[3.7] Storm Brand Elementalist. League Starter, Deathless Uber Elder.

Hi i'm completely new to the build so i have some question i want to ask and i hope someone can give me an answer. Is there a way to shatter enemies with this build ? I saw u using hypothermia in your setup but u didn't shatter enemies in your vids. I really love to shatter enemies so ... Also which set up is better between a mark of the shaper and an essence worm ?
Thanks in advance xD
"
Confucius wrote:
Hey, can you explain how you become reflect immune please? Also is it important to get the pantheon upgrades?

Paragon of Calamity. Pantheon isn't super important.

"
Not sure if you've answered this somewhere but how would you find your weight for # to # damage to spells in PoB? I've figured out the 10% line for other stats but the damage range eludes me

You're asking the specific text to get "10" lightning damage to spells in PoB, to put into a weighted search on the trade site, right? That would be:

adds 10 to 10 lightning damage to spells

"
huyakf1997 wrote:
Hi i'm completely new to the build so i have some question i want to ask and i hope someone can give me an answer. Is there a way to shatter enemies with this build ? I saw u using hypothermia in your setup but u didn't shatter enemies in your vids. I really love to shatter enemies so ... Also which set up is better between a mark of the shaper and an essence worm ?
Thanks in advance xD

Essence worm is more damage than mark of the shaper. If you do use mark of the shaper, you will need an elder malachai's artifice. Mark of the shaper isn't strictly wrong, since it does also give life, which is nice.

You could run added cold instead of added lightning in your storm brand link, if you want to freeze and shatter stuff more. If you really want to focus on shattering stuff though, a crit build with herald of ice (inquisitor maybe) might be more on point. For us, we do inpulsa explosions instead.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 11, 2019, 1:03:29 AM
Any differences if I choose to do the "crit way", assume I drop EO and take the normal crit skill-tree and choose alira bandit? Is the dps gain worth to do crit?
"Lately I've taken to skipping the lightning golem, to make sure he never buffs the flame golem with lightning damage, messing up EE. It doesn't happen often, so the lightning golem's cast speed is potentially still pretty good for maps, but double flame golem is probably more reliable boss damage."

Could you go into some more detail here to clarify? Do you have 2 flame golems at once? I tried but can't spawn more than one? Is that what you mean?
"
dyh135 wrote:
Any differences if I choose to do the "crit way", assume I drop EO and take the normal crit skill-tree and choose alira bandit? Is the dps gain worth to do crit?

No, going crit is not worth it. The build is honestly already pretty tight on points, you'd have to sacrifice phase acrobatics to go crit. That's a lot of lost survivability for not much, if any, damage gained.

"
Confucius wrote:
"Lately I've taken to skipping the lightning golem, to make sure he never buffs the flame golem with lightning damage, messing up EE. It doesn't happen often, so the lightning golem's cast speed is potentially still pretty good for maps, but double flame golem is probably more reliable boss damage."

Could you go into some more detail here to clarify? Do you have 2 flame golems at once? I tried but can't spawn more than one? Is that what you mean?

Once you have liege of the primordial, you can have 2 golems.
Ahh right OK thanks for clarifying that.
Last edited by Confucius on Mar 11, 2019, 10:40:18 AM
I know they made changes to the crafting bench this patch. So I have no idea what is the best multimod to make for 3.6. Do you happen to know?
filled my atlas and killed red elder + guardians with pretty mediocre gear (tabula most expensive item)
really great build, great league starter!

edit: did shaper too with the same gear deathless
Last edited by Peter677 on Mar 12, 2019, 6:05:58 PM
"
tragic_nate wrote:
I know they made changes to the crafting bench this patch. So I have no idea what is the best multimod to make for 3.6. Do you happen to know?

Assuming the poedb info is correct, the mods on our setup that got nerfed are the hybrid spell damage / non-chaos as extra chaos mod, and chance to deal double damage. For hybrid, instead of 50/6 it is now 50/4 (it is also now 1 ex instead of 4c). For double damage, it is 5% instead of 7% (cost lowered to 1 divine).

You should test with your own setup, of course, but with my gear these mods were still better than the alternatives. For prefixes, the main other contender is 8% lightning as chaos. For suffixes there's really just not much that's good in a non-crit build aside from cast speed and double damage.

So it would be:

Natvie:
Pre: 20% ele as extra chaos shaper mod

Multimod (suf):
Pre: Adds (3–9) to (106–112) Lightning Damage to Spells

Pre: (46–50)% increased Spell Damage / Gain 4% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage

Suf: (15–18)% increased Cast Speed

Suf: (4–5)% chance to deal Double Damage
"
Peter677 wrote:
filled my atlas and killed red elder + guardians with pretty mediocre gear (tabula most expensive item)
really great build, great league starter!

Congrats!

A lot of the choices in the build were specifically league start oriented. In particular the lighting spire trap setup, and the malachai's artifice setup were choices I made in the first day of betrayal league, to allow good boss damage with garbage gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info