[3.15] The Nightblade | New video : in-depth testing of Brittle | 3.16 updates > p79-80
New to the game ?
> See the "League Start" and FAQ sections below.
Need advice for your build ? Set your character to public :
> Home - My Account - Privacy settings - uncheck boxes
#4 : Life Is So Brittle. Testing Brittle effect against a very large selection of bosses, including Elder, Shaper and Sirus .
#3 : Cull Them All, Vaal Warchief !
#2 : Secrets of Suffering. The Forgotten fight (4 Synthesis bosses) with Brittle ailment.
#1 : Nerfed But Alive. T16 Phoenix, to evaluate my DPS after the big nerf from 3.15.
I have created the build I wanted to play with my favorite Ascendancy and my favorite skill. It's not meta, but it's fast, fun and versatile. Since december 2018, I have done every content with it.
The name of the build comes from two gems :
- Blade Flurry, our main skill
- Nightblade support, which is tailored-made for Assassins.
I want to pay tribute to Mathil for his old BF Assassin. It has been outdated since 3.5, but it was the basis for this build.
* This build is very Johnny, if you're into this MTG classification.
* You may also like my other builds :
- The Pestilent Viper. The Occultist goes melee !
- The Infused Trickster. Lightning Tendrils
Good luck and have fun :)
* Blade Flurry Assassin
* Dagger / Claw / Shield
* Physical and chaos damages
* Max Elusiveness
* High movement speed
- Not a 1-click-AFK build : we use several skills and buffs
- Clearspeed is nice but not super-fast.
- Becomes expensive for ultra-endgame (100ex and more). But still an off-meta build, so not that expensive.
- It's melee, so you'll die.
- It's melee, so you'll have fun !
- Boss killer
- All contents viable -except the Feared.
- Beginner friendly | Can be done on a budget
- Lots of variant and customization possible. Adapt the build to your liking !
History of the build since 3.5
* I began this guide in 3.5 and called it Old & New School BF Assassin.
* In 3.7, with the rework to melee, my dream of a phys/chaos dual-dagger Assassin became a reality. I made an Impale version.
* In 3.8, the Assassin became a true shadow killer thanks to the Elusive buff. I devised the Invisible version. I changed the name to : The Nightblade Flurry Assassin.
* In 3.9, I made a tankier version with Mind Over Matter and shortened the name to : The Nightblade Assassin.
* In 3.10, I've added the cluster jewels and tested the Perfidy chest.
* In 3.11, I've tested a new Keystone, The Traitor, and beat Sirus A8 thanks to it.
I've gone SSF in Harvest, with dual claws and a new setup : General's Cry + BF.
Ddevised a Scion variant of the build, with Paradoxica and Saviour swords.
* In 3.12, I'm shortening again the name of the build : The Nightblade.
In league, adding Frost Shield and Corrupted Soul for a solid layer of defense.
In Standard, Chainbreaker keystone with a Lethal Pride/Akoya timeless jewel, for max Rage and Berserk.
* In 3.13 Ritual, I devised a variant with Arakaali dagger and Yriel's Fostering body.
* In 3.14, Chainbreaker becomes unusable. I went low-life with Petrified Blood and Bloodthirst. Sinvicta's Mettle in weapon swap to proc Rampage.
* In 3.15, big nerf to dmg ! I added Secrets of Suffering to Brittle enemies.
Links updated for 3.15
Minmaxed endgame setup. Level 96.
The Uber-PoB -tree updated for 3.15
Several stages from levels 17 to 95. Use it mainly to see the progression of the skill tree and find suggestion for your items.
From fellow player Josiasss : Claw / Shield level 98. 6.2k life, Carcass Jack.
Variants from past leagues
Ultimatum. 4L General's Cry + BF, Sinvicta's axe in weapon swap to proc Rampage ; level 91.
- Ritual. Wasp Nest claw, Arakaali's dagger ; level 91.
- Heist. Frost Shield ; level 94.
- Harvest. SSF, dual claws ; level 90.
- Delirium. Loreweave, Bottled Faith ; level 93.
(Last updated : 08/08/21)
/!\ To be used with PoB/Community Fork.
My Youtube Channel
Best of past leagues
- Delve 770 - Kurgal, the Blackblooded
- Delve 750 - Petrified Blood.
- The Twisted.
- Twinned Uber Elder / Maven.
- The Oshabi.
- The Maven
- Maven's Four Shaper Guardians
- Maven's Ten Boss Fight
- Uber Elder deathless
- Sirus A8 deathless
- Kosis and Omniphobia together
- The Vox Twins
- Grinding to level 96
- The true story behind the exile of the Shadow.
- T18 Purifier.
- Sirus A8 with the Traitor Keystone.
- T16 100% Delirious Promenade
- Aul, the Crystal King - depth 564 - 100% inc AoE
- The Simulacrum, Kosis wave 20
- The Hall of Grandmasters
- Delve 625
- Mind over Matter setup
- Uber Elder deathless
- Delve 570 - Ahuatotli, The Blind
- Delve 600
- Towerless T15 Blighted Forest
- Best-of 3.7
- Vaal Temple
Where and when to find the required gems. Thx to Xelathur !
Here are some advice for a smooth beginning :
1- Get the Wanderlust unique shoes, for the +20% movement speed and freeze immunity :
* Or craft magic boots with movement speed. Go to a vendor in town and sell them : normal boots + an orb of augmentation + a quicksilver flask.
You'll get +10% movement speed on the boots.
Repeat and you'll get another +5%, up to +30% movespeed. /!\ Each time, it raises the level requirement of the boots.
2- Get a Quicksilver flask. Get it in act 1 as a reward from Bestel after retrieving the Medicine Chest.
3- Get one or two rings/amulet with mana regen.
4- Craft two daggers with increased damages :
1 dagger + 1 blue Rustic Stash belt + 1 Blacksmith Whetstone.
Check the Vendor recipe system.
5- Our main skill, Blade Flurry becomes available at level 28. Before that, you can begin with Frost Blades or Cobra Lash..
6- From early on, you can add two auras : Blood and Sand and War Banner, as well as Dash and Smoke Mine movement skills.
7- Good unique items :
* The Goredrill dagger at level 5, for some nice bleeding dmg.
* Helmet : the Goldrim from level 1 for good elem resis.
8- Get PoB Community fork, a very good simulator for the game.
* Here is a simulation at level 28, when you get Blade Flurry :
> I've put only unique items for suggestions. Replace those you want with magic/rares.
More details in the next section, "Levelling".
See my Guide for the 10 acts
I always run out of mana, what can I do ?
- "#% phys dmg leeched as mana" affix somewhere on your stuff. 0.4% should be enough.
- "-x total mana cost of skills" on ring or amulet.
- x% reduced mana cost of skills" on a jewel
- Mind Drinker on the tree. Whenever you can, unallocate those two nodes and get Fuel the Fight on a large cluster.
Uniques : Wurm's Molt belt and Slitherpinch gloves are dirt cheap (1 alch), Praxis ring is 1c.
Should I get a Tabula Rasa ?
You can farm Blood Aqueduct in act 9 to get a stack of 9 Humility divination cards and then trade it to Navali to get the Tabula.
I think it slows your progression.
Better continue into the acts, accumulate currencies, and then buy a cheap rare 6-link chest. Many people sell corrupted ones for slightly more chaos. Get one with the right colors, some life and res.
I want to make money !
I can advise you to not waste your time picking up rare items.
Just pick up 1-square items. Currencies, maps, frags, essences etc.
Nothing to ID, nothing to vendor. Grab everything you walk on and then drop it into your stashes.
When you have 100+ alterations/jewellers/scour/chrom/fus etc. go sell in bulk them via the online trade and make some easy chaos.
I want to level fast !
Don't try to full clear the maps, it's useless. Go only to the points of interests : Essences, Blight, Ritual etc.
When you are in levels 75+, you can do Xoph's Breachstones. They are fairly easy and cheap.
I was able to go from level 78 to 79 with only 2 Xoph. 50% XP each !
In level 84, they still give 13% XP.
Interrogating Syndicate members, whatever you choose (kill, bargain etc.) also gives lots of XP + raid the hideouts. Do the Mastermind mission (200% inc XP) but do not go to the boss.
To level past level 90 :
- Delving at depth ~200.
- T15 Beachhead : safe and slow.
- T13+ Coward's Trial : fast and fun, more expensive.
- T14+ Poorjoy Asylum : fast but dangerous.
I die too much. What can I do ?
Survivability check-list :
- 5k life for endgame, bare minimum.
- All elem res capped at 75%.
- Low positive chaos res.
- CwDT level 20 + Steelskin
- A Panicked life flask : « Instant recovery when on low life »
Which unique daggers for levelling ?
Widowmaker for the 10 acts
To begin Atlas : Bino's Kitchen, Goblinedge, Sanguine Gambol, Taproot.
How do you deal damage with poison ?
Actually, this build does not use poison for dmg.
Poison is used to get several bonuses from the Ascendancy nodes. See Offense section for more details.
Why do you keep Precision on level 1 ?
The more you raise the level of the gem, the more it reserves mana. So you can level it as much you want, to help you get 100% hit chance, and some more critical strike chance.
Why this low-level CwDT + Cold Snap ?
So that Cold Snap procs on every pack and chill them. Also gives chance to get Frenzy charges. A small but nice layer of defense.
Should I always use the Shaper's gloves ?
Use them if you have at least 350 or (better) 400 DEX.
Otherwise, Tombfist are also good, or rare Spiked gloves.
I don't like MoM. Must I really use it ?
No, it's just more survivability at the cost of less DPS.
Are the cluster jewels worth it ?
Yes, one large + one medium are definitely worth it.
See Endgame section for more details about cluster notables.
Can I use another main skill ?
Yes, Cyclone with the exact same setup. Double Strike is also good.
Can I use a shield ?
Yes, you can.
Best unique : Unshattered Will
A rare with tons of life, elem and chaos res.
Can I use claws ?
Yes, that should be less DPS and more survivability.
Take the big claw wheel with 3 notables + Claws of the Pride.
I've gone dual-claws in Harvest SSF.
A mini-guide to Blade Flurry
I remember back in november 2016 when they announced 2.4, this new skill, Blade Flurry (BF). On the moment I saw it, I knew that was the perfect skill I was waiting for. Fast, deadly, some AoE, increasing dmg while channelling. And the green waves when you release at max stage are so satisfying.
It has remained my #1 skill ever since.
BF gives you +20% more dmg for each stage, with a total of +100% more when you reach 6th stage, basically doubling your DPS. Then, 20% more when you release the wave. That's where all the juice is.
Learn the perfect channelling, by releasing when the green circle pop, and then start back to stage 1 immediately. As it depends of your APS (attack per second), you gotta get used to it. Reaching 6th stage can take somewhere between 2sec and 0,5sec.
E.g., if you have 6 APS, it takes exactly 1 sec to reach max stage.
In maps :
Pop Withering Steps, run near the enemies to wither them, then BF. With Whirling Blades, you can jump behind them, or right in the middle of them and blast with Blade Flurry. Channel till release then jump to dodge and attack again. Surprise them with impredictable moves. WB is very fast and allows for quick change in your battle tactics.
* Use Phase Run for extra 30% phys dmg : channel to 6th stage, Phase Run, release BF.
Put the War Banner on space bar and then, plant it with just one click of the thumb : you gain 2 sec of Adrenaline = 25% more DPS !
Daggers have critical chance as implicits. We get lots of nodes in the Ascendancy.
It's a good idea to get some cold dmg somewhere on the rings or amulet. As we often crit, we will be able to freeze most mobs. Looking at you, Porcupines !
If we freeze them, they will shatter = won't explode with their spines on death.
We cuse Shaper's Touch gloves and then stack Dexterity.
Because more Dexterity now means : more Accuracy, more Evasion + more DPS and more life !
For endgame, you can further increase the DEX stacking with a Brutal Restraint Timeless Jewel on your tree >See Endgame section below.
Poison deals almost 0 damage with this build, but with Noxious Strike on the Ascendancy, it gives us life recovery on kill.
Chances to poison
On the Ascendancy, Noxious Strike : 40% chance to poison on any hit.
On the tree, two small nodes "Dagger dmg and Poison chance" : 2*10% chance to poison on hit with attacks.
So, on any attack hit, we got 60% chance to poison.
With Adder's Touch : 40% chance to poison with crits.
So, on crit we have 60+40 = 100% chance to poison.
> A non-crit has 60% chance to poison.
> A crit will always poison.
> For full calculations, go to PoB, "Calcs" and see "Chance to Poison".
This is why the Diamond flask is so good, as it greatly increases our chance to crit and poison.
In this game, getting DPS is fairly easy, while getting good defences is hard.
We use a combination of effects and buffs that synergize.
/!\ Here, you have to make choices. You can't get all these layers of defense.
We easily cap Life leech at 20% of max life with Blood Drinker : 0,4% of atk dmg leeched as life.
For mana leech, you can get the Mind Drinker notable on the tree : 0.4% of attack damage leeched as mana. But it's best to get this same mod on some piece of equipment or with Fuel the Fight on a large cluster jewel.
Any damage can stun the enemy, provided it removes at least 10% of his life per hit -see Stun. "Dealing at least 50% of maximum life will always stun."
As we deal huge physical damage, we stun small mobs all the time, and even rares. Physical damage has stun bonuses over other damages, making it even easier.
If you want to check how often you stun, you can set Endurance charge on melee stun support in your BF setup, and you'll see that you gain Endurance charges all the time.
> Additionnally, by using the Ryslatha's coil belt, we get a lot more phys dmg and we gain life each time we stun.
To be reworked for 3.16
It's easy to stack a lot of Dexterity on the stuff and the skill tree to improve our chances to evade attacks.
Evasion gives you a flat chance to evade -See Evasion. For each fight, the game will set a random order of miss and hit. And this sequence will be refreshed every few seconds.
For instance, say you have 25% chance to evade attacks. Then, the RNG may roll HIT – EVADE – HIT – HIT. Then for some seconds, you will always evade the second hit amongst a series of four, and always be hit by the other three.
Then, the RNG will be rolled again, and you may get EHHH, or HHEH etc.
Evade chance is capped at 95%.
This buff is specially designed for the Assassin and we can improve it a lot.
Elusive grants 30% inc movespeed and 15% chance to avoid damage from hits (spells or attacks). This buff decays over time, until its values reaches 0.
With the Ascendancy, we get :
* Elusive on crit
* 60% buff effect.
* Another 58% inc effect with the Anomalous Nightblade support.
* With Withering Steps (WS) movement skill, we refresh the buff, then lose it and get it again on the first crit.
Elusive granted by WS has 48% inc effect.
* 45% inc effect from No Witnesses cluster on the tree.
* 25% from Nightstalker notable.
* 168% inc effect = +80% movespeed and 40% avoid.
* 198% with Withering Steps = 94% movespeed and 47% avoid.
REDUCED / LESS DAMAGE TAKEN
This mechanics is mostly useful for endgame.
In endgame, even if you have 6k life or more, you are still a glasscannon. Evasion cannot save us all the time.
So we try to lower the damages we take = those that remain after all other sources of mitigation have been calculated. This is the real amount of damage withdrawn from our life pool -see Damage taken.
Ideally, if we'd get 100% reduced dmg taken, we would be invincible. But that's barely possible, or you have to sacrifice all your DPS -see this video for instance.
Fun for a YT video, but not realistic to play.
The main point is that nothing can reduce this reduction, e.g. you have no map mods that reduces damage taken.
* On the Ascendancy, with Mistwalker, no extra dmg taken from crit !
With Opportunistic : 20% reduced dmg taken when there 2+ rare enemies nearby.
* With Fortify support on the BF setup, we have 20% less dmg taken from hits (meaning : not DoT). So for 100 dmg dealt by the enemy, we take only 80.
* With the Infused Channelling support, we take 8% less physical damage from hits while channelling.
(* If we use the Unshattered Will shield, the Harbinger will give a bonus every 8sec for 4sec : immune to stun and elemental ailment and 20% less dmg taken from hits and DoT : a more powerful Fortify buff, half of the time.)
+ = linked
- Blade Flurry, 6L : Blade Flurry + Melee Physical Damage + Nightblade (Anomalous) + Infused Channelling + Fortify + Bloodthirst
- Whirling Blades : Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Life Tap level 1
- Totems : Ancestral Protector + Vaal Ancestral Warchief + Multiple Totems support + Culling Strike
- Auras on mana : Petrified Blood + Purity of Elements
- Auras on life : War Banner + Blood & Sand + Vitality
- Cast When Damage Taken 20 + Steelskin 20
- Buffs : Withering Steps, Phase Run
- Frost Shield + Second Wind, with a Glorious Vanity/Doryani, in order to get Corrupted Soul keystone, so as to sustain the shield.
- CwDT level 1 + Cold Snap.
Cold Snap will chill enemies and can give you Frenzy charges when enemies die in the area.
- Other buffs : Blood Rage, Plague Bearer, Ice Golem, Aspect of the Cat, Aspect of the Spider, Herald of Purity...
/!\ If you use Blood Rage, put it in a weapon and have a weapon swap. This way, if your HP get very low, you can swap quickly to stop the degen effect.
* Quickly put 20%q on your Infused Channelling gem, to get the Infusion buff faster (0.6 sec)
* BF 21/23 and Fortify 21/20 are best for DPS
* No quality needed for Blood Rage and all auras gems
* Level up Precision as you see fit. If you go MoM, level it up until you have 90 mana left unreserved. Ice Golem requires at least 70 mana to summon.
Thx to Red7Official for these tips.
There are 3 unique items that really make the build shine :
1) Starkonja Helmet
2) Shaper's Touch gloves
3) Ryslatha's Coil belt
- Weapon : For the daggers, you want : inc phys dmg | adds phys dmg | attack speed 1.7+ | crit chance / crit multi | phys as extra chaos
- Shield : Life, elem resis, attributes, ailment avoir chance, stun avoid chance + inc global phys dmg.
A shield makes the build much less expensive but we lose DPS.
A very good unique : The Unshattered Will. It has all we need : life, elem res, inc channelling skill dmg and the Harbinger of Focus : stun and ailment immunities for 4sec every 8sec.
- Body Armour : The BiS unique is a Loreweave with 78% all max res (Legacy version : up to 80%).
- Belly of the Beast : lot more life.
- Carcass Jack : more AoE and AoE dmg + life, elem res
- Farrul's Fur / Replica Farrul's Fur : very expensive.
* More expensive : a rare body armour with :
+max life and +% max life
socketed attacks have -15 to total mana cost
10ex and more
* One with "10% chance to gain a frenzy charge on hit". Comes from Synthetised items or items with Redeemer's influence. Guarantees 100% max frenzy charges all the time.
* A chest with "Killed enemies explode, dealing 3% of their life as phys dmg". BiS for farming. Can actually turn Blade Flurry into a very capable farming skill.
- Helmet : Starkonja with "40% inc BF dmg" enchant is BIS. Life, DEX, crit chance, Evasion, attack speed, are all what we need.
Abyssus : more dmg, but you take increased dmg.
- Gloves : Shaper's Touch are BiS for this build. Enchantment and corruption are optional and you don't even need a good roll.
Other choices : Tombfist (second best choice), Asenath Gentle Touch (amazing because it curses and make mobs explode, but very expensive).
- Boots : Atziri's Steps for life, spell dodge, lot of EVA +30% movespeed.
Replica Three-Step-Assault have life, DEX and Elusive effect.
Any rare with life and the elem res. You can also look for : chance to avoid stun, atk or spell dodge, 35% movespeed...
Also look for "Tailwind if crit recently" mod = 10% more dps
- Amulet : Life, res, crit multi, added phys dmg, gain phys as extra cold/lightning...
- For mid-game, Hyrri's Truth (or Replica version).
- An Aul's Uprising with no mana Hatred.
- A physical Impresence with no mana Vulnerability.
- Rings : Life, phys dmg, crit, DEX, elem resis, gain phys as extra cold...
Useful mods : Assassin's Mark on hit, Aspect of the Cat / Aspect of the Spider.
- Belt : Best in Slot is Ryslatha's Coil.
Life, life gain on stun and 10-20% more phys dmg.
- Jewels : Murderous Eye Jewels, Crimson or Viridian Jewels.
- Crit multi
- Attack speed
- Phys dmg = phys dmg with 1h-weapons / daggers, aoe dmg etc.
For crit and APS, look for : while dual-wielding / with one-handed weapons / with daggers / if you've killed recently + life, res, attributes...
* A Clarity mod to improve mana regen for Mind Over Matter, if you use it. Best one is "15% of dmg taken gained as mana over 4sec".
* +30-50% chaos resistance while affected by Purity of Elements.
- Flasks : Atziri's Promise, Lion's Roar, Diamond Flask, Sin's Rebirth, Cinderswallow, Bottled Faith...
1 - Mistwalker, for the increased Elusive buff.
2 - Ambush and Assassinate for more dmg.
3 - Opportunistic, for more dmg against enemies on full life or low life
4 - Noxious Strike, for life recovery with poison
* Bandits : Alira. Crit multi, mana regen and elem res.
* Pantheon : Arakaali and Abberath for immunity to burning ground.
* Enchantments :
- Helmet : 40% increased Blade Flurry Damage.
- Gloves : Commandment of Blades. Throws some daggers, helps to clear.
- Boots : 16% attack and cast speed if you've killed recently OR Regenerate 2% life and mana per second if you've been hit recently.
- Buy a level 83+ Ambusher : 1.5 base aps.
/!\ Imperial Skean also have 1.5 aps but they are now considered Rune Daggers, meaning they can roll caster mods. We don't want that.
- Scour + 20%q.
Then, you have three options : hideout bench or fossils
* with Essences
- Spam Essence of Zeal to get a very fast dagger and then add phys dmg with the bench.
* with bench
- Spam alteration orbs to get the flaring mod = added phys dmg
- Regal orb
- Annul to leave only attack speed and phys dmg
- Multi mod. Crafting the mods costs 7ex, but it’s deterministic.
Thx to Cane_Cane for his advice.
* with fossils
- Perfect fossil for >20%q. I settled for 23%.
- Optionnally, Encrusted fossil to get white sockets. I didn't use it.
- Shuddering for speed + Serrated for attack mods + Sanctified for higher rolls.
- You can add Aberrant : more chaos, no lightning, to try and get "phys as extra chaos". But then you need a Primal Resonator (4 sockets), which is more expensive.
Buy a 6-link EVA-based one, with high item level (82+).
- 20%q with Armourer Scraps
- Perfect Fossil to improve quality. Got 29% and decided to settle for it.
- Encrusted Fossils to get white sockets. Or use Vorici's bench in Research hideout.
- Pristine for life mods + a Serrated in the hope of getting "socketed attacks have -15 to total mana cost" + Sanctified to get higher values
Then you pray for RNGesus (there's no other god left in Wraeclast).
Delving is a great way to test the limits of your build in the hardest possible conditions.
When you've done some multi-modded 550+ delves, Beyond T15-16 maps will feel much easier !
Enemies you must spot :
- Screamers with their lightning sonic wave. Can kill you in <2 sec.
- Blue felines and their exploding blue aura.
- Zombies that spread caustic ground on death. Because of them, very deep delvers (1000+) go CI, as it's otherwise impossible to survive the chaos degen.
- Areas like Haunted remains nodes have those small grey ghosts (like mini-Shapers) that can insta-kill you with phys dmg.
How deep can we go ?
Greatly depends of your knowledge of the Mine and your stuff.
I think 300 is easily doable. 400 is still possible.
Things can become hard past 500.
Going past 600 was often very hard. I was able to go deeper than 700 thanks to Petrified Blood. My absolute best is 800.
Advanced options from the past leagues. This is for seasoned players.
3.7 : TIMELESS JEWELS
« Just like the Maraketh from the plains, wandering and killing... »
Timeless jewels :
- Brutal Restraint to juice up the nodes nearby.
Adds DEX on every small node and mods on the notables, like : life, gain 5% phys as cold, crit chances, poison dmg...
You can socket the jewel in the Shadows or Ranger socket, where there are plenty of notables available. .
- More defensive : Glorious Vanity of Doryani to get the Corrupted Soul keystone : 20% life as extra ES. This will allow you to sustain the Frost Shield.
Put it near Point Blank keystone so as not to break your tree, as the mods given are very random and seldom useful for us.
3.8 : ANOINTMENTS
Ambidexterity is a solid choice : Amber - Azure - Black
You can't go wrong with it.
Best DPS comes from Nightstalker or Panopticon (with totems placed).
Other choices include : a fat life node, Weathered Hunter, Holy Dominion, Hematophagy, Aspect of Stone, Soul of Steel...
Teal + Violet on each ring, for 2*25% inc Scout Tower range. The easiest and most balanced choice.
Pop a Scout Tower near the pump, then a Stun level 3 as a support, then a green one tier 3.
- For beginners : 3 amber for 60% reduced costs of towers. You'll build a lot of towers even before the encounter begins.
- For maximum loot, 3 Teal or 3 Crimson, depending on your budget, to get lucky chests = content of the chest is rolled twice and the best is kept. This number of lucky chests is increased by the Awakening bonus !
3.9 : CATALYSTS
- Abrasive on the Ryslatha's belt
- Prismatic on a ring with lots of elem res.
- Turbulent on an amulet with phys as extra lightning/cold
3.10 : CLUSTER JEWELS
A selection of notables with the best ones.
Large cluster : Dagger or Dual-Wielding. 8pts.
- Drive the Destruction (20% faster life leech)
- Feed the Fury
- Fuel the Fight (for mana leech)
- Hit & Run
- Martial Prowess
- Wind-Up (Dagger only)
Medium cluster : Channelling or Crit Chance. 5pts is ok, since it's cheaper than a 4pts and you won't have to allocate the fifth point.
- Overwhelming Malice for Unholy Might
- Precise Focus
- Rapid Infusion
- Unwavering Focus
Medium cluster : Totem Damage.
- Ancestral Guidance : 30% effect of your Ancestral totem buff. Very powerful.
Small cluster : Life. 2 or 3 pts.
- Peace Amidst Chaos
- Enduring Composure : Endurance Charges when hit. Now the Juggernaut is jealous !
3.11 : ENRICHED UBER LAB level 83
With a Dedication to the Goddess, you can access the Eternal Labyrinth of Potential, where the font can give various enchantments for the belt.
The best one for us is : "20% chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments while you have Elusive".
These ones are also good :
* 30% reduced Effect of Curses on you while on Consecrated Ground
* Enemies Withered by you have -6% to all Resistances
* +300 to Evasion Rating while you have Phasing
3.12 : ALTERNATE QUALITY GEMS
(A) = Anomalous, (D) = Divergent, (P) = Phantasmal
Ancestral Protector and Warchief : (A) 40% inc Placement speed
Blood Rage : (A) 2% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge when you Hit a Unique Enemy
Cast When Damage Taken : (A) 20% inc duration of supported skill (Steelskin)
Ice Golem : (A) 20% inc effect
Steelskin : (A) Buff can take 10% inc dmg.
Nightblade : (A) 20% inc Effect of Elusive.
Malachai, The Nightmare
He can kill you instantly when he reappears from underground.
Watch your steps : the red spots on the grounds are often deadly.
Vessels of the Vaal : go to the left one and stay near it while it activates. There is a delay before the second one activates, which will allow you to kill the first one before.
Always kill the girl first : she launches a physical rain that can insta-kill you. Pop an anti-bleed flask and kill the two others.
She reflects 2% of any damage dealt to her. So, to avoid killing yourself, use Sibyl's lament ring on right slot (-40% of reflected phys dmg taken) and Yugul's Pantheon. Then you should be ok with reflects.
Avoid cursing her, because she reflects curses.
For the clone phase, quickly spot the one with the mirror while it appears, and attack any other three. Never attack the mirror clone, as it reflects 100% of dmg.
Use large AoE to channel BF while standing at the limit of his ground circle.
Take care when he dives like a mole and watch his trails while he moves underground : he targets you at the moment of diving. So he will reappear at that spot.
Blind him (Stibnite flask).
Not much to say here. Usually, I go to close range, run around her or whirling-blade through her.
Multiple totems are very useful here, to kill mobs as soon as they exit their cage. You can go at the center of arena and raise three totems around you while you attack all around.
Dodge his big explosions. Run away and while he concentrates, kill the small phoenixes.
When he cyclones towards you, dodge sideways and start channeling while he finishes his movement.
Use WB to move through him and attack with BF while he turns around.
This build was designed to assasinate the Shaper.
* His attacks are very telegraphed. He even announces them with catchphrases : for instance, he says : « Gaze into the abyss » before his beam. Because when you are the master of the Atlas of Worlds, you might as well quote Nietzsche when you launch a kamehameha ! He channels his beam for 3 sec so that's when you want to go full BF.
* Learn the rhythm of his warp and slam (« Behold my misery »). He warps for one second and a half, then reappears where you are. Move at this moment.
* Use multiple totems to kill the mobs during the portal phase (« The power from the void »), while you explode the cold balls at the edges of the arena.
* Be cautious at the end of his purple rain (« Ultimate chaos ») when you exit Zana's bubble, the remaining projectiles can still kill you.
* The third phase is harder, because of the clone.
"Even as we rise, the shadows of failure continues to haunt us"
* Setup used in my first deathless fight : https://pastebin.com/WEzuU7dW
* Video deathless
* In this fight, your main enemy is the Shaper. Elder is more of a nuisance. So this fight should be called the Uber Shaper, as the latter is still the most dangerous antagonist.
* This fight is really hard for any melee build. You will have to learn it the hard way. I have failed maybe 10 times before my first victory.
* Stats and stuff :
- 5500k life, bare minimum
* You must do two things at the same time : attacking one boss while keeping an eye on the other, and on the squids... When you attack, consider you have less than 2 sec before being hit by an icy projectile.
* In this fight, what has saved my life more often that not is counter-intuitive : slow down. For instance, do not use Whirling Blades too much. Most of the time, just walk to dodge : that is why I prefer 30% movespeed boots to the Kaom's Roots. When Elder is siphoning and slows you down, do not panick : just walk. Use WB only for emergency, otherwise you won't control your character and get killed by a projectile.
We can reach very high DPS, so don't hurry. Take your time to explode the cold balls on the edge of the arena. Same for big squids. Otherwise, the ground with be splattered with cold and phys DoT, which makes the end of the fight a nightmare.
* Getting stuck in a corner of the map is guaranteed death within seconds. You must remain in control of your freedom of movement. That is why you need to stay around the center most of the time, and so you need to keep the map clean.
* Try to move in circles in the upper side of the map. During portal phases, use your multiple totems + Vaal Warchief. Same during Elder invuln phase : use your totems, run around to avoid his icy proj.
* Now, clench your teeth and blast those bastards. I am myself a decent player but certainly not a virtuoso. But I am stubborn. That is the way of Wraeclast, I guess :
Improvise. Adapt. Overcome, always.
- Kurgal, the Blackblooded : His green beam does high physical degen. In the second phase, watch out for his deadly lasers. Use the totems all the time while you dodge and also during the mob phase.
- Ahuatotli, the Blind : When he launches his deadly blood attacks, run behind a pyramid on the corner.
- Aul, the Crystal King : Probably the most difficult boss of the game. He has a ton of HP and hits like a truck.
* Learning the shield charge phase is the most difficult part. If a clone hits one of the cocoon, then Aul will unleash is cold beam phase, which is very hard to survive. So you want to attract the clones between the cocoons and then avoid to walk on the cold degen ground they leave.
* If you have the deadly "100% inc AoE" mod, then you must be ready to sacrifice at least one quarter of the arena.
- Drox : Just be sure to destroy his banners and watch out for his big fist of Justice.
- Al-Hezmin : Shakari Pantheon for poison immunity. Do not walk into the pool at the center while it's filled (chaos degen).
- Veritania : Nothing special to say here, her attacks are well telegraphed.
- Baran : Take your time to find a good spot between his debuff runes and burst him.
* /!\ A corrupted jewel with "Corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" is mandatory to (have a chance to) survive his beams.
* These beams inflict an ailment : bleeding, shock, chill or ignite.
* First three phases are easy. Dodge when he shouts "Die !" and watch out his projection, which launches meteors.
* Whirling Blades through him to espace his corridor.
* To escape his maze, look for the flares that indicate the way. Just like emergency exits on a plane !
* Take your time to dodge his attacks between phases. Then, walk under his throne to begin a new phase.
* In the 4th phase, the most important thing is to never lose sight of him. Quickly spot him among his clones.
Video of the fight, with visual help for the memory game.
- "I die too much. What can I do ?" A guide to survival in Wraeclast.
- A guide for the 10 acts
My followers have said it !
"I somehow picked this one, and no regret at all! Great build overall im having a great time!"
"To hell these meta archers\necros\miners. The melee is where the real fun and action you kind find. For a casual player with work\family the details provided in your guide are super important as they save me time for researching. Thank you very much man ^__^"
"I am new to the game and your build has helped me so much with learning the game."
"This guide just keeps on delivering."
" The impaler, poison, evasion, elusive, shadow cat blade flurry is the best of the assassins in the creed. Altair would be proud."
"Hello, just wanted to thank you for this guide, it is really complete. I started the league with this and it's a lot of fun."
"Thank you very much for this guide. This is my first playing and it really saved me."
"Its my first time using someone's build (im kinda new to poe)
and it is very well written and really nice that you update the build regularly. so even a noob like myself understands it."
"LvL80 able to clear tier 11 maps. best build i played."
"Big fan of this build.lots of strategies to employ during combat."
"It may or may not be a 'top tier meta' build, but it has made me enjoy playing my first league of POE immensely. It feels very much much like an Assassin, and I wouldn't have it any other way."
"Hey man! I just started this game around a month ago, and I've been hooked ever since. Your blade flurry assassin build is actually what made me enjoy this game so much."
"I'm really enjoying this build in 3.8. The added phasing and elusiveness makes for a great playstyle"
"It is tons of fun and one of the few builds I have played that feels like the theme it matches."
"Awesome build my guy, I love the layered mechanics."
"Looks great and investments required not so bad as for usual OP builds."
Well, i guess that's it :) I recommend this build if you need a good rush of adrenaline !
If you have any question or criticism, feel free to ask. Thx to all those who asked me questions and helped me improve this build.
Creator of the Nightblade Assassin build.
Last edited by rahsaan on Oct 18, 2021, 2:40:38 PM
Last bumped on Oct 18, 2021, 2:26:01 PM
on Dec 23, 2018, 3:06:09 PM
Who to help there? Oak, Alira or that one dude? And what Ascendancy skills? POB Pastebin doesn't work for me.
Last edited by iFizu on Feb 10, 2019, 11:40:15 AM
on Feb 10, 2019, 11:38:50 AM
/!\ In this message, I'm storing all kinds of old pieces of the first msg, whose infos may be outdated and irrelevant. It is just my personal stash of texts ;)
For reliable infos, refer only to the first msg.
* Impale version from 3.7 Legion.
Max Impale, Pride, Flesh & Stone + Maim, Rage, Berserk
Level 94 in Std.
* Mind Over Matter version, a tankier setup from 3.9 Metamorph.
Note : If you don't like MoM, you can use the same tree, just remove the Keystone.
Leech can be improved with the Gladiator's Perseverance cluster : up to 20% inc recovery/sec from life leech. You'll leech the same amount but x1.2 faster.
When blinded, an creature has its chance to hit halved -see Blind. With the Sand Stance from Flesh & Stone, all nearby enemies (in melee range) are blinded, meaning we get a lot more chances to evade their attacks.
> My current Evasion rating is ~10k. I have normally 34% chance to Evade. If the enemy is blinded, it goes up to 67% (PoB numbers).
Note that spells do not have an accuracy rating, so you cannot evade spells.
More expensive option : Asenath's Gentle Touch gloves. Enemies near curses corpses are blinded.
Reduced dmg taken
* On the skill tree, two notable nodes :
Crystal Skin, for 5% reduced elemental dmg taken.
Silent Steps : 5% reduced dmg taken from blinded enemies (and remember, with Sand Stance, we can blind all nearby enemies).
So, if a blinded enemy does elem dmg to us, we will take only 100-5-5 = 90% of his dmg.
If we have Fortify atm, only 90*0.8 = 72.
If there are two rares or more, 80*0.8 = 64
If we have the Harbinger of Focus buff at this moment, 64*0.8 = 51%
Note that you have to choose whether you want more defense or more DPS. For the moment, I don't use Silent Steps nor Opportunistic.
Additional sources of damage reductions include :
* The Berserk buff : 19% less dmg taken from all sources
* Immortal Call buff against phys dmg
* Ruby, Sapphire and Topaz flasks against fire, cold and lightning dmg respectively
* The Wise Oak flask.
The combination of all these reductions allows us some mistakes in dangerous situations.
Also a lesser-known but powerful defense. And there are neither any possible maluses against it in maps.
With Silent Steps cluster, 100% to avoid blind = immune.
With Unpredictable Offensive cluster, 40% to avoid stun while channelling.
Heart of Oak notable : 20% to avoid stun.
With Crystal Skin cluster, 20% to avoid elem ailment. + % to avoid other ailments and dmg.
(Optionnally, another 8% to avoid elem ailment with Thick Skin).
While Cat's Stealth is active, 15% to avoid all dmg from hits !
With the annointed passive Aspect of Stone, 20% to avoid phys dmg from hits.
Oil recipe : Violet - Golden - Golden
Expensive but worth it.
Impale more than doubles our phys dmg.
Impale lasts for 5 hits and deals 10% of hit dmg to the enemy.
* On average, an enemy has 5*(% chance to impale) impales on him.
* Each Impale on enemy deals 10% more phys damage.
So, Impale gives us : (10*5*impale chance)% more phys dmg.
If we just have 20% chance to impale, we get : 10*5*0.2 = 10% more phys dmg.
So let's get 100% chance to impale and increase its effect to the max.
Impale chance :
40% with Impale support
20% with Dread Banner
5+15+5+15 = 40% on the tree
(it's actually 102% with 22% in banner 20%q)
Inc effect of Impale :
59% with Impale support 20/20
21% with Dread Banner 20/20 (19% + 10% of 19% = 21%).
30% on the skill tree
Now, each Impale stacks 10*(1+110%) = 21% of phys dmg.
Then it goes like this :
Hit 1 : 100% dmg, impales for 21%
Hit 2 : 121% dmg, impales
Hit 3 : 142
Hit 4 : 163
Hit 5 : 184
Hit 6 : 205. You've lost impale from hit 1 and gained impale from hit 5.
Hit 7 : 205
Hit 8 : 205
> On reaching the 6th hit, we have gained 105% more phys dmg = more than double. This takes less than a second and it corresponds to the 6th stack of our BF.
Ofc, that is a theoretical number, since you will kill mobs with less than 6 hits.
Check this thread on Reddit : « Asymptotic Impale Damage with Varying Levels of Investment » (someone's got to do a PhD on that subject !)
« Impale doesn't help you at all when you're one-shotting enemies. To make this clearer, if it only takes 10 hits to kill a target, then only half of those hits fully utilized impale. If it takes 100 hits to kill a target, then 95% of those hits fully utilized impale. For this reason, impale is definitely more suited towards helping you on your single target damage, and you'll see more benefit on a fast-hitting build like Blade Flurry ».
To further improve Impale, you can get a Watcher's Eye with this mod : "Impale you inflict lasts 2 additionnal hits while using Pride". This is totally broken, since on the 8th hit, we get 247% = 147% more phys dmg !
(If my calculations are right, Dread banner enchant is not worth it over the BF enchant, even with the Pride/impale jewel.)
More DPS and less dmg taken with Berserk.
We can stack up to 50 Rages, at a maximum rate of 1 every 0.4sec = 2.5/sec. So we need to grind for 20sec to reach the max.
We need the Rage support in the BF setup.
* At 0 Rage, we have ~33% less DPS than with Melee phys dmg.
* At 50, we still have 5% less, but we attack and move faster.
Now we add the Berserk skill gem, no support needed (I've put in a unset ring). When we activate it, it will quickly consume our Rages, at an increasing rate the less stacks you have. Even if you continue to gain stacks meanwhile, do not expect it to last more than 6 sec.
But then, the berserk boost gives us more atk speed and more dmg for an impressive total of 40% more dmg.
Is it worth using Rage instead of Melee phys dmg ? Yes, but only with Berserk activated.
Now, does this increase the fun factor ? Definitely.
Also, when we go Berserk, we get more movement speed and up to 19% less dmg taken, which are fairly huge bonuses. And unexpected ones, since no one would expect more defenses from something called « Berserk » ! It's the equivalent of a Fortify buff.
You can use it against bosses of course. But you can also trigger it for emergency dmg reduction + dmg burst, even if you do not have max Rage. Hello, Infiltration Syndicate members just coming out of your portal, I will now tank your attack !
* Watcher's Eye : Pride / Precision
The new 3.7 mods for Precision and Pride auras are broken.
* For a Pride Watcher's Eye, best mod is by far +2 hits for Impale. It's up to 42% more damage (see section 4 for more details). Worth at least 35ex in std.
Then, by decreasing order :
* (8-12)% chance to deal double damage
* +(40-60%) inc attack phys dmg
* Intimidate on hit
* +25% chance to impale : not worth your money IMO. Best to take Swift Skewering and/or Forceful Skewering on the tree, for the impale chance and inc impale effect.
* For Precision, best one is "+30-50% crit multi" (~ 10% more dmg).
Then "+40-60% inc atk dmg" or "10-15% inc atk speed" are roughly equivalent.
Now, if you're like me and you suck at using flasks, and you double spam each flask in the hope you might get double effect, you can try "gain a flask charge when you crit", since it gives you practically infinite charges. Now, you can play the flask piano all maps long, oh yeah !
* You can switch between Sand and Blood stances using any of the two skills, Blood Stance or Flesh & Stone.
* In PoB, go to Pride skill. You can swap between "initial effect" and "maximum effect".
* You can get lot of accuracy and crit bonuses from the new Precision aura. While levelling, you can get Precision lvl 22 with the Hyrri's Truth amulet. Or without the amulet, take it and keep it at level 1 : it reserves 22 flat mana and gives 40% inc crit chance.
* You can add Maim support to F&S. In Blood stance, maimed enemies will take 16+14=30% inc phys dmg, ~6% more dmg. Mana reserved *1.15. Totally worth it IMO, if you have enough mana and slots.
Blade Flurry variants
Base setup is always : Blade Flurry + Impale + Vile Toxins + Infused Channelling
* Max DPS for bossing : Rage or Melee phys dmg + Energy Leech.
* Max AoE for farming : + Pulverise + Increased Area of Effect
You can also swap Vile Toxins for Faster Attacks, and prefer Fortify to Pulverise.
Example PoB links :
* Level 28, when you get BF.
* Level 55 : up to 90k DPS with Belly 4-link.
* Level 72 : up to 500k DPS with Belly 5-link.
* Level 84, up to 1.2M DPS with Bino, Unshattered Will shield and Tabula Rasa.
* Level 91, two 320k daggers, 2.7M DPS, up to 4.6M with flasks.
* Level 91, Hardcore, 6,3k life, 1M DPS, 1.5M with flasks.
Here is a simulation for level 55 : https://pastebin.com/Vt0kTekR
2.4k life, up to 90k DPS.
Items and prices :
I have included only unique items for suggestions. Ofc, feel free to adapt to your needs and budget.
Daggers : 2 Widowmakers. 2*1alch.
Helmet : Lightpoacher. 1c
Abyss jewel : 5c
Body : 4L Belly of the Beast. 10c or less if you craft.
Gloves : Tombfist. 5c or less if you craft.
Abyss jewel : 5c
Boots : Three-step Assault. 1 alch.
Amulet : Ungil's Harmony, 1alch. Marylene's Fallacy, 1alch. Carnage Heart 10c.
Ring : Blackheart 1alch. Death Rush 2c. Voidheart 10c.
Belt : A rare Stygian Vise with life and 2 res : 1c
Abyss jewel : 5c
Jewels : Viridian jewels with life and dmg mod : 2*5c
Here is a simulation with PoB for level 72 : https://pastebin.com/yKf4Rumm
3500 life, 500k DPS with flasks. And I haven't accounted for the Impale effect, which would be 11% more phys dmg.
Level 84 : With Bino, Unshattered Will shield and Tabula Rasa. Up to 1.2M DPS.
This is a budget version for midgame content (act 8 up to Atlas tier 12, IMO).
I think that for ~1ex, you can start a nice version of this build.
Daggers : Two Bino's Kitchen Butcher Knives. They come from 1 alch to 30c. Good DPS, poison enemy and gives life regen when you kill a poisoned enemy. A amazing boost to survivability. But eventually, you'll find they are too slow : only 1.4 APS is a huge limitation to our DPS. Lvl 66.
For more survivability, use a shield. Unshattered Will is an excellent and often overlooked shield. Every 8sec, gives you stun and ailment immunity for 4sec, meaning you are protected half of the time. + inc Channelling skill dmg, life, elem resis. What else to ask ? Lvl 68.
They come from 30c on poe.trade.
Helmet : Starkonja : 2c. Dex, speed, life, crit chance, eva. Requires level 60.
Body Armour : Belly of the Beast 5-links : 35c. Lvl 46. OR Carcass Jack : 2ex. Lvl 62.
Gloves : Shaper's touch Lvl 66. Buy any for 5c, then 4-link yourself.
Boots : Atziri's Steps : 5c. Buy and 4-link. Life, 30% movespeed, EVA, 16% spell dodge chance. Lvl 66.
Amulet : If you have enough elem res elsewhere, a unique one like :
* Bloodgrip : 1c
* Carnage Heart : 10c
* Warped Timepiece : 10c
A good rare one with life, phys dmg and 2 res : 10c.
For our build, best base is Jade amulet, as the implicit is +20-30 DEX. You can spam blessing orbs to put it to max.
Rings : Good unique ones : https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_unique_rings
* Blackheart : 1c
* Voidheart : 25c
* Le Heup of All : 10c
* Death Rush : 15c
* Mark of the Elder : 15c + a rare Shaped one with life, attack and some res : 20c
A good rare one with life, atk, 2 res : 5c
Belt : Belt of the Deceiver : 1c. Life, res, phys dmg + enemies are intimidated (=they take +10% dmg). Lvl 20.
* A Stygian Vise with life and tri-res, 20c. + Murderous Eye Jewel with 25-30 life and an attack mod : 10c. Lvl 1. Jewel : variable.
+ Some nice jewels : life, aps, phys dmg : 5-10c each.
The daggers I've got are worth 10-15ex each.
You can get a very decent DPS with a less expensive dagger. Example build lvl91 with two 320 daggers : https://pastebin.com/L38Xd1Th
- Dagger is the only very expensive part of this build.
Prices on Poe.trade in Standard.
- Daggers : 2ex for a good 300 pDPS/1.6 APS ; 4-5ex for 350/1,8 ; 15ex+ for 400/1,8. (x2)
- Starkonja : 6c for good rolls in life and DEX. ~4ex with "40% inc BF dmg" enchant.
- Shaper's Touch : 5c. No need for a good roll.
- Loreweave : 50c for a 5-link. Try to get one with 78% max res. For a 6-link, pre v3.6 80% max elem resis : 5-6ex.
- Atziri's step boots : 1c. Try to get one with 16% spell dodge chance. Rare ones with life, elem resis, stun avoid chance : 1-2ex.
- Hyrri's Truth amulet : 20c. A good rare one : 1-2ex.
- Ring with 70 life, phys dmg, DEX and two 25% res : 50c - 1ex. Elder's ring with Poacher's Mark on hit : 50c-2ex.
- Ryslatha's : 25c to 10ex and more, depending on mix/max rolls.
- Jewels with life, phys dmg / crit / aps : 30c-1ex each.
Total : 15ex for endgame viable stuff. 25ex to feel comfortable.
Of course, add some exalted if u buy 20/20% gems.[/spoiler]
Level 91. 6.3 life. 1M DPS, up to 1.5M with flasks.
PoB : https://pastebin.com/Hf4CS5Vp
- Belly of the Beast. Warlord's Mark on the ring.
- Fortify on BF setup.
- High uncapped res with jewels, for Elem Weakness maps.
- Basalt flask
- Acrobatics + Phase Acrobatics on skill tree[/spoiler]
Creator of the Nightblade Assassin build.
Last edited by rahsaan on Jan 14, 2021, 5:42:13 AM
on Mar 29, 2019, 11:59:37 AM
I've added lot of information about gearing, Ascendancy, Pantheon, gems + a budget version.
Hope it helps !
Learn to use Blade Flurry. Click >
More ! >
RELEASE ! CLICK >>
Now you've learnt how to BF !
Now do it again, FASTER !
Creator of the Nightblade Assassin build.
Last edited by rahsaan on Nov 6, 2019, 5:27:29 PM
on Mar 30, 2019, 5:22:52 PM
How can i see the skill tree? Want to try it
on Apr 2, 2019, 5:26:27 PM
You can use the PoB link : https://pastebin.com/8c2LtUsx
(I've just updated it)
Or this URL : poeurl.com/cl9d
I've just discovered this amulet :
This is pure GOLD for this build !
+55 DEX, +15-27 phys dmg, +27% crit multi, +1000 accuracy, +85% crit chance !!!
Price : 1-2ex
I'm adding it to the build.
Creator of the Nightblade Assassin build.
Last edited by rahsaan on Apr 3, 2019, 4:28:50 PM
on Apr 3, 2019, 8:48:44 AM
Last edited by prokent on Apr 4, 2019, 1:44:57 AM
on Apr 4, 2019, 1:31:57 AM
Does the enchant "Trigger Commandment of Blades on Hit" necessary on gloves?
also all gem levels at 20?
lastly how to use Vaal double strike and Vaal ancestral in a situation?
Last edited by prokent on Apr 4, 2019, 10:08:28 AM
on Apr 4, 2019, 2:21:30 AM
I find this Enchantment very powerful (it throws 3 powerful projectiles that can kill some trash mobs), but it is by no mean required. Tbh, I don't know all enchants, so surely there are other to consider.
Yes, my gems are all 20/20%. My BF gem is even lvl 21, and I corrupted my Maim gem to 23%q.
Vaal Double Strike and Warchief : very useful against swarms of mobs, like Delve encounters, breaches and abysses.
Otherwise, I don't often use them against mobs. I keep them for bosses. Vaal DB will distract boss (a bit), while Warchief will give u a huge boost to DPS.
Last updates :
- Estimated budget
- More detailed build for beginners
- Updated PoB link
- Passive skill tree link
Creator of the Nightblade Assassin build.
Last edited by rahsaan on Apr 4, 2019, 3:11:03 PM
on Apr 4, 2019, 11:57:30 AM
It's my first ever char in this game and i am watching streams and learning so much new things. When i made a new char i red some things and all said to follow some guide if i dont want to ruin my char so i somehow picked this one, and no regret at all! Great build overall im having a great time! My friend is new aswell and he picked elementalist and we are a great team. Please keep up the updates on anything new on the build as i dont understand enough yet to fully go on developing it on my own.
Thank you so much!
on Apr 17, 2019, 8:45:56 AM