[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

What happens to this build and item interactions once 3.7 hits and makes cyclone CWC ?

"
sc0rp404 wrote:
What happens to this build and item interactions once 3.7 hits and makes cyclone CWC ?

The build dies
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
"
TriniGamer wrote:
"
sc0rp404 wrote:

The build dies

There's no proof of that, lol. As long as Cyclone can still crit, it can still be used for CoC, channeling or not. People already use Bladeflurry for more control over their positioning against endgame bosses.

If anything, Cyclone as channeling means that until you can get the build properly going with enough crit, you can level it as CWC.
"
Silim wrote:
"
TriniGamer wrote:
"
sc0rp404 wrote:

The build dies

There's no proof of that, lol. As long as Cyclone can still crit, it can still be used for CoC, channeling or not. People already use Bladeflurry for more control over their positioning against endgame bosses.

If anything, Cyclone as channeling means that until you can get the build properly going with enough crit, you can level it as CWC.

Im sorry, this build is DEAD.
CoC does not work with channelled skills.
Mathils actual cat
"
HDTanel wrote:

How about you go read the tooltip again and not spout nonsense?

I'll even link it for you.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_On_Critical_Strike_Support

Note the dot.

It will work fine. It's just question of which will be better. My guess is CoC will have better damage on bosses, while CwC will be better for clearing, because of coverage without needing to hit enemy.

It'll also be safer than CoC because u won't need to touch the boss in melee range. Though then again, Cyclone radius might be more easily improved based on today reveals.

Whatever it will be, I'll play the shit out of both.
Last edited by Lirhtim on May 21, 2019, 9:14:55 PM
"
"
HDTanel wrote:

How about you go read the tooltip again and not spout nonsense?

I'll even link it for you.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_On_Critical_Strike_Support

Note the dot.

It will work fine. It's just question of which will be better. My guess is CoC will have better damage on bosses, while CwC will be better for clearing, because of coverage without needing to hit enemy.

It'll also be safer than CoC because u won't need to touch the boss in melee range. Though then again, Cyclone radius might be more easily improved based on today reveals.

Whatever it will be, I'll play the shit out of both.

Right,blade flurry are a channeling skill and works perfectly,the CoC don't triggers channeling skills but doesn't prevent that skills to trigger CoC.
Perhaps the easy solution is to replace Cyclone with Blade Flurry? Even has the same color on the gem.

Blade flurry is a melee channeling skill -- so I would think fortify and life gained on hit would still be available.

OK I switched to blade flurry -- it's OK. But damage seems a bit lacking compared to cyclone.
Last edited by omnivegan on May 23, 2019, 3:17:24 PM
"
omnivegan wrote:
Perhaps the easy solution is to replace Cyclone with Blade Flurry? Even has the same color on the gem.

Blade flurry is a melee channeling skill -- so I would think fortify and life gained on hit would still be available.

OK I switched to blade flurry -- it's OK. But damage seems a bit lacking compared to cyclone.

Why ? Blade Flurry works with CoC and so will Cyclone in 3.7.
Last edited by Ratedetar on May 23, 2019, 9:20:35 PM
To the whole discussion on CoC and Channeling Cyclone:

You cannot trigger channeled spells. Shooting a Scorching Ray while cycloning through the packs doesn't work. It never said anything about channeled attacks not being able to trigger spells. As long as it's an attack that can crit, you can trigger a spell. No matter if the attack is channeled or not. As omnivegan has already noticed with Blade Flurry.
Meanwhile, I am wondering though if you could make it work with the new Zombie gloves and Detonate Dead. CwC would work, but has a longer "cooldown." Maybe GGG will address that specifically for Cyclone. ;) (Probably not tho.)
Enjoying the build in flashback, however i am finding i am running out of mana since there is so much stuff to cyclone through and my spells are constantly being triggered, any way to solve this? I was thinking trying to go for a warlord's mark ring

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info