[3.7] Storm Brand Elementalist. League Starter, Deathless Uber Elder.

"
naimhairix51 wrote:
why im feeling like im lacking damage? so far only t11 sustain its pretty hard

Well the first thing I'd note is you have a level 18 storm brand and lightning spire trap. You can buy a 20/20 failed corrupt for 1 chaos. You can continue leveling your uncorrupted ones in your weapon swap for the chance to vaal later.

Diamond flask doesn't really do anything. Obviously you're getting bleed removal from it, but you could put a defensive flask there.

Atziri's flask is meh for damage. Cinderswallow is much better, and prices have come down a lot on it (~15 chaos). You could run both if you really want.

We discussed finding weapons at length a few pages ago (page 31), but here's a search:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/8R65ynhV

And here's 2 results of that search compared against your weapons in PoB:
Spoiler

There's also a section on finding weapons in the answered question section of the OP.

A 6 or 7 link hat for lightning spire trap would help boss damage a lot. 7-link ones are kinda spendy, but 6-link are dirt cheap:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/LPo9zZTn

The search includes an open prefix, so if you pick one that doesn't already have life on it (or has hybrid life), you could craft life.
For 1 of the weapons i would advice to craft it with +2 to gems (just alteration for +1 to gems, then regall/annul and multicraft), you will waste some dps because of wasted suffix but lvl 13 brand recall will bring a lot of smoothety in gameplay (with cd recovery mods on your boots or belt and/or lvl4 empower it will be possible to make cd less than 1.2 sec).
Last edited by dholly on Mar 25, 2019, 2:56:43 AM
"
"
naimhairix51 wrote:
why im feeling like im lacking damage? so far only t11 sustain its pretty hard

Well the first thing I'd note is you have a level 18 storm brand and lightning spire trap. You can buy a 20/20 failed corrupt for 1 chaos. You can continue leveling your uncorrupted ones in your weapon swap for the chance to vaal later.

Diamond flask doesn't really do anything. Obviously you're getting bleed removal from it, but you could put a defensive flask there.

Atziri's flask is meh for damage. Cinderswallow is much better, and prices have come down a lot on it (~15 chaos). You could run both if you really want.

We discussed finding weapons at length a few pages ago (page 31), but here's a search:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/8R65ynhV

And here's 2 results of that search compared against your weapons in PoB:
Spoiler

There's also a section on finding weapons in the answered question section of the OP.

A 6 or 7 link hat for lightning spire trap would help boss damage a lot. 7-link ones are kinda spendy, but 6-link are dirt cheap:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/LPo9zZTn

The search includes an open prefix, so if you pick one that doesn't already have life on it (or has hybrid life), you could craft life.

tq very much working on it ! <3
Hey,

playing this build since League Start and its pretty amazing. Farming T15/T16 Maps easily and got no probs with Elder, Shaper etc

I was wondering how much a Wand like this would cost to craft:

Profane Wand

- Cast Speed
- Gain xx Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
Can have multiple crafted mods
- Increased Spell Damage
- Adds Lightning Damage to Spells
- Increased Cast Speed
- xx% Chance to Deal Double Damage
- Gain xx% of Non Chaos Damage as Extra Chaos Damage

How can i find ppl to craft me this? Global 820?

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/iSammax/Sammax_Brands?i=2&search=class%3DElementalist%26skill%3DStorm-Brand

iSammax the Master of Storm Brand got a Wands like this

Ty for your help
"
Henk333L wrote:
How can i find ppl to craft me this? Global 820?

No, you're likely to get scammed if you find somebody that way. Look for somebody on the trade forums here. You want somebody with several pages of posts vouching for them, that way you're not likely to get scammed.

As for how much it costs, something like:
  • ~4 ex for the base (ilvl 85 shaper profane wand), jeez that's a lot higher than last league
  • 1-2 ex of alt/regal/annul to get naked T1 ele as chaos
  • 2 ex for multimod
  • 1 ex for cast speed craft
  • 1 ex for spell/non-chaos hybrid craft (up from 4c last league)
  • 1 divine for double damage craft (down from 1 ex last league)
  • 4 c for added lightning damage to spells craft
  • 5-10 divines to get the rolls looking good

Approximate total: ~11 ex.
Thanks for this amazing guide, it's been a smooth sail until high-tier maps.

I've hit a wall at T15+ where bosses/syndicate spawns are one-shotting me from 4.6k hp.
I could possibly respec into jewel slots and bring it up to 5k+, but would that even make a difference?

My gear/tree is public; I'd really appreciate any advice on how to improve my character!
I have ~5ex to spend.
"
kilo_waro wrote:
Thanks for this amazing guide, it's been a smooth sail until high-tier maps.

I've hit a wall at T15+ where bosses/syndicate spawns are one-shotting me from 4.6k hp.
I could possibly respec into jewel slots and bring it up to 5k+, but would that even make a difference?

My gear/tree is public; I'd really appreciate any advice on how to improve my character!
I have ~5ex to spend.

You have 4611 life and 1848 mana (you're not reserving mana right, seen some people make that mistake before), for a total of 6459 hitpoints.

The most obvious way to improve that at no cost is to ditch AoE nodes. Without inpulsa the AoE nodes are of extremely limited usefulness. Some other changes as well to pick up a jewel socket:

https://pastebin.com/dUyNUWsC
5109 life, 2118 mana = 7227 hitpionts, a gain of 768 hitpoints (also gain of 20% chaos resist).

I also changed the enchants on your weapons (looks like they should both have prefix room, though you can't tell that for 100% certain outside of game), and downleveled your vaal grace (so you wouldn't need the 30 dex node).

Oh and I swapped arcane surge for enhance on your flame dash, to make its cooldown even faster. If you have arcane surge on brand recall, you don't need it on flame dash.

Getting over 7k effective HP should be pretty solid for end game. There's always more room to improve of course but you may want to look at play style issues (or reconsider running triple damage mod maps) if you're still dying a lot with over 7k hp, phase acrobatics, and vaal grace.

edit: I realize I didn't actually address possible gear upgrades. Your amulet is pretty glass cannon in its stats. You can relatively easily get 160+ combined life+mana on an amulet, and still have okay offensive stats. And that's before we even start considering some OP talisman bonuses (%life or %mana).

Here's a search:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/wpwlldFb

Here's a result that even matches the resists on your current ammy:

Obviously that's less damage than your current, but dramatically more hitpoints.
https://pastebin.com/Ft2Fmtb2

Takes you up to 5234 life 2309 mana = 7543 hitpoints. A gain of 1084 hitpoins all told. Also puts you pretty much right on the dot at the optimal 7/3 life/mana ratio for MoM builds. (Meaning you want to upgrade life before mana past this point)

Your next big budget item is probably inpulsa. Of course you could afford one right now, but you couldn't afford to 6-link it, so there'd be little point. Probably worth saving a bit towards that. You might be able to get a bit better hat in the short term as well, but for the most part your gear isn't in too bad of shape.

Inpulsa is not just a damage gain, it is a survival gain. Shock immune should not be underestimated, and the ability to instant pop packs (and destroy the corpses) is very helpful in surviving rough map mods.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 25, 2019, 5:24:35 PM
Thanks so much for the reply! Didn't expect it to be in such detail.
Will definitely work on the upgrades you suggested.

To be fair I wasn't paying much attention to map mods since everything up until now was pretty much a faceroll. Time to git gud and dodge stuff I guess.

A few questions:

I don't have the "x% of lightning as extra chaos" mod on the wand yet. Could you suggest an alternative to use until finding the unveil? Double damage is best dps wise but it's only a few % and somewhat costly.

Would a 16 trap & mine damage / 16 hypothermia helmet be an upgrade compared to my 20 trap & mine damage / 20 increased AoE? I'm unsure of the mechanics of hypothermia and chill. Is it basically an x% more multiplier?
"
kilo_waro wrote:
I don't have the "x% of lightning as extra chaos" mod on the wand yet. Could you suggest an alternative to use until finding the unveil? Double damage is best dps wise but it's only a few % and somewhat costly.

Yeah your wands aren't super high end so I wouldn't necessarily blow a divine orb on a double damage craft. If you're not hurting for damage you could hold off on changing the crafts, and just get better crafts when you upgrade to higher end weapons.

"
Would a 16 trap & mine damage / 16 hypothermia helmet be an upgrade compared to my 20 trap & mine damage / 20 increased AoE? I'm unsure of the mechanics of hypothermia and chill. Is it basically an x% more multiplier?

Yes hypothermia is a big more multiplier. As for whether it would be an upgrade, it depends. On bosses with big hitboxes all your bursts are probably hitting even without increased AoE, so in that case the increased AoE isn't doing so much. On bosses with smaller hitboxes the increased AoE really bumps up the damage a lot by getting the bursts to overlap on the boss. Overlapping bursts ("shotgunning") is why lightning spire wrecks stuff.
Thank you for this wonderful build , i was following it from your lvling post to this full guide , everything is so smooth for me lvling , guardian , shaper , uber elder down at first try ( last portal tho :D ) . and i just crafting a wand dps go up big .

Any case can you take a look to my charater for some improve that i can do ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info