[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Last edited by Railjack on Jul 4, 2020, 12:15:13 PM
Hi there, so I read in your guide, when having 14%+ Cooldown belt you want 3.75 APS with cyclone and to achieve that you said 14% APS Cospri with onslaught flask and no other attack speed anywhere else, does that mean we lose starkonjas? =o

When I pop my onslaught flask I go from 3.5 APS to 4 APS, and that 70 dex from stark is a huge hit x.x
"
jdeclue1 wrote:
@CheeQu

I'm done, I think I've min-maxed this build into the ground. Anything else you think I can do?

Thanks for this amazing build, it has made my league the most enjoyable experience in many years!

You are quite far from min-maxing the build but I would say you are about 35-40% there. The next 25% would be to follow Mrpetrov's 2hander build and gain invaluable damage and then you can follow my path to finish your build.

Simple pointers I can give you:
1- Drop cold damage modifier jewels and pick x2 multi or even x3 multi (our build thrives with multiplier, not so much with plain cold damage)
2- Moving cooldown recovery to boots to use a good stygian vise.
3- Variety of cospri upgrades, frenzy for not using starkonja and getting another cold pen helm or damage pen
4- +2, +3 chest

so on and so forth ...
Last edited by Seqqsy on Jan 20, 2019, 9:28:29 PM
"
Seqqsy wrote:
"
jdeclue1 wrote:
@CheeQu

I'm done, I think I've min-maxed this build into the ground. Anything else you think I can do?

Thanks for this amazing build, it has made my league the most enjoyable experience in many years!

You are quite far from min-maxing the build but I would say you are about 35-40% there. The next 25% would be to follow Mrpetrov's 2hander build and gain invaluable damage and then you can follow my path to finish your build.

Simple pointers I can give you:
1- Drop cold damage modifier jewels and pick x2 multi or even x3 multi (our build thrives with multiplier, not so much with plain cold damage)
2- Moving cooldown recovery to boots to use a good stygian vise.
3- Variety of cospri upgrades, frenzy for not using starkonja and getting another cold pen helm or damage pen
4- +2, +3 chest

so on and so forth ...

Just scoped your character out, damnnnnnn! Thanks for the advice!
IGN: Chumbah (Warbands)
So I ended up selling a lot of my gear I was saving for future characters, or just gear to muck around with, in order to get enough currency to test an Exquisite Blade and see if the DPS holds up.

This is what I ended up with: https://pastebin.com/yC3mJXtj

I think it is around a 15-16% damage increase over my previous build and I've also managed to hit around 8K eHP, which was surprising. In comparison to the 'Step Two' version from this thread, I'd say it is around triple the damage, but I need more time to make sure it maps and bosses correctly (only done a red tier elder and T15s so far, but they were deleted).

I think it could have been around a +25%+ damage increase if I had the currency to invest into better Jewels (4 useful props etc.) and better gloves.

Downsides so far:

- Have to keep up Blood Rage and Frenzy Charges (charges are annoying without auto generation of some kind).
- Gem socketed starved!! No room for CWDT setup, movement skills etc.
- It's so fucking expensive!! At this point I'm doing it because I love the build, but you can definitely get better builds for far less currency.
- No 14% CDR for MAXIMUM DEEPS! Way too hard to get the attack speed needed, would sacrifice something like 60% increased spell/cold damage and 70% multi, as well as base cold damage and eHP.
- Less AoE on Ice Nova (not too noticeable to be honest, but it's there).
- Less Chaos Resist than my previous build.
- Lost Herald of Ice! Probably doesn't matter to most, but I loved the pops.

Upsides so far:
- Damage seems to be there. Instantly deleting T15 Syndicate members (like less than half a second).
- A fair bit more eHP (around 500-600).
- WAY faster! Mapping feels nicer despite the reduced AoE.
- Cyclone critical strike chance is nicer, feels more consistent.
- Frostbolt alone deals like 2.4 million DPS, going to try and beat shaper without Ice Nova for shits and giggles.
- Resists are easier to come by, making gearing a little easier (despite still needing to get resists on two jewels, but that was from laziness more than anything).
- Now have a Curse Immune flask, which is huge! And also Onslaught back, which I'm not huge on relying on for CoC procs, but it's so nice to have in a build.
- Have a Shock ring now for big deeps.
- Also have Warlord's Mark on hit back, which I value over Blasphemy + Frostbite or Blasphemy + Enfeeble/Temp Chains etc.

My biggest concern now is what to do with my newly unreserved mana. Currently going Vitality to help negate Blood Rage, but thinking of trying Arctic Armour once I've levelled it. Maybe if I can get my hands on a crazy Watchers Eye, I'll keep Vitality and be unkillable.
Last edited by Hohenheim_ on Jan 20, 2019, 11:29:14 PM
"
Hohenheim_ wrote:
So I ended up selling a lot of my gear I was saving for future characters, or just gear to muck around with, in order to get enough currency to test an Exquisite Blade and see if the DPS holds up.

This is what I ended up with: https://pastebin.com/yC3mJXtj

I think it is around a 15-16% damage increase over my previous build and I've also managed to hit around 8K eHP, which was surprising. In comparison to the 'Step Two' version from this thread, I'd say it is around triple the damage, but I need more time to make sure it maps and bosses correctly (only done a red tier elder and T15s so far, but they were deleted).

I think it could have been around a +25%+ damage increase if I had the currency to invest into better Jewels (4 useful props etc.) and better gloves.

Downsides so far:

- Have to keep up Blood Rage and Frenzy Charges (charges are annoying without auto generation of some kind).
- Gem socketed starved!! No room for CWDT setup, movement skills etc.
- It's so fucking expensive!! At this point I'm doing it because I love the build, but you can definitely get better builds for far less currency.
- No 14% CDR for MAXIMUM DEEPS! Way too hard to get the attack speed needed, would sacrifice something like 60% increased spell/cold damage and 70% multi, as well as base cold damage and eHP.
- Less AoE on Ice Nova (not too noticeable to be honest, but it's there).
- Less Chaos Resist than my previous build.
- Lost Herald of Ice! Probably doesn't matter to most, but I loved the pops.

Upsides so far:
- Damage seems to be there. Instantly deleting T15 Syndicate members (like less than half a second).
- A fair bit more eHP (around 500-600).
- WAY faster! Mapping feels nicer despite the reduced AoE.
- Cyclone critical strike chance is nicer, feels more consistent.
- Frostbolt alone deals like 2.4 million DPS, going to try and beat shaper without Ice Nova for shits and giggles.
- Resists are easier to come by, making gearing a little easier (despite still needing to get resists on two jewels, but that was from laziness more than anything).
- Now have a Curse Immune flask, which is huge! And also Onslaught back, which I'm not huge on relying on for CoC procs, but it's so nice to have in a build.
- Have a Shock ring now for big deeps.

My biggest concern now is what to do with my newly unreserved mana. Currently going Vitality to help negate Blood Rage, but thinking of trying Arctic Armour once I've levelled it. Maybe if I can get my hands on a crazy Watchers Eye, I'll keep Vitality and be unkillable.

Very interesting take on the build :) I'd be curious to try it out for the sake of it haha.

If you can, I'd like to see a video of your gameplay.

Get one of these
:)
"
LordAzuRa wrote:

Very interesting take on the build :) I'd be curious to try it out for the sake of it haha.

Get one of these

Thanks! But credit goes to mrpetrov for the idea, I just theory crafted and emptied out my currency stash to see if it worked.

So far it is the highest damage output version of this build I've seen! Along with good eHP and faster movement speed it is quite fun to play.

I wish I could, but I don't have the software, know-how, or upload speed to even begin attempting videos.

And I would love one of those, just don't have 25+ exalts to spare though (there was a perfect one for my build up last night, but I missed out because they were AFK, now it's gone). :( :(

I've also now got a 6L Vortex setup, which isn't necessary at all, but it has like 280K Shaper DPS, which is kinda funny. Might try to kill him with just that next.
"
Hohenheim_ wrote:
"
LordAzuRa wrote:

Get one of these

Thanks! But credit goes to mrpetrov for the idea, I just theory crafted and emptied out my currency stash to see if it worked.

So far it is the highest damage output version of this build I've seen! Along with good eHP and faster movement speed it is quite fun to play.

I wish I could, but I don't have the software, know-how, or upload speed to even begin attempting videos.

And I would love one of those, just don't have 25+ exalts to spare though (there was a perfect one for my build up last night, but I missed out because they were AFK, now it's gone). :( :(

I've also now got a 6L Vortex setup, which isn't necessary at all, but it has like 280K Shaper DPS, which is kinda funny. Might try to kill him with just that next.

Here's my PoB in "Burst Mode" when I want to kill a boss :)
https://pastebin.com/Pn2sfL6y

I manage perfect res balance with Acuity's equipped but lose a bunch of damage, I wear acuity for Uber Elder.

I think my damage is higher than yours, but you have more eHP

Edit:
Yours is actually higher when enabling Shocked. Very nice variation :)

May I ask how much you've spent on it?
Last edited by LordAzuRa on Jan 20, 2019, 11:55:19 PM
"
LordAzuRa wrote:
Here's my PoB in "Burst Mode" when I want to kill a boss :)
https://pastebin.com/Pn2sfL6y

I manage perfect res balance with Acuity's equipped but lose a bunch of damage, I wear acuity for Uber Elder.

I think my damage is higher than yours, but you have more eHP

Edit:
Yours is actually higher when enabling Shocked. Very nice variation :)

May I ask how much you've spent on it?

Unfortunately you've setup your character differently to mine. You've checked 'shocked' which is 50% increased damage taken. Shock from our ring only applies 20%, so you can't tick that for accurate readings. Instead add an additional 20% to your Cospri's for a decent estimation.

Also, that isn't your shaper DPS and you've got both RF and Vaal RF activated.

Accounting for all those changes, you damage sits at 383,839.0, while this new build sits at 818,823.3. That's a little bit more of a fair comparison.

As for how much I've spent... Uhhh... Too much. UI and Meeks were 15ex all up (already had one Meeks). Sword was crafted for around 4000 alts and then the necessary ex to go with it (I think 5 or 6?), I think my most expensive Jewel was 1ex, rest were either crafted or like 25 chaos.

Gloves were 20c, boots were 3.5ex, Loreweave is mine (took like 1200 fusing and around 2ex in divines), Shaper ring and Pandemonius are self found, diamond ring around 7ex. Helm around the same. And then a crap load in divines for most of the gear to balance resists and min-max as best I could.

So maybe... 50ex? And various socketing currency/blue orbs. That's for the currency version. Plus previous iterations is probably 100ex, but I've resold most of that gear to afford this stuff.

The constant Uber Elder and Shaper runs to test my DPS and eHP have paid off a couple times, which helps.
Last edited by Hohenheim_ on Jan 21, 2019, 12:14:12 AM
Loreweave - 80% Max Elemental Resistance is MANDATORY.
Why does it have to be 80% mandatory?
I did not understand that.
Could someone explain me better why not get a 79% or 78% ?
Last edited by Volzz1 on Jan 21, 2019, 12:47:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info