[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
Nestrior wrote:
To the whole discussion on CoC and Channeling Cyclone:

You cannot trigger channeled spells. Shooting a Scorching Ray while cycloning through the packs doesn't work. It never said anything about channeled attacks not being able to trigger spells. As long as it's an attack that can crit, you can trigger a spell. No matter if the attack is channeled or not. As omnivegan has already noticed with Blade Flurry.
Meanwhile, I am wondering though if you could make it work with the new Zombie gloves and Detonate Dead. CwC would work, but has a longer "cooldown." Maybe GGG will address that specifically for Cyclone. ;) (Probably not tho.)

so in other words, the build is still working in 3.7 like in 3.6 and 3.5??
im still a bit confused :D
Last edited by bamonator on May 24, 2019, 1:27:27 PM
"
bamonator wrote:
"
Nestrior wrote:

You cannot trigger channeled spells. Shooting a Scorching Ray while cycloning through the packs doesn't work. It never said anything about channeled attacks not being able to trigger spells. As long as it's an attack that can crit, you can trigger a spell. No matter if the attack is channeled or not. As omnivegan has already noticed with Blade Flurry.
Meanwhile, I am wondering though if you could make it work with the new Zombie gloves and Detonate Dead. CwC would work, but has a longer "cooldown." Maybe GGG will address that specifically for Cyclone. ;) (Probably not tho.)

so in other words, the build is still working in 3.7 like in 3.6??

There is no reason it shouldn't continue to work this way. The only real change is that you can opt for CwC until you have enough crit.
"
Nestrior wrote:
"
bamonator wrote:
"
Nestrior wrote:

so in other words, the build is still working in 3.7 like in 3.6??

There is no reason it shouldn't continue to work this way. The only real change is that you can opt for CwC until you have enough crit.

nice! thanks for your quick response :)
As long as cyclone is a "melee" channeling skill, it should be fine.
I was trying this build for the past few days since starting it from a totem build; needed a lot of help to get it to work and several friends helped me get there. Because without Lycosidae, no matter what you do, it just doesn't work well.

Nothing was working right as I was expecting even when I got it; so I started getting the aps up higher and just randomly, I got it to 3.47 from a pair of gloves with 12% aps-

at which point, no matter how strong enemies are in maps, they're either frozen in mid-air or they shatter from frozen crits- exploding the entire screen in the craziest fashion I've ever seen in a video game.

This is the best thing I've ever seen in PoE. This is fun. This is crazy; something other games companies simply won't allow you to have. They don't want crazy or fun. They just want to dial it back all the time.

All GGG need to do is get that net code optimized as far as their tech programmers can achieve with whatever they're being paid to achieve it. Because even without this result, mundane action still exhibits warping, enemies oblivious to you and being either immune to attacks and then they reset their position.

GGG, you have got to do something with this than just league content.
You have no control over connections or the internet, but you better find out why Diablo 3 seems to be immune to this 99% of the time and PoE 60% of the time.
"
Mustlord59 wrote:
Enjoying the build in flashback, however i am finding i am running out of mana since there is so much stuff to cyclone through and my spells are constantly being triggered, any way to solve this? I was thinking trying to go for a warlord's mark ring

I went for Essence Sap; I know it's unconventional for this build.

Even with Zealotry taking 70% reserved mana (with the AoE Area Damage gem), it's not a problem.
"
Mustlord59 wrote:
Enjoying the build in flashback, however i am finding i am running out of mana since there is so much stuff to cyclone through and my spells are constantly being triggered, any way to solve this? I was thinking trying to go for a warlord's mark ring

I play with the commander's tag ring, forgot about the problem with mana). Boots need these

so as not to abandon Enfeeble.
Is it possible to use Inpulsa's with this build? Not looking for anything optimal, just want to get to 85 for the event.
idk about mana problems. have 95% mana reserved and no problems with mana. spaming vortex 24/7 btw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhKdvKHcmCU

Faster and faster...

Love this build, thanks op for the great guide.

Have now tried it out with a queen of the forest setup for some even faster mapping. Got a nice vid, and some pob for changes i made.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info