[3.7] Old & New School BF Assassin | Video #15 : Uber Elder deathless | Timeless Jewel infos
Need help with your character ? I can check it and give you some advice : first make sure it is public.
Home > My Account > Privacy settings > uncheck the tabs.
#15 : Uber Elder deathless
#1 : T11 Colonnade, boss kill.
#2 : T14 Dark Forest, Abyss.
#3 : T14 Dark Forest, boss killed in under 2 sec.
#4 : T16 Phoenix Guardian.
#5 : "Stay away, Porcupines !" BF with max AoE.
#6 : T15 Core Map, twinned bosses deathless
#7 : T16 Facetanking Minotaur
#8 : Shaper's realm, with Malachai
#9 : The Shaper
#10 : T16 Vaal Temple triple murder -insta kill
#11 : T16 Promenade Map - Goatmen Disco !
#12 : T13 Elder
#13 : T16 Eradicator
#14 : T16 : "Consider the challenge begun !" Rage+Berserk
In 3.7, my dream of a pure phys/chaos dual-dagger Assassin is becoming a reality. Thx GGG for making this possible.
I also want to pay tribute to Mathil for his old BF Assassin. It has been outdated since 3.5, but it was the basis for this build.
TABLE OF CONTENT
3. POISON AND IMPALE
8. LEVELLING AND BUDGET
11. BOSS FIGHTS
Watch your back and fear the shadows in the dark of the night : Assassins will deliver swift and merciless deaths.
PoB lvl 94 : https://pastebin.com/vpVV9FLU
PoE planner : www.poeurl.com/cumx
(/cumx, srsly planner ??)
NEW IN 3.7
- Blade Flurry reworked : added phys dmg, less dmg effectiveness, and last but not least, more AoE : « 29% larger target-acquiring radius while channelling, and 47% larger target-acquiring radius after channelling ends » (patch notes).
Einhar says : « Yeees, Exiles, let's acquire more targets NOW ! mwahahahaha... »
Targets acquired !
- New Auras setup : Dread Banner, Blood and Sand, Flesh and Stone, Pride
It's hard to stress what huge benefits these auras provide.
- With Sand Stance, we blind nearby enemies (replacing the need to use a Stibnite flask) + less dmg taken from other enemies ! + more Aoe/less dmg.
- With Blood Stance, we maim nearby enemies + more dmg/less AoE.
- Pride is the first aura that make enemies take more dmg, not increased.
- Lot of new dagger and channelling nodes on the skill tree. So more versatily and adaptability. Ex : phasing on kill, % get frenzy & endurance charges when hit while channelling, blind, avoid blind etc.
- We can still benefit from poison mechanisms (regen and crit chances) + a HUGE boost to the Impale effect, with a new support + Impale nodes in the Duellist region. We can now get +96% more phys dmg by impaling enemies ! (see section 3 below).
- DPS is skyrocketing to more than 6,5M.
- Timeless jewel : probably Brutal Restraint, for the +DEX. Wind Dancer for farming, could be used efficiently with Kintsugi, I guess. If you do not feel glass-cannon yet, Dance with Death.
* Blade Flurry Assassin.
* Dual-Dagger OR Dagger-Shield
* Physical and chaos damages
* 60% Assassin / 40% Champion, with Poison & Impale effects
* Beginner friendly | Can be done on a budget
* Powerful in endgame with appropriate stuff
* Updating in progress for 3.7 Legion, as new auras, skills and uniques are being revealed.
This build offers :
> Very high DPS against Guardians/Shaper :
* dual-dagger : 3,5M DPS ; 6,5M and more with flasks, Ancestral Protector etc.
* dagger/shield : 2,5M to 5,5M
> 100% hit chance. Up to 95% crit chance.
> Good life pool : 5,8k, 6k+ with Shield
- Fast, versatile and fun build
- Boss killer
- High Evasion thx to new Sand Stance
- All content viable, including Uber Elder
- Cannot do phys reflect maps
- Clearspeed is nice but not super-fast. We are no Winter-Orb MF farmer.
- Quite Expensive for endgame (25ex and more)
- Quite glass-cannon
- Struggles in Delve 300+
Ascendancy : Assassin
I've chosen this Ascendancy for the huge bonuses to crit + stacking poisons, which allows for huge DPS boosts and life regeneration.
I love the glass-cannon style. Kill or get killed.
But in the demo videos, you'll see that with ~6k life, you are actually quite tanky, up until T16.
1) Unstable Infusion
2) Deadly Infusion
3) Noxious Strike
4) Toxic Delivery
Possible variants :
- Trickster, less DPS, more evasion / dodge / ES etc.
- Duelist, for pure phys version. More tanky, no chaos and poison damage.[/spoiler]
Current gearing (worth ~45ex)
The Way of the Assassin
- Mobs packs : Dash through enemies with Whirling Blades (WB) and get the fortify buff. You can jump behind them, or right in the middle of them, blind them with Stibnite flask or Sand Stance, and blast them with Blade Flurry. Channel till release then jump to dodge and attack again. Try to surprise them with impredictable moves. WB is very fast and allows for quick change in your battle tactics.
- Single targets : Dash through them with WB. Now that you're in their back, attack with BF. Most of them are slower than you, so hit as long as you can while they are turning around, then dash again with WB and repeat. The idea is to avoid facetanking them. You are an Assassin, not a Champion, so go for the backstab.
Ideally, you're trying to make a perfect continuous channel : channel, release immediately at 6th stage, then start to channel again.
Jump to their right, blast, jump to their left, blast, jump behind them... It works wonder.
You can go Whirling > Flurry : Dash then blast.
Or you can go Flurry > Whirling : Channel and escape to release. Useful when those big Goatmen from Chimera will jump on you.
A mini-guide to Blade Flurry
I remember back in november 2016 when they announced 2.4, this new skill, Blade Flurry (BF). On the moment I saw it, I knew that was the perfect skill I was waiting for. Fast, deadly, some AoE, increasing dmg while channelling. And the green wave when you release at max stage. So amazing. Kill every nearby mobs.
It has remained my #1 skill ever since.
BF gives you +20% more dmg for each stage, with a total of +100% more when you reach 6th stage, basically doubling your DPS. And some more when you release the wave. That's where all the juice is.
So you gotta learn the perfect channelling, by releasing it the exact moment you see the green aura pop, and then start back to stage 1 immediately. As it depends of your APS (attack per second), you gotta get used to it. Since reaching 6th stage can take somewhere between 2sec and 0,5sec.
If you have 6 APS, it takes exactly 1 sec to reach max stage.
With 3.7, we get nice possible variations to the AoE, ranging between close-combat for bossing, to farming setup with wide area covering the whole screen !
To give you a rough idea : in Sand Stance, with Pulverise support + Inc. AoE, I can hit this living rock from where I am :
See section 4 below, for more details.
In this video, I am having fun with BF set to max AoE, with Sand Stance, Pulverise + Inc. AoE supports. Stay away, Porcupines !
We use Shaper's Touch gloves
And we get as much Dexterity as possible.
Because more Dexterity now means : more Accuracy, more Evasion + more DPS and more life !
So we want to stack Dexterity as much as we can : rings, amulet, Starkonja Helmet.
With 500 DEX, you get :
Melee Phys dmg : + 2%*(500/10) = +100% inc dmg
HP : +(500/4) = + 125 life.
In "real game" numbers, the gloves give me more than+350 life and +450k DPS.
On par with a good legacy 2-abyss Tombfist with good murderous jewels, even if we can't intimidate enemies. And it's much cheaper, btw.
Survival guide 101
Question : I die too much. What can I do, please ?
Just don't die.
Please, just DON'T die.
Just DON'T D... Ok, I'm sorry for being cruel in my answer. But actually this is the game that is cruel with us. PoE is hard. It's really HARD. It's not hard sometimes, it's hard all the time, in every map, every corner of the marketplace, of the plateau, of the crimson temple or any place you'll go.
From red tier maps and even before, the game starts to punish you in every way it can. It punishes you with big packs of Porcupines with Union of Souls mod (you know, the more you kill them, the bigger the others become). It punishes you with Volatile Flameblood in the middle of an abyss rift puking rare monsters that throw those green delayed bombs and those phasing screaming birds that slam you to death with their wings. It then punishes you with a sudden attack from Infiltration Syndicate members that one-shoot you from their portal. And then, it freezes you with Lunaris fanatics that come to attack while you're already under a rain of Plummeting Ursas. It punishes you so hard that you start to hate the game and to hate yourself. So you rage-quit and go to cry in your bedroom, feeling shameful and miserable.
And as an Assassin, what do we have as defenses against all this ?
We are no Trickster to evade and dodge. We are no Juggernaught to tank. We are no Slayer to perma-leech, no Occultist to get 12k ES etc.
So simply said, we have nothing.
When an Assassin is hit, he dies. And that is the build you've chosen to play, as you have made me the honor to read my thread and thought it would be fun.
Welcome in this deep circle of hell known as : the Realm of the Glass-Cannons. Where everything shatters and dies instantly (you first).
I've been there before (and I am still in, actually). Everything is gonna be alright, Exile.
* First, get more life on the skill tree. And then more. And then more on your stuff. And then some more on the skill tree.
As soon as you can, complete the big life cluster west of Scion.
But you think : « oh great, I have changed my nodes and stuff as you said, but now I have lost 25% of my DPS. Thank you SO MUCH, sir. ».
Maybe. But think about it for a second : how many DPS do you do when you're dead ? Exactly zero.
How many do you do when you have to evade a fight ? Well, zero.
So at the end of the day, there is this simple rule : Whoever survives does the most DPS. And the reverse is not true : it's NOT true that whoever does the most DPS survives.
For instance, I have a friend running a 200ex Winter Orb MF build that can clean a t16 in 30 sec, while I'm struggling to do it in under 3mn. Each of his projectiles does 1M dps. And he doesn't have to aim, he can just run with WO doing all the job ; while with Blade Flurry we gotta check constantly we are in range, and suddenly dodge, and then start to channel and then... Now, my friend's char has only 4000 life. So the other day, we went together against Uber Elder, and he just got one-shot three times in a row, while I survived.
Of course, a professionnal streamer can kill Uber Elder with 2500 life. Heck, this guy could even kill it with a level 60 Ranger, who has Tabula Rasa, 1400 life and 4% cold res. Yes, you read that correctly : 4%.
That means any hit from the small squids could insta-kill him. So what does he do ? Well, during three minutes (and you know that's an eternity in this game) he dodges every single hit and finish the fight deathless.
So unless you are this guy, get more life.
* Second advice : the absolute best defense is dodging yourself. Your skill as a player is your primary source of survivability.
With the recent nerf of Immortal Call in 3.7, it is even truer. You cannot rely on your defenses to save you. Because good life pool and solid layers of defenses do not make you invincible. They just allow you to make some slight mistakes from times to times, that's all. That's how GGG wants the game to be : they just give you some defenses for when you will inevitably make a mistake. Even Mathil dies sometimes.
So YOU have to save YOU. So dodge. And I don't mean the dodge mechanics found in Acrobatics. I mean manually dodge. For this, we use the best skill in the game, our beloved Whirling Blades. No other movement skill in the game is better than this one. The other are slower, or have charges, or do not hit so you can't get Fortify etc.
Whirling Blades may not seem much but it is actually pure gold. It is fast, it is precise, it has no charges. It is just awesome. Think about it when you socket it in your equipment. Just ask your Templar of Elementalist friends, if they are not jealous of your WB, when they have only 3 charges of Flame Dash or their delayed Frostblink...
* And third advice, learn the game. Then you will probably realize that 90% of mobs are not a danger to you. Only 10% of them are and you have to know how to face them. Porcupines ? Freeze them and/or dodge behind a wall. Those vaal constructs throwing chaos bullets at you ? Dodge, and dodge and dodge, get behind them and kill them. Yeah ! « Now, THAT was satisfying ! »
And while you do this, try of course to upgrade your stuff, but do no primarily rely on it to help you. You are the one going after the enemies, not your daggers.
If you need more advice about survivability, you can check that excellent build, Hank the Tank, by Captain Warlord. It has everything you need to know about getting lot of armour, buffing Fortify etc. But the main idea I'd retain from his build is : Improvise. Adapt. Overcome. « That's the motto, says Captain Warlord, if you don't have access to specific stats or mechanics, improvise a solution. »
Take my build or his build, or any build, as a guideline you can change at will, to better suit your playstyle. Consider your strengths and weaknesses and know what kind of stuff you need. For instance, I am certainly not an expert at dodging, so I know I need lot of life to tank some damages. I know I can't do endgame safely with less than 6k life. At just 5.9k, I die too often. At 6.2k, I'm quite safe.
And anyway, do not think that the other ascendancies are immortal. Far from it. They have other strengths and other weaknesses. It is true that Assassin is not currently in the meta (in 3.7, Slayer and Trickster are the meta). Nothing has changed for our Ascendancy since 3.2 in march 2018. But that doesn't mean we can't go to the top like the other. It is just that as of june 2019, going dual-dagger Assassin is so hipster, while tomorrow it may be the mainstream.
And believe me, after all this blood, tears and sweat (mainly sweat, I hope!), you will get the best of rewards : having improved your skills and killed this boss you've considered your nemesis, since this first time when you went against him and barely survived for 5 sec. That is why I have devised this BF Assassin build : because it is fast and dangerous, because it is just fun and rewarding.
Besides, do not hesitate to ask me for help in the thread or in pm. I'll be happy to check your character in PoB and give you some advice.
3. POISON AND IMPALE
Poison does not do much damage, but with the Ascendancy, it gives us chaos dmg + it scales life regen and crit chance.
Base duration of poison is 2 sec.
Number of poison/sec = aps * hit chance * poison chance.
With Noxious Strike :
+5% inc duration of poison / poison applied recently (4sec).
+0,1% crit chance for each poison on enemy, up to +2%.
With Toxic Delivery :
Gain 20% phys as extra chaos dmg on poisoned enemies
0,5% life regenerated / poison on enemy killed.
With 9 aps, 100% accuracy and 100% chance to poison, we can stack 9 poison/sec.
18 poisons in 2 sec.
36 poisons applied recently --> +5*36 = +180% inc poison duration. Poisons should now last 2*2.8 = 5,5 sec.
So we should stack even more poisons on enemies. But that's on paper, since you rarely hit for more than 4 sec in a row. And it depends if you are against large pack of mobs or a unique boss. So number may vary a lot.
In PoB, I have taken an average number of 3 sec poison duration, thus indicating 27 poisons on enemies and 36 poisons applied recently.
Impale more than doubles our phys dmg.
Impale lasts for 5 hits and deals 10% of hit dmg to the enemy.
* On average, an enemy has 5*(% chance to impale) impales on him.
* Each Impale on enemy deals 10% more phys damage.
So, Impale gives us : (10*5*impale chance)% more phys dmg.
If we just have 20% chance to impale, we get : 10*5*0.2 = 10% more phys dmg.
So let's get 100% chance to impale and increase its effect to the max.
Impale chance :
40% with Impale support
20% with Dread Banner
5+15+5+15 = 40% on the tree
(it's actually 102% with 22% in banner 20%q)
Inc effect of Impale :
59% with Impale support 20/20
21% with Dread Banner 20/20 (19% + 10% of 19% = 21%).
30% on the skill tree
Now, each Impale stacks 10*(1+110%) = 21% of phys dmg.
Then it goes like this :
Hit 1 : 100% dmg, impales for 21%
Hit 2 : 121% dmg, impales
Hit 3 : 142
Hit 4 : 163
Hit 5 : 184
Hit 6 : 205. You've lost impale from hit 1 and gained impale from hit 5.
Hit 7 : 205
Hit 8 : 205
> On reaching the 6th hit, we have gained 105% more phys dmg = more than double. This takes less than a second and it corresponds to the 6th stack of our BF.
Ofc, that is a theoretical number, since you will kill mobs with less than 6 hits.
Check this thread on Reddit : « Asymptotic Impale Damage with Varying Levels of Investment » (someone's got to do a PhD on that subject !)
« Impale doesn't help you at all when you're one-shotting enemies. To make this clearer, if it only takes 10 hits to kill a target, then only half of those hits fully utilized impale. If it takes 100 hits to kill a target, then 95% of those hits fully utilized impale. For this reason, impale is definitely more suited towards helping you on your single target damage, and you'll see more benefit on a fast-hitting build like Blade Flurry ».
To further improve Impale, you can get a Watcher's Eye with this mod : "Impale you inflict lasts 2 additionnal hits while using Pride". This is totally broken, since on the 8th hit, we get 247% = 147% more phys dmg !
(If my calculations are right, Dread banner enchant is not worth it over the BF enchant, even with the Pride/impale jewel.)
To get 100% chance and 21% per impale, set the tree like this :
- Body Armour, 6L : Blade Flurry + Impale + Vile Toxins + Infused Channelling + Melee phys dmg + Energy Leech
- Helmet, 4L : Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify + Blood Magic.
- Gloves, 4L : Enlighten lvl 3 + Pride + Flesh and Stone + Blood and Sand
- Boots, 4L : Ancestral Protector + Vaal Ancestral Warchief + Multiple Totems support + Lesser Poison/Culling Strike/ Impale...
- Dagger, 2L : low level CwdT + Cold Snap (+ Lightning Golem). Keep the gems low level so that they proc often.
- Shield, 2L : CwDT + Immortal Call, Dread Banner
* You can switch between Sand and Blood stances using any of the two skills, Blood Stance or Flesh & Stone.
* In PoB, go to Pride skill. You can swap between "initial effect" and "maximum effect".
* You can get lot of accuracy and crit bonuses from the new Precision aura. While levelling, you can get Precision lvl 22 with the Hyrri's Truth amulet. Or without the amulet, take it and keep it at level 1 : it reserves 22 flat mana and gives 40% inc crit chance.
* You can add Maim support to F&S. In Blood stance, maimed enemies will take 16+14=30% inc phys dmg, ~6% more dmg. Mana reserved *1.15. Totally worth it IMO, if you have enough mana and slots.
Blade Flurry variants
Base setup is always : Blade Flurry + Impale + Vile Toxins + Infused Channelling
* Max DPS for bossing : + Melee phys dmg + Energy Leech.
* Max AoE for farming : + Pulverise + Increased Area of Effect
You can also swap Vile Toxins for Faster Attacks, and prefer Fortify to Pulverise.
- Weapon : For the daggers, you want : inc phys dmg | adds phys dmg | attack speed 1.8+ | crit chance / crit multi.
- Shield : I use a shield for the very hazardous Delves.
Life, elem resis, attributes, ailment avoir chance, stun avoid chance + inc global phys dmg.
Using a shield makes the build much less expensive, since we don't need to get a second dagger for 10ex or more.
A very good and often underlooked unique : The Unshattered Will. It has life, elem res, inc channelling skill dmg and the Harbinger of Focus : stun and ailment immunities for 4sec every 8sec. Precisely all we need.
Other unique to be considered : the lesser-known Great Old One's Ward : attack speed, phys dmg, life, spell block, but no elem resis.
A good rare one :
- Body Armour : Loreweave 80% max elem resis. The BiS. Note : Since the release of 3.6, Loreweave has been nerfed, with only 78% max elem resis. Still an amazing body armour. Cheaper options include :
- Belly of the Beast : lot more life.
- Carcass Jack : more AoE and AoE dmg + life, elem res
More expensive : a rare body armour with :
* +max life and +% max life
* socketed gems are supported by level 1 maim, for extra DPS
And the icing on the cake :
* socketed attacks have -15 to total mana cost. And then, you can channel BF all day ! And more importantly, you can stack it before the enemies rush on you.
10ex and more
- Helmet : Starkonja with « 40% inc BF dmg » enchant is BIS. Life, DEX, crit chance, Evasion, attack speed, are all what we need.
Of course, if you want to go full YOLO DPS, you can equip a good old Abyssus. Expect 20% more dmg.
- Gloves : Shaper's Touch are a core item for this build. DEX now gives us life and phys dmg. Enchantment is optional and you don't even need a good roll, since it just a matters of some more/less ES and armour.
- Boots : Atziri's Steps for life, spell dodge, lot of EVA +30% movespeed.
More expensive :
35% movespeed is only QoL. I bought them for stun avoid chances. 2ex
- Amulet : Life, res, crit multi, added phys dmg...
Of course, you can find better rares amulets for 1ex and more, like this one :
An Aul's Uprising with DEX, life, flask charges and no mana Hatred :
A physical Impresence for no mana Vulnerability. 1ex
- Rings : Life, phys dmg, crit, DEX, elem resis....
Poacher's Mark on Hit for : frenzy charges, flask charges, accuracy, life gain on hit. A very good all around curse. We don't need Assassin's mark since we already generate power charges on hit with Ascendancy.
- Belt : Best in Slot is Ryslatha's Coil.
Life, life gain on stun and 10-20% more phys dmg.
First, you gain life on stun, which is quite all the time against mobs. You need to deal at least 10% of enemy's life with a hit, and we often kill them in one hit. You can check by putting Endurance charge on melee stun in your attack setup, to see that you stun all the time.
Now, PoB cannot calculate the gain of DPS, so thanks to this build (video, pastebin), here's a way to do it :
Your minimum damage is equal to 40% of your maximum damage.
So on average, you deal (100+40)/2 = 70.
Now, with this particular +33/-37 Ryslatha :
min dmg = 40*(1-0.37) = 40*0.63 = 25
max dmg = 100*1.33 = 133.
So now, on average, you deal : (25+133)/2 = 79
79/70 = 1.12 = 12% more physical dmg.
A perfect +40/-30 Ryslatha would give 20% more.
NB : I'm no Einstein, so if anyone has a better way of calculating, you're welcome.
Base items : Murderous Eye Jewels, Viridian Jewels.
Mods you are looking for, by decreasing order of importance :
- Crit multi
- Attack speed
- Phys dmg = phys dmg with 1h-weapons / daggers, aoe dmg
- Any elem resis and attributes stats you lack
For crit and APS, look for : while dual-wielding / with one-handed weapons / with daggers / if you've killed recently + life, res, attributes...
* Watcher's Eye : Pride / Precision
The new 3.7 mods for Precision and Pride auras are broken.
* For a Pride Watcher's Eye, best mod is by far +2 hits for Impale. It's up to 42% more damage (see section 3 Impale for more details). Worth at least 35ex in std.
Then, by decreasing order :
* (8-12)% chance to deal double damage
* +(40-60%) inc attack phys dmg
* Intimidate on hit
* +25% chance to impale : not worth your money IMO. Best to take Swift Skewering and/or Forceful Skewering on the tree, for the impale chance and inc impale effect.
* For Precision, best one is "+30-50% crit multi" (~ 10% more dmg).
Then "+40-60% inc atk dmg" or "10-15% inc atk speed" are roughly equivalent.
Now, if you're like me and you suck at using flasks, and you double spam each flask in the hope you might get double effect, you can try "gain a flask charge when you crit", since it gives you practically infinite charges. Now, you can play the flask piano all maps long, oh yeah !
Just the usual, depending on your budget.
Other choices :
The Overflowing Chalice = 100% inc charges gained for other flasks.
For the rich, Bottled Faith.
(many veiled mods available)
Also, I'm not using Lion's Roar currently, because it will knockback some enemies out of the BF radius, which I find impractical.
While I'm at it, I want to say I don't like the flask system in PoE. Like most people in this Reddit anger thread, I think this is the worth part of the game. Playing the flask piano 12345 all the time is boring and tedious. Flasks were designed for a time when you'd have much less mobs on maps, so that you could not sustain them 100% of the time.
Now flasks are a part of every build, are always accounted in PoB for DPS calculation. Which IMO should be reworked completely, so that you only use flasks in some situations and in case of emergency.
Most of the time, when I simulate my builds in PoB, I uncheck flasks, because I do not use them all the time while mapping. I want a good DPS even without flasks.
8. LEVELLING AND BUDGET
Example PoB links :
* Level 28, when you get BF.
* Level 55 : up to 90k DPS with Belly 4-link.
* Level 72 : up to 500k DPS with Belly 5-link.
* Level 84, up to 1.2M DPS with Bino, Unshattered Will shield and Tabula Rasa.
* Level 91, two 320k daggers, 2.7M DPS, up to 4.6M with flasks.
* Level 91, Hardcore, 6,3k life, 1M DPS, 1.5M with flasks.
To sustain mana without Poacher's mark or Warlord's Mark, get :
- "#% phys dmg leeched as mana" somewhere on your stuff. 0.4% should be enough.
- "-x total mana cost of skills" on ring or amulet.
- x% reduced mana cost of skills" on a jewel
Uniques : Wurm's Molt belt and Slitherpinch gloves are dirt cheap (1 alch), Praxis ring is 1c.
Here is a simulation for league starting :
It's set at level 28, when you can get Blade Flurry.
> I've put only unique items, just for suggestions. Replace those u want with rares. You will need them to increase your elemental resistances.
Only mandatory unique for starting are the shoes IMO, for the +20% movement speed :
Blade Flurry becomes available at level 28. Before that, you can begin with Frost Blades.
From early on, you can add two auras : Blood and Sand and War Banner, as well as Dash movement skill.
You've got the Goredrill dagger at level 5, for some nice bleeding dmg.
Helmet : the Goldrim from level 1 for good elem resis.
Boots : The Wanderlust, for movement speed and no freeze. Otherwise, the first 3 acts will be too tedious to walk by.
While levelling, you can get Precision lvl 22 with the Hyrri's Truth amulet (lvl 64). Or keep it at level 1 : it reserves 22 flat mana and gives 40% inc crit chance.
Here is a simulation for level 55 : https://pastebin.com/Vt0kTekR
2.4k life, up to 90k DPS.
Items and prices :
I have included only unique items for suggestions. Ofc, feel free to adapt to your needs and budget.
Daggers : 2 Widowmakers. 2*1alch.
Helmet : Lightpoacher. 1c
Abyss jewel : 5c
Body : 4L Belly of the Beast. 10c or less if you craft.
Gloves : Tombfist. 5c or less if you craft.
Abyss jewel : 5c
Boots : Three-step Assault. 1 alch.
Amulet : Ungil's Harmony, 1alch. Marylene's Fallacy, 1alch. Carnage Heart 10c.
Ring : Blackheart 1alch. Death Rush 2c. Voidheart 10c.
Belt : A rare Stygian Vise with life and 2 res : 1c
Abyss jewel : 5c
Jewels : Viridian jewels with life and dmg mod : 2*5c
Here is a simulation with PoB for level 72 : https://pastebin.com/yKf4Rumm
3500 life, 500k DPS with flasks. And I haven't accounted for the Impale effect, which would be 11% more phys dmg.
Level 84 : With Bino, Unshattered Will shield and Tabula Rasa. Up to 1.2M DPS.
This is a budget version for midgame content (act 8 up to Atlas tier 12, IMO).
I think that for ~1ex, you can start a nice version of this build.
Daggers : Two Bino's Kitchen Butcher Knives. They come from 1 alch to 30c. Good DPS, poison enemy and gives life regen when you kill a poisoned enemy. A amazing boost to survivability. But eventually, you'll find they are too slow : only 1.4 APS is a huge limitation to our DPS. Lvl 66.
For more survivability, use a shield. Unshattered Will is an excellent and often overlooked shield. Every 8sec, gives you stun and ailment immunity for 4sec, meaning you are protected half of the time. + inc Channelling skill dmg, life, elem resis. What else to ask ? Lvl 68.
They come from 30c on poe.trade.
Helmet : Starkonja : 2c. Dex, speed, life, crit chance, eva. Requires level 60.
Body Armour : Belly of the Beast 5-links : 35c. Lvl 46. OR Carcass Jack : 2ex. Lvl 62.
Gloves : Shaper's touch Lvl 66. Buy any for 5c, then 4-link yourself.
Boots : Atziri's Steps : 5c. Buy and 4-link. Life, 30% movespeed, EVA, 16% spell dodge chance. Lvl 66.
Amulet : If you have enough elem res elsewhere, a unique one like :
* Bloodgrip : 1c
* Carnage Heart : 10c
* Warped Timepiece : 10c
A good rare one with life, phys dmg and 2 res : 10c.
For our build, best base is Jade amulet, as the implicit is +20-30 DEX. You can spam blessing orbs to put it to max.
Rings : Good unique ones : https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_unique_rings
* Blackheart : 1c
* Voidheart : 25c
* Le Heup of All : 10c
* Death Rush : 15c
* Mark of the Elder : 15c + a rare Shaped one with life, attack and some res : 20c
A good rare one with life, atk, 2 res : 5c
Belt : Belt of the Deceiver : 1c. Life, res, phys dmg + enemies are intimidated (=they take +10% dmg). Lvl 20.
* A Stygian Vise with life and tri-res, 20c. + Murderous Eye Jewel with 25-30 life and an attack mod : 10c. Lvl 1. Jewel : variable.
+ Some nice jewels : life, aps, phys dmg : 5-10c each.
The daggers I've got are worth 10-15ex each. You'd never have to spend that much money to reach the same DPS with a caster.
You can get a very decent DPS with a less expensive dagger. Example build lvl91 with two 320 daggers : https://pastebin.com/L38Xd1Th
- Dagger is the only very expensive part of this build.
Prices on Poe.trade in Standard.
- Daggers : 2ex for a good 300 pDPS/1.6 APS ; 4-5ex for 350/1,8 ; 15ex+ for 400/1,8. (x2)
- Starkonja : 6c for good rolls in life and DEX. ~4ex with "40% inc BF dmg" enchant.
- Shaper's Touch : 5c. No need for a good roll.
- Loreweave : 50c for a 5-link. Try to get one with 78% max res. For a 6-link, pre v3.6 80% max elem resis : 5-6ex.
- Atziri's step boots : 1c. Try to get one with 16% spell dodge chance. Rare ones with life, elem resis, stun avoid chance : 1-2ex.
- Hyrri's Truth amulet : 20c. A good rare one : 1-2ex.
- Ring with 70 life, phys dmg, DEX and two 25% res : 50c - 1ex. Elder's ring with Poacher's Mark on hit : 50c-2ex.
- Ryslatha's : 25c to 10ex and more, depending on mix/max rolls.
- Jewels with life, phys dmg / crit / aps : 30c-1ex each.
Total : 15ex for endgame viable stuff. 25ex to feel comfortable.
Of course, add some exalted if u buy 20/20% gems.
Level 91. 6.3 life. 1M DPS, up to 1.5M with flasks.
PoB : https://pastebin.com/Hf4CS5Vp
- Belly of the Beast. Warlord's Mark on the ring.
- Fortify on BF setup.
- High uncapped res with jewels, for Elem Weakness maps.
- Basalt flask
- Acrobatics + Phase Acrobatics on skill tree
Jeff Bezos is playing this build budget
Estimated prices given in standard league.
- Synthetised body armour with "10% chance to gain a frenzy charge on hit" as implicit. 20ex for a white one, 80ex and up to a Mirror for a 6-link rare.
- Precursor's Emblem ring with "10% chance to gain a frenzy charge on hit". >100ex
- Legacy Atziri's Acuity gloves for "Life and Mana Leech from Critical Strikes are instant" mod : >120ex
- Bottled Faith flask : 30ex.
- Pride/Impale Watcher's Eye : 35ex or more. That's up to 40% more phys dmg.
* Bandits : Alira. She gives crit multi, mana regen (we reserve up to 95% of it) and elem res, which are always troublesome to cap.
* Pantheon : No mandatory choice for this build.
Usually, I use Arakaali for inc life and ES regen, Tukohama for phys dmg reduc and life regen while stationary channelling BF.
* Enchantments :
- Helmet : 40% increased Blade Flurry Damage.
- Gloves : Commandment of Blades
- Boots : 16% attack and cast speed if you've killed recently OR Regenerate 2% life and mana per second if you've been hit recently. Not that in PoB I got a lesser enchantment, still need to re-do Uber lab to get one of the best.
On the weapon, we need :
- Inc phys dmg
- Adds phys dmg
- Attack speed
- Crit chance
- "Hits can't be evaded" is not required anymore, since we easily get 100% hit chance.
Thx to Cane_Cane for his advice on crafting : « I alt spammed until I got flaring mod, then regal, annulled the regaled mod to leave only atk speed and +phys dmg, then multi mod. Crafting the mods costs 7ex, but it’s deterministic. »
11. BOSS FIGHTS
Malachai, The Nightmare
He can kill you instantly when he reappears from underground, so stay away from him at this moment. And watch your steps : while his tentacles attack can be avoided easily, the red spots on the grounds are often deadly.
You may want to use large AoE to channel BF while standing at the limit of his ground circle.
Take care when he dives like a mole and watch his trails while he moves underground.
Very important : blind him (Sand Stance or Stibnite flask).
Not much to say here. Usually, I go to close range, run around her or whirling-blade through her.
Mutiple totems are very useful here, to kill mobs as soon as they exit their cage. Or you can go at the center of arena and raise three totems around you while you attack all around. Use Sand Stance to channel while at the limit of her red circle.
Dodge his big explosions. Run away and while he concentrates, kill the small phoenixes.
When he cyclones towards you, dodge sideways and start channelling while he finishes his movement.
Use WB to move through him and attack with BF while he turns around.
This build was designed to assasinate the Shaper.
* You need to learn his attacks, which are very telegraphed. He even announces them with catchphrases : for instance, he says : « Gaze into the abyss » before his beam. Because when you are the master of the Atlas of Worlds, you might as well quote Nietzsche when you launch a kamehameha. He channels his beam for 3 sec so that's when you want to go full BF.
* Learn the rhythm of his warp and slam (« Behold my misery »). He warps for one second and a half, then reappears where you are. So move a lot at this moment.
* Use multiple totems to kill the mobs during the portal phase (« The power from the void »), while you check the cold balls. Explode them of the maps corners.
* Be cautious at the end of his purple rain (« Ultimate chaos ») when you exit Zana's bubble, one of the projectile can still kill you.
* The third phase is harder, because of the clone. But it's just a hint to how difficult Uber Elder fight will be.
"Even as we rise, the shadows of failure continues to haunt us"
* Setup used in my first deathless fight : https://pastebin.com/WEzuU7dW
* Video deathless
* This fight is really hard for any melee build. You will have to learn it the hard way. I have failed maybe 10 times before my first victory. I am still not sure to win next time and when I do, it's often on the last portal.
* Stats and stuff :
- 6000k life, bare minimum
- Raise your max cold res above 75% with Loreweave or with skill tree : Soul of Steel and Bloodless.
- Fortify in the BF setup.
- It's hard to stun the bosses and curses are 66% less effective against them. So instead of Ryslatha belt and Poacher ring, we can use :
Cyclopean Coil for freeze immunity + more life.
Winterweave ring to make you actually faster when chilled.
More straightforward option : use the Kaom's Roots.
Pantheon : Brine King to avoid stun-locks.
* You must do two things at the same time : attacking one boss while keeping an eye on the other, and on the squids... When you attack, consider you have less than 2 sec before being hit by an icy projectile.
* In this fight, what has saved my life more often that not is counter-intuitive : slow down. For instance, do not use Whirling Blades too much. Most of the time, just walk to dodge : that is why I prefer my 30% movespeed boots to the Kaom's Roots. When Elder is siphoning and slows you down, do not panick : just walk. Use WB only for emergency, not all the time, otherwise you won't control your char and get killed by any projectile.
We can reach very high DPS, so don't hurry. You can kill them fast. But so do they. Take your time to explode the cold balls on the edge of maps. Same for big squids. Otherwise, the ground with be splattered with cold and phys DoT, which makes the end of the fight impossible.
* Getting stuck in a corner of the map is guaranteed death within seconds. You must remain in control of your freedom of movement. That is why you need to stay around the center most of the time, and so you need to keep the map clean.
* Try to move in circles in the upper side of the map. During portal phases, use your multiple totems and dodge meanwhile.
* Now, clench your teeth and blast those bastards. I am myself a decent player but certainly not a virtuoso like Mathil. But I am stubborn. That is the way of Wraeclast, I guess :
Improvise. Adapt. Overcome, always.
PoE planner : www.poeurl.com/cumx
PoB level 94 : https://pastebin.com/vpVV9FLU
* Note that Impale effects are still not supported in PoB. I have manually added the bonus from Impale on the life flask. See "section 3" above for impale calculations.
* Several variations are included for BF.
* On the belt, there is the "13% more dmg" for the Ryslatha. See "5. Detailed gearing" for calculations.
* In the items setup, you can find several shields, Cyclopean Coil and Winterweave ring. Hyrri's truth amulet is not useful anymore for endgame, since we already have perfect accuracy and high crit chance.
Well, i guess that's it :) I've had tons of funs with this char over the years, ruining packs, insta-killing bosses, always trying to improve it against every mobs, boss (and GGG nerves !) coming. I recommend this if you need a good rush of adrenaline !
If you have any question or criticism, feel free to comment. Thx to all those who asked me questions and helped me improve this build.
* * *
You can check my other build : The Shimmeron Killer.
Lighnting self-caster Trickster : Storm Burst, Orb of Storms, Storm Brand.
"Here are the thrill seekers, corrupt and immoral..."
Last edited by rahsaan on Jul 16, 2019, 11:44:30 AM
Last bumped on Jul 16, 2019, 7:55:20 PM
on Dec 23, 2018, 3:06:09 PM
Who to help there? Oak, Alira or that one dude? And what Ascendancy skills? POB Pastebin doesn't work for me.
Last edited by iFizu on Feb 10, 2019, 11:40:15 AM
on Feb 10, 2019, 11:38:50 AM
Kill all bandits. Seems to me neither of them is worth 2 passive points for this build.
Ascendancy : Assassin
- Unstable Infusion
- Deadly Infusion
- Ambush and Assassinate
"Here are the thrill seekers, corrupt and immoral..."
Last edited by rahsaan on Mar 29, 2019, 6:07:16 PM
on Mar 29, 2019, 11:59:37 AM
I've added lot of information about gearing, Ascendancy, Pantheon, gems + a budget version.
Hope it helps !
"Here are the thrill seekers, corrupt and immoral..."
on Mar 30, 2019, 5:22:52 PM
How can i see the skill tree? Want to try it
on Apr 2, 2019, 5:26:27 PM
You can use the PoB link : https://pastebin.com/8c2LtUsx
(I've just updated it)
Or this URL : poeurl.com/cl9d
I've just discovered this amulet :
This is pure GOLD for this build !
+55 DEX, +15-27 phys dmg, +27% crit multi, +1000 accuracy, +85% crit chance !!!
Price : 1-2ex
I'm adding it to the build.
"Here are the thrill seekers, corrupt and immoral..."
Last edited by rahsaan on Apr 3, 2019, 4:28:50 PM
on Apr 3, 2019, 8:48:44 AM
Last edited by prokent on Apr 4, 2019, 1:44:57 AM
on Apr 4, 2019, 1:31:57 AM
Does the enchant "Trigger Commandment of Blades on Hit" necessary on gloves?
also all gem levels at 20?
lastly how to use Vaal double strike and Vaal ancestral in a situation?
Last edited by prokent on Apr 4, 2019, 10:08:28 AM
on Apr 4, 2019, 2:21:30 AM
I find this Enchantment very powerful (it throws 3 powerful projectiles that can kill some trash mobs), but it is by no mean required. Tbh, I don't know all enchants, so surely there are other to consider.
Yes, my gems are all 20/20%. My BF gem is even lvl 21, and I corrupted my Maim gem to 23%q.
Vaal Double Strike and Warchief : very useful against swarms of mobs, like Delve encounters, breaches and abysses.
Otherwise, I don't often use them against mobs. I keep them for bosses. Vaal DB will distract boss (a bit), while Warchief will give u a huge boost to DPS.
Last updates :
- Estimated budget
- More detailed build for beginners
- Updated PoB link
- Passive skill tree link
"Here are the thrill seekers, corrupt and immoral..."
Last edited by rahsaan on Apr 4, 2019, 3:11:03 PM
on Apr 4, 2019, 11:57:30 AM
It's my first ever char in this game and i am watching streams and learning so much new things. When i made a new char i red some things and all said to follow some guide if i dont want to ruin my char so i somehow picked this one, and no regret at all! Great build overall im having a great time! My friend is new aswell and he picked elementalist and we are a great team. Please keep up the updates on anything new on the build as i dont understand enough yet to fully go on developing it on my own.
Thank you so much!
on Apr 17, 2019, 8:45:56 AM