoe damage build simultaneously, whereas atm you are forced to either pick fire + lightning high damage with no control, or freeze only for control but lower damage and no prolifing burns.
"
Neonexe wrote:
Strill I've brought this up before and got no response.

My old avatar of flame proliferation build was ruined if I used an item with any cold damage at all because of this. I assume it's something they're internally debating, because to be honest proliferation would be SO powerful if you could run a high cc and high aoe damage build simultaneously, whereas atm you are forced to either pick fire + lightning high damage with no control, or freeze only for control but lower damage and no prolifing burns.
IMO it would be better if burning and freeze were mutually exclusive, and only the debuff from the element that did the most damage was applied.
Last edited by Strill on May 13, 2012, 5:14:45 AM
Strill that sounds reasonable, but it kind of shuts down the cold to fire support gem!

It only does a 40% conversion, so you'd be getting a fire damage conversion with none of the benefit of fire damage - namely burning.
Elemental proliferation does not proliferate fire traps burn, or righteous fire. I assume this is intended?
Well neither of those are real burns, they're just damage per second that doesn't stack with burning, they'd also be rather strong if they did proliferate as they'd hit a lot more enemies without having to crit or anything.
"
Neonexe wrote:
Strill that sounds reasonable, but it kind of shuts down the cold to fire support gem!

It only does a 40% conversion, so you'd be getting a fire damage conversion with none of the benefit of fire damage - namely burning.
Its conversion rate increases by 2% per level.
Unavailable
Last edited by Strill on May 13, 2012, 1:08:55 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
cool beans
"
Strill wrote:
Burning doesn't proliferate if the target shattered. Is this intended?
Yes. Shattered enemies no longer exist and thus cannot be spreading the debuff aura to other nearby enemies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info