[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
judikator wrote:
"
"
judikator wrote:
This build suck so hard with Uber-elder.. can't do shit to this fight. Wasted 3 sets already, max success was 25% which is terrible comparing to other 100x times cheaper builds. I am so dissapointed and frustrated.

Lol, get rekt, this build is op asf.

OP with what? could you please clarify? You didn't even try endgame bosses

To farm maps? it is not as good as 90% other builds.
Great for delving? Not.
Great for killing generic shaper and his guardians - probably. But this can be done by any other builds even with less risk and definitely fewer investments.

This build is just to try out some CoC stuff (for fun), nothing else.

Cons:
-price-quality ratio is terrible, too expensive for these results.
-maps clear speed is average compared to other builds
-prepare to get recked sometimes if you didn't hit first (mele)
-delve side rooms running is a pain
-can't dodge stuff effectively (mele lock)
-can't do uber-elder

Maybe you need to master the build and learn how to use it. People is doing everything you say you cant.
Last edited by Jotasinjota on Jan 20, 2019, 7:31:27 AM
Man this build is really fun and powerful ;)
spamming the screen with nova and vortex while cycloning around.

also teammates complain about lag in breaches :D
@CheeQu
Is it better to use 20% Cooldown recovery belt on this build? THanks
"
judikator wrote:
"
"
judikator wrote:
This build suck so hard with Uber-elder.. can't do shit to this fight. Wasted 3 sets already, max success was 25% which is terrible comparing to other 100x times cheaper builds. I am so dissapointed and frustrated.

Lol, get rekt, this build is op asf.

OP with what? could you please clarify? You didn't even try endgame bosses

To farm maps? it is not as good as 90% other builds.
Great for delving? Not.
Great for killing generic shaper and his guardians - probably. But this can be done by any other builds even with less risk and definitely fewer investments.

This build is just to try out some CoC stuff (for fun), nothing else.

Cons:
-price-quality ratio is terrible, too expensive for these results.
-maps clear speed is average compared to other builds
-prepare to get recked sometimes if you didn't hit first (mele)
-delve side rooms running is a pain
-can't dodge stuff effectively (mele lock)
-can't do uber-elder

I had literally never attempted Uber Elder before playing this build and had barely checked any video throughout the years of the encounter.

And I did it deathless on my first opportunity with this build.
Every phase were under 2 seconds.

I clear a full T16 maps in less than 2 minutes.

I kill Chayula's Pure Breachstone's Chayula in about 2.73 seconds.

I really don't know what you're doing wrong with the build, but it took me a while to make my own variation and make it as OP as it is today. It takes investment in items and understanding the mechanics.

But this is literally the strongest build I have ever played, it is absolutely bonkers.

Edit:
Added a picture that shows your stats vs mines.
Both main Ice Nova under our respective optimal circumstances.

I got very very good gear, but it's just to show how powerful this build becomes with a little love.

I did Uber Elder deathless when my Ice Nova was doing around 450-500K.

As I said before, I too had a good 2-3 days where I was lost as to why my damage was sub-optimal and stuff, but I worked the quirks out.

If you give up now it's over, else there's only reward and fun ahead.

PS: Leap Slam sucks, get Shield Charge. Have leap slam/fire dash in your swap weapon if you want to cross gaps.
Shield Charge + Quicksilver + Faster Attacks = INSANE movement and clear speed and is absolutely bonkers in Delving for main and off-pathing.
Last edited by LordAzuRa on Jan 20, 2019, 9:30:28 AM
"
ysocalm wrote:

Hey guys, i am still new to POE at this point in time and was wondering i am following this build now and this is my gear setup atm, what would you guys recommend upgrading from here i have about 3.6 exalt to spend atm on upgrades.

I would say to use some GC's and get 20% quality on some gems, if not all. i would replace that kik ring and try to get a mark of the shaper and get an elder ring to offset it. or try to get a The Pandemonius as it makes a huge difference. anyone else want to chime in?
"
LordAzuRa wrote:

I really don't know what you're doing wrong with the build, but it took me a while to make my own variation and make it as OP as it is today. It takes investment in items and understanding the mechanics.

But this is literally the strongest build I have ever played, it is absolutely bonkers.

Well considering YOUR investments into the build (~100ex gear) it is not a wonder to do so. But I will say ANY other build with that and way fewer investments can do the same and better as your game stats.

I just want to point that build which can't kill uber elder with 20ex investments and average map clear speed can't be called 'great' and effective.

I am not new to the game and played many builds. I DID uber elder with my STARTER build this league (CA trickster) with only 5 ex investments, also his map clear speed is far better. I just wanted to try smth new and was disappointed with results after all efforts and currency invested

Edit:
Thanks for the help, tips and comparison provided. Offence is the best defence, huh? :)
I won't give up since don't have much time to start a new build, so will keep playing this one anyways.
PoE nowadays looks more and more like a fork server with tons of custom weird experimental stuff rather than original game with carefully thought out balance brough live to players.
Last edited by judikator on Jan 20, 2019, 10:00:20 AM
"
LordAzuRa wrote:

Added a picture that shows your stats vs mines.
Both main Ice Nova under our respective optimal circumstances.

I got very very good gear, but it's just to show how powerful this build becomes with a little love.

I did Uber Elder deathless when my Ice Nova was doing around 450-500K.

As I said before, I too had a good 2-3 days where I was lost as to why my damage was sub-optimal and stuff, but I worked the quirks out.

If you give up now it's over, else there's only reward and fun ahead.

PS: Leap Slam sucks, get Shield Charge. Have leap slam/fire dash in your swap weapon if you want to cross gaps.
Shield Charge + Quicksilver + Faster Attacks = INSANE movement and clear speed and is absolutely bonkers in Delving for main and off-pathing.

That is an awesome setup - glassy as anything but heck with 1.2m per ice nova hit I don't imagine much lasts more than a fraction of a second, and I'm including uber elder phases in that! Love it, 10/10. Is this dps picture v shaper/guardian?

Real assassins don't use diamond flasks!

With 46 unreserved mana how do you actually play, especially since I think Vortex costs more than that per cast...?

I would love to see your dps with a -9% cold res helm.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 20, 2019, 10:16:24 AM
Loving this build, cant seem to do uber elder that well though, feels too squishy for it, anyone know how to push this build's boundaries further?

I thought of dual wielding cospri + crafted jewelled foil with hits cant be evaded mod, but not entirely sure if its a good idea to go with.

This is my current gear, can kill shaper 1st phase in maybe 2-5 seconds? Probably less or more didn't check.

I do plan to double corrupt my cospri's for something saucy hopefully
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
LordAzuRa wrote:

That is an awesome setup - glassy as anything but heck with 1.2m per ice nova hit I don't imagine much lasts more than a fraction of a second, and I'm including uber elder phases in that! Love it, 10/10. Is this dps picture v shaper/guardian?

With 46 unreserved mana how do you actually play, especially since I think Vortex costs more than that per cast...?

The maths are a litle off somehow in PoB, I actually have about 81 MP unreserved after activating Vitality + Discipline + Herald of Ice + Aspect of Spider.

I have never ever missed a beat of Cyclones in group or a single target with 81 MP, even when spamming Vortex, probably thanks to Warlord's Mark and the 2 MP per hit on that ring and the Arcane Surge given by Vortex.

To answer your question, Vortex costs 30 MP to cast.

I did a few passive tree tests where I could have a flat 95% cyclone crit chance but I'd end up losing 175-225K ice nova damage! :O
So I'm keeping it in there for the moment until I can think of a better solution (if any since I have to go fetch the reduced mana reserved nods).

I imagine that things that can one shot people do one shot me :P But other than that, I got insane sustainability against non-fatal hits even if I only have 7350 eHP because of my Watcher's eye, which gives:

6/6/6
30 ES on hit when under Discipline
23 HP on hit when under Vitality
67% increased HP recovery from Flasks (greatly increases the potency of a Seething Eternal Life Flask)

Damage against Shaper/Guardians:

And yeah at that amount of damage, even Chayula is a joke :P Can't die if nothing have time to attack me haha

I checked out of curiosity and Cospri's Ice Nova are at 386K and the frostbolts at 362k.

Edit:
Another thing that helps my survivability are my Acuitys.

When I equip these instead of these pure damage gloves (freshly crafted a few hours ago!):

I have exactly 89% Resistance everywhere, which helps tanking all elemental-based hits with
Last edited by LordAzuRa on Jan 20, 2019, 10:52:12 AM
"
LordAzuRa wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
LordAzuRa wrote:

The maths are a litle off somehow in PoB, I actually have about 81 MP unreserved after activating Vitality + Discipline + Herald of Ice + Aspect of Spider.

I have never ever missed a beat of Cyclones in group or a single target with 81 MP, even when spamming Vortex, probably thanks to Warlord's Mark and the 2 MP per hit on that ring and the Arcane Surge given by Vortex.

To answer your question, Vortex costs 30 MP to cast.

I did a few passive tree tests where I could have a flat 95% cyclone crit chance but I'd end up losing 175-225K ice nova damage! :O
So I'm keeping it in there for the moment until I can think of a better solution (if any since I have to go fetch the reduced mana reserved nods).

I imagine that things that can one shot people do one shot me :P But other than that, I got insane sustainability against non-fatal hits even if I only have 7350 eHP because of my Watcher's eye, which gives:

6/6/6
30 ES on hit when under Discipline
23 HP on hit when under Vitality
67% increased HP recovery from Flasks (greatly increases the potency of a Seething Eternal Life Flask)

Damage against Shaper/Guardians:

And yeah at that amount of damage, even Chayula is a joke :P Can't die if nothing have time to attack me haha

I checked out of curiosity and Cospri's Ice Nova are at 386K and the frostbolts at 362k.

Edit:
Another thing that helps my survivability are my Acuitys.

When I equip these instead of these pure damage gloves (freshly crafted a few hours ago!):

I have exactly 89% Resistance everywhere, which helps tanking all elemental-based hits with

Ok I am not sure what are you doing to inflate your numbers but correct me if I am wrong on the following POB of your gear:

Your Correct Config
https://pastebin.com/Z4DxjdpJ
3x Spider Stacks
Power Charges
One nearby enemy
Blinded
Chilled
-37% Nearby Enemy Resist on Cospri
No Vaal RF

Tooltip Ice Nova damage: 325,624.5
(which is pretty low considering the mana you run with)

This is in comparison to the same config with my"
https://pastebin.com/sTEuQA3n

Tooltip Ice Nova damage: 468,460.8
Nearly 1.5x more. (my unreserved mana is like 200 and I run PoE just because I got nothing else to do with my mana)

Where is this 1.2 mil none sense is coming from rofl ?

Can you please provide your POB for that 900k shaper dps here please and thank you.

Last edited by Seqqsy on Jan 20, 2019, 11:37:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info