[3.5] Dual wield Mjölner Untethered revived! Shaper+Uber Elder down! (Pathfinder)

"
Sacr0 wrote:
"
zeldinas wrote:
I entirely rerolled my ele crit ranger to this build.
Gotta say: I LOVE IT!

I feel so tanky and still deal tons of damage.
For the first timer ever defeated all uber guardians myself!!

Only thing i struggle with was uber elder. didnt pass the 80% hp mark :p

RIP 3 sets.

Any advise on gear improvements? still got 5 exalts left

get a 3% life regen cinderswallow urn, this provides HUGE amounts of tankiness. overall it's 5% regen (flask effectiveness+life recovery from belt). this is important!

get a jewel with flat added fire dmg to spells so your ball lightning can ignite and you get 14% more dmg through cinderswallow urn. this is important!

get your attack speed up. more attack speed=more procs=more damage.

if you have currency left, get +min frenzy charges on your jewellery. it provides attack speed and 4% more dmg per roll, pretty good.

you can consider swapping out repentance for rare gloves. craft increased dmg during flask effect or increased dmg while leeching on them. get attack speed and high life roll + resists on those rare gloves. they outperform repentance.

get better rolls on your flasks, this is important as pathfinder! you're missing out around 9% more damage cuz you have bad rolls on wise oak and promise.

these tips should improve your damage by around 30% and give better tankiness

a watcher's eye with lightning pen would obviously be a good upgrade too.

and get a boot enchantment :D

*edit* get primal spirit on tree. 20 str, int and flask duration is huge. spec out of ancestral knowledge for this. you have enough int for mjölner and should remove repentance as described above.
Druidid rite is important too. you should spend 2 points for it.

thank you for the elaborate feedback!
I adjusted most of it :D
got a couple of questions though:
- Is attack speed more important than spell damage? Most of my jewels got 15% increasd dmg, but i can opt for increased attack speed jewels if it's better...
- How do u craft the +1 frenzy thingy? Market doesn't offer the required items :/
"
zeldinas wrote:

- How do u craft the +1 frenzy thingy? Market doesn't offer the required items :/

for buy
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Betrayal/D8aE35H5
for craft 1ex
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2271250

recipe for craft can spam on random map as i know
Last edited by Mikav on Jan 4, 2019, 9:34:52 AM
My apologies if this has been asked already...but is there any other skills you can use to proc Mjolner that would be as effective as cyclone?

I dig the build a lot and have been looking for a solid Mjolner build for a while, however I'm not the biggest fan of the cyclone playstyle.
"
cristi92 wrote:
Playing this atm, tried to kill minotaur and i died, can you check my character and tell me what to improve on it? other then that its feels great to play it!

you have terrible/no/bad life rolls on your rare gear. they need to be improved by a lot!
if you have currency, +1 to min frenzy charges is a great thing to craft on amulet/ring. <<< *** How to get frenzy charges ? i dont see any skill gain frenzy ? *** >>>
Anyone tested any other skills that would work as well as Arc/Ball Lightning? Or have these two proved to be the BiS for this build so far?
i think cyclone is the best skill to use.
arc is definitely best in slot. you could try to use an alternative to ball lightning but in my opinion it's the 2. best option after arc.

for the frenzy thing, this has been discussed several times in this thread. +1 to min frenzy charges provides permanent charges without the need to generate some.
"
"
alkarian wrote:
What's better for single target dps?

Also, what do you think about multistrike+dual strike? I find it bit hard to control cyclone on a single target when I have to dodge things (shaper, duh)

fenumus is by far the greatest dps boost for gloves u can get. as cyclone is a movementskill, whats ur problem to dodge with it? keep ur quicksilver flask up all time and u whirl fast as shit :D

Great build boss. ENJOY it so much!

Would you recommend to use fenumus over a high life roll + resist + dmg while leeching + attack speed rare glove?

Thanks!
yeah thats a good idea
Still lovin this build, I think I'm pretty much done gearing except for min maxing some jewels. Just chaining t15/16s and uber elder and having a great time. Last time I played was Abyss and I've never killed Uber before, but this build is letting me learn the fight and I've gone from ripping sets to mostly deathless runs.

I'm doing some silly stuff with a +1 curse impresence, the mana reserved cluster, and a life regain rate during vit / wrath lighting damage watchers eye so that im running Wrath, Conductivity, Vitality, and Aspect of the Avian.

These boots are OP for this build. I bought them for like 6ex and crafted Aspect of the Avian myself. I don't know exactly how my damage scales with movespeed, but it definitely does and after trying a few different setups, I've gone back to these and it's obvious that they are a gamechanger. The movespeed buff on Avian is basically a DPS buff but I don't know exactly how or how much, and then when it isn't up you get the double damage chance, which just pops rares as you zoom by or takes a big chunk of health of bosses.

I have a question still though, say you find an OP chest piece with loads of life to replace Kaom's Heart, what would you six-link in it? Cyclone? Molten Shell? What supports would you use?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info