[3.7] Spectral Throw AllDayEveryDay 2.0 | All Content Done | 4.9M+ Shaper DPS

Is it worth it to multimod a 30% sword?

It had crit but the annul ripped it early and I justkept going for the memes.

Would only be 10% less crit. Unusable or okay?
"
Forget spectral throw I played this build with the 2 gem swaps you suggested for shattering steel and I just annihilate endgame bosses .. the damage is retarded. I played molten strike before and it did less damage...

Playing with a hale negator for maximum lolz and some defense.
Im at over 8k life and I literally just phased uelder and shaper in 1 second.
Going full lightning with 1 multi jewel so i can shatter and ignite.
I also swapped out herald of ice for thunder as it gave me like 10k more dmg per projectile and clearing maps is an absolute breeze.

Yea Shattering Steel with Fork is pretty good.
I still prefer Spectral throw for both clearing and bossing.
Spectral throw kills bosses faster imo, thanks to Vaal Spectral Throw.
Only downside about Spectral Throw you need to switch 2 gems for single target in T16+ maps.

"

https://pastebin.com/QU3KEt3v any suggestions you could give me? I feel like I am still really far off from 3.5m dmg, i really like the build and am breezing thru current t6 maps, just feel worried about being ready for shaper and being really far from where your dmg is.

You should get
1: diamond flask with 60-80% increased crit
2: amulet with atleast crit multi, elemental damage with attacks and life.
3: opal ring with 30% elemental damage with attacks and life.

"
Is it worth it to multimod a 30% sword?

Yea its worth it, imo.
Last edited by Xe0z on Jan 15, 2019, 4:45:52 AM
"
Xe0z wrote:
"
Forget spectral throw I played this build with the 2 gem swaps you suggested for shattering steel and I just annihilate endgame bosses .. the damage is retarded. I played molten strike before and it did less damage...

Playing with a hale negator for maximum lolz and some defense.
Im at over 8k life and I literally just phased uelder and shaper in 1 second.
Going full lightning with 1 multi jewel so i can shatter and ignite.
I also swapped out herald of ice for thunder as it gave me like 10k more dmg per projectile and clearing maps is an absolute breeze.

Yea Shattering Steel with Fork is pretty good.
I still prefer Spectral throw for both clearing and bossing.
Spectral throw kills bosses faster imo, thanks to Vaal Spectral Throw.
Only downside about Spectral Throw you need to switch 2 gems for single target in T16+ maps.

Yea its worth it, imo.

Dunno I literally oneshot T15 bosses <1s and killed minotaur in ~2 seconds. Takes longer for me with ST. Ill play with it for now for the QoL that you mentioned (not having to swap any gems).

Also in my PoB my ST deals more dmg when I put in Added cold instead of slower proj. Thoughts on this? Any reasons to use slower proj?

Last edited by pyloniac on Jan 15, 2019, 7:58:17 AM
Noticed something wierd in the PoB.

Swapping one weapon enchant from 16% penetration to 32% increased Elemental Damage on Attacks seems to be a DPS increase, but swapping both to 32% Elemental Damage is a decrease.

** All other crafted mods are the same as yours **
Total DPS
3504714.9 => 2x 16% Penetrates
3507020.8 => 1x 16% Penetrates, 1x 32% Elemental Damage
3493707.0 => 2x 32% Elemental Damage

Is this a PoB bug, or does that make sense?

I'm asking b.c. I have a 25% IAS, 37% ICSC, 40% Increased Elemental Damage Foil and I'm wondering if I should trade it and get one w/o the extra Elemental Damage Affix.
"
Dunno I literally oneshot T15 bosses <1s and killed minotaur in ~2 seconds. Takes longer for me with ST. Ill play with it for now for the QoL that you mentioned (not having to swap any gems).

Also in my PoB my ST deals more dmg when I put in Added cold instead of slower proj. Thoughts on this? Any reasons to use slower proj?

Yea, shattering steel is strong no doubt about that, but you can do the same thing with spectral throw. i also killed all guardians in 1-2sec and full hp shaper in 2 sec. Havent you watched my videos? ;)
Just play whatever you like the most, both are strong! :)

Sounds wierd you get more dmg with added cold gem.
i lose 400k dps if i change to added cold instead of slower proj.

"

Swapping one weapon enchant from 16% penetration to 32% increased Elemental Damage on Attacks seems to be a DPS increase, but swapping both to 32% Elemental Damage is a decrease.

Total DPS

I'm asking b.c. I have a 25% IAS, 37% ICSC, 40% Increased Elemental Damage Foil and I'm wondering if I should trade it and get one w/o the extra Elemental Damage Affix.

Hmm. Probably because we already have alot of dmg penetrate on gear and jewel.
If you have a 25% IAS, 37% Crit, 40% ele dmg with attacks, you should use that, no doubt.
Last edited by Xe0z on Jan 15, 2019, 8:44:15 AM
"
Xe0z wrote:
"

Yea, shattering steel is strong no doubt about that, but you can do the same thing with spectral throw. i also killed all guardians in 1-2sec and full hp shaper in 2 sec. Havent you watched my videos? ;)
Just play whatever you like the most, both are strong! :)

Sounds wierd you get more dmg with added cold gem.
i lose 400k dps if i change to added cold instead of slower proj.

"

Total DPS

Hmm. Probably because we already have alot of dmg penetrate on gear and jewel.
If you have a 25% IAS, 37% Crit, 40% ele dmg with attacks, you should use that, no doubt.

Yea ST does a lot of dmg too if you can stand still and projs hit both ways. For uelder I move around alot and SS was little bit smoother kill than with ST.

With gear changes slower proj seems to be slightly ahead of added cold for now but as I scale lightning dmg, added lightning is now better than slower proj for me.

https://pastebin.com/UEX2ugbM
Last edited by pyloniac on Jan 15, 2019, 9:28:19 AM
I was wondering what what 6L in your tabula did you lvl to 72 with ? The leveling tree you had linked in PoB what skills did you run?

Thank you! <3
"
I was wondering what what 6L in your tabula did you lvl to 72 with ? The leveling tree you had linked in PoB what skills did you run?

Thank you! <3

I used Rain of Arrow to lvl 72.
If you want to use ST while leveling you should use:
Spectral Throw > Greater multiple projectiles > Elemental Damage with Attacks > Added Lightning Damage > Lightning Penetration > Increased Crit/Crit Dmg / Added Cold Damage
Ok, I'm reading a few different things. What is the opinion on BiS running with Lycosidae? Also, what combo of swords then will produce the most damage BiS period? Trying to take your build to the highest potential as I loved ST back in the day when Ele ST with max auras was the way to play.

This seems far stronger and a lot more fun as things just blow-up instantly more times than not.

Also, I'll have to look again but I didn't see a tree for the one hand + shield variant .. I'm sure it's easy to move some nods around but I imagine someone has an optimal path already figured out ..

Thanks for the awesome guide .. Love how it's not cluttered and super simple :-)
"
Ok, I'm reading a few different things. What is the opinion on BiS running with Lycosidae? Also, what combo of swords then will produce the most damage BiS period? Trying to take your build to the highest potential as I loved ST back in the day when Ele ST with max auras was the way to play.

This seems far stronger and a lot more fun as things just blow-up instantly more times than not.

Also, I'll have to look again but I didn't see a tree for the one hand + shield variant .. I'm sure it's easy to move some nods around but I imagine someone has an optimal path already figured out ..

Thanks for the awesome guide .. Love how it's not cluttered and super simple :-)

If you want to run with lycosidae i would do something like this.
Helmet: The Devouring Diadem (So you can fit in Anger, and can use watcher eye with Anger Crit Multi and Wrath Increased Crit)
Weapon: 26% Attack speed / 35% Crit / 40% Elemental damage with attacks / Multimod / Non Chaos as extra chaos damage / Attacks with this weapon penetrate 15%
or a 430+ Edps with attack speed, crit chance, crit multi
Skilltree something like this: https://pastebin.com/Pf2584jG

The strongest weapon combo would probably be
Dual wield 26%+ Attack Speed / 35%+ Crit / 35%+ Crit Multi / 40%+ Ele damage with attacks / Lightning Damage / Crafted Hits cant be evaded
and i would run The Devouring Diadem so i also can run anger like mentioned above.
Last edited by Xe0z on Jan 16, 2019, 12:00:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info