[3.24] 🗡The Nightblade🗡 Unholy Might : 100% phys converted to chaos

Thx a lot for your help !

First, I'm gonna get my hands on a "hits can't be evaded" weapon like yours.
With a dagger, I could reach 100% crit chance.
I've made a quick simulation in PoB. With a shield, I can reach 1,9M DPS, and 2,5M with two daggers. Some more with one or two swords.
Did you craft those weapons yourself ? Because otherwise, they must cost at least 30ex each, no ?
I'll see what I can do with the crafting bench.
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on May 24, 2019, 6:38:23 AM
"
rahsaan wrote:
"
Foxicv wrote:
Is there a skill that I could switch to without to much hassle and change of Skill-Tree?

What skill are you using at the moment ? You don't want to use Blade Flurry ?
Is it for one of your Gladiators in standard league ?

Its this build in this league. Blade Flurry got boring for me and having to relevel another character is not necessarily too much of a hassle but still boring.
"
rahsaan wrote:
Thx a lot for your help !

First, I'm gonna get my hands on a "hits can't be evaded" weapon like yours.
With a dagger, I could reach 100% crit chance.
I've made a quick simulation in PoB. With a shield, I can reach 1,9M DPS, and 2,5M with two daggers. Some more with one or two swords.
Did you craft those weapons yourself ? Because otherwise, they must cost at least 30ex each, no ?
I'll see what I can do with the crafting bench.

Yess makes sense with those figures now! ;)
Actually you can reach these levels of dps with other skills that are not blade flurry. Especially the ones coming already with elemental conversion like frost blades, molten strike, charged dash etc. That way you don’t have to use Hrimburn gloves for conversion.
I am working on an Ice Crash Champion in flashback that gets to 1M Dps with 50c investment, and i simulated 2.5M dps with endgame gear. Will soon upload a guide.

Those foils were achievable in synthesis because of the locked in atk speed. The bases cost me like 30c in the beginning when nobody was playing melee.
I alt spammed until I got flaring mod, then regal, annulled the regaled mod to leave only atk speed and +phys dmg, then multi mod. Crafting the mods costs 7ex, but it’s deterministic.
Equivalent weapons out of synthesis would most likely going for a lot more currency indeed.
"
Foxicv wrote:
"
rahsaan wrote:
"
Foxicv wrote:
Is there a skill that I could switch to without to much hassle and change of Skill-Tree?

Its this build in this league. Blade Flurry got boring for me and having to relevel another character is not necessarily too much of a hassle but still boring.

You can use Reave or Lacerate, since they are also melee skills with AoE.

You may want to try the new upcoming skill, Bladestorm.
Plus, we get this new incoming aura, "Blood & Sand" that reserves 10% of mana and gives a Inc AoE / Conc Effect switch.

"
cane_cane wrote:
Actually you can reach these levels of dps with other skills that are not blade flurry. Especially the ones coming already with elemental conversion like frost blades, molten strike, charged dash etc. That way you don’t have to use Hrimburn gloves for conversion.

I'll see what I can do, whether i try to keep a phys/chaos dmg or go full elem conversion.
Thx for the advice on crafting. Indeed, it's easier with fossilised mod.
Also, I'll try to use more utility flasks, as you adviced. Adding a Silver and an Atziri's Promise for a start.
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on May 24, 2019, 7:47:36 AM
"
rahsaan wrote:
"
cane_cane wrote:

I'll see what I can do, whether i try to keep a phys/chaos dmg or go full elem conversion.
Thx for the advice on crafting. Indeed, it's easier with fossilised mod.
Also, I'll try to use more utility flasks, as you adviced. Adding a Silver and an Atziri's Promise for a start.

Nice, gl that! Many things may change anyways with 3.7 so lot more things to be discussed soon :)
"
cane_cane wrote:
Nice, gl that! Many things may change anyways with 3.7 so lot more things to be discussed soon :)

Ok, so based on your advice, I am now using Hatred instead of HoPurity and HoAgony. DPS is better and it's more confortable for farming.

I have also tried Charged Dash against Shaper. DPS is nice, but BF kills him much faster. Same with big rares like Einhar's beasts. I don't really understand why, tbh, considering the calculations you give in your build (x2,5 DPS at max distance) and the fact that DPS are similar in PoB between BF and CD.

But i should train more with CD. Actually, the enemy takes the most damage when it is in the middle of the skill. With no movement skill on boots and faster attacks, I can reach 10 stacks of CD, so it should be a much higher DPS than BF when releasing. Since last hit deals 0.75 of damage per stage, so that should be 7,5 more.
Also, CD is real good fun to play :)
Last edited by rahsaan on May 28, 2019, 5:11:06 PM
"
rahsaan wrote:
"
cane_cane wrote:

Ok, so based on your advice, I am now using Hatred instead of HoPurity and HoAgony. DPS is better and it's more confortable for farming.

I have also tried Charged Dash against Shaper. DPS is nice, but BF kills him much faster. Same with big rares like Einhar's beasts. I don't really understand why, tbh, considering the calculations you give in your build (x2,5 DPS at max distance) and the fact that DPS are similar in PoB between BF and CD.

But i should train more with CD. Actually, the enemy takes the most damage when it is in the middle of the skill. With no movement skill on boots and faster attacks, I can reach 10 stacks of CD, so it should be a much higher DPS than BF when releasing. Since last hit deals 0.75 of damage per stage, so that should be 7,5 more.
Also, CD is real good fun to play :)

For bosses like shaper that just stand still and are easy to dodge BF is quite ok, but for stuff like uber Eder I value damage uptime a lot more. Also, I really could not keep up power and frenzy charges with BF against bosses.
With CD I found that a big component in being damage efficient is realising when to do the release: you need to do it just in time to get the kill, otherwise you will need to restart channeling, lose the 150% dmg bonus, and often get in range of a melee hit from enemy.

Nevertheless, I agree that dmg wise the value from POB is strange. I believe this comes from the unclear way that charged dash pulse rate is defined. From wiki: “While channeling you will release a pulse for half of your stages. If you reach a maximum at 4 stages it will pulse 2 times in the amount of time it takes you to reach max distance.”
This means that atk speed AND movement speed influence the pulse rate, but POB treats CD atk rate like a normal attack.
Bottom line, don’t rely too much on POB when it comes to Charged Dash.

If we say that at 10 stages it takes about 1-2s (hard to say) to reach the end of the dash, you do 5 pulses per sec (against the 12ish from POB) so the damage would be around 2-4M damage in my case. Compared to my BF damage (from back when I was using the skill) this is quite close, and would explain why you actually don’t kill shaper from 100% life in 2s... but I haven’t really tried that tbh, so It’s really not confirmed that this “no PoB” way of calculating damage is correct... lmk if you check that ;)
It's obvious that CD is much better for Uber Elder.
I've already killed it with my BF, but man was it hard. Standing still for more than 2-sec is a guaranteed death, since I'm no ES Occultist or Jugg to take his attacks.
Mathil has done a CD Voidforge that works pretty well : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLxmsg7JoSs
It's reassuring to see than even he gets killed sometimes... (see 13"50)
Thing is, CD allows you to cross Shaper's beam just like the electric portal in Minotaur.

Now, the upcoming Bladestorm is AoE and instant. So it will allow to move around them while attacking for a quarter of a sec, and blind or maim them. That should be more viable.
Last edited by rahsaan on May 29, 2019, 9:50:14 AM
Watch your back, Exiles, and fear the shadows in the dark of the night : in 3.7, Assassins will deliver even swifter deaths.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2513456

- Added phys dmg on Blade Flurry.
- New Blood and Sand aura to maim and blind.
- Lesser Poison support buffed
- New Pride aura : enemies take more phys dmg.
- Close combat support
- Impale support
- Hit chances up to 100%
- Movement skill, "Dash : Performs a series of quick teleports towards a targeted location. If using the "Attack in Place" option, the direction is reversed."

The new skiltree gives us more nodes for daggers with shitloads of accuracy, crit, speed + poison, blind, leech, phasing...
+ % to gain Frenzy & Endurance charges when hit while channelling !

Can't list all buffs. As soon as PoB is updated, I'll begin reworking the gems setup and skill tree.

Last edited by rahsaan on Jun 5, 2019, 3:35:11 AM
Hello, can you post updated pob link, and give some leveling advice for start league? When start use blade flurry?
I gonna start with this build as league start for legion.
Thanks for this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info