[3.7] Storm Brand Elementalist. League Starter, Deathless Uber Elder.

Do the new support gems benefit this build in any way, in your opinion?
How many exalteds do you need to buy the items for this build?
RIP at 3.6 or still playable?
there are only damage nerfs, so it will be harder to kill bosses and its OK?
Last edited by MrImpossib1e on Mar 6, 2019, 7:30:25 AM
"
Loler_rev wrote:

I killed uber elder deathless with Shroud 5l mid leaguage. So i think u can do it with about 5ex. Just need lv 20 gem, Shroud 5l, 2 good wand and some jewel 30c.
"
Loler_rev wrote:

This is a league starter build, and as such costs nothing to get going. In betrayal league I was still wearing tabula rasa at level 90 in red maps. By the time you hit uber elder you should have a few exalts invested to have a decent item in every slot, as with any build.

By the end of the league I had ~50 exalts worth of gear, but that kind of gear isn't even remotely necessary for the build to function.

"
MrImpossib1e wrote:
RIP at 3.6 or still playable?
there are only damage nerfs, so it will be harder to kill bosses and its OK?

The build will not be quite as strong in 3.6, particularly at low gear levels where the numerical damage nerf matters more. But it was so strong already that I don't think this loss will be particularly serious.

At middle and high gear levels you'll still be one-shotting any packs with brand recall. With no mechanical nerfs to storm brand or brand recall, the gameplay will stay basically the same.

We might be adding wave of conviction for lightning exposure against bosses. It won't require any links. The added lightning spell damage on our wands will cause it to do more lightning damage than fire, so it will apply lightning exposure. Lightning exposure won't completely make up for the damage lost in the nerfs, but it will help.

We will need a source of crit to activate elemental overload now, if we want to use controlled destruction (which we do). The best source is going to be the boot enchant: "120% increased critical strike chance if you haven't crit recently." It is possible you could use a secondary skill to activate it, but IMHO that's cumbersome. The point of the build is fast and fluid gameplay.
Then you will update tree?
How i see now we have more dmg from Divine Wrath and Divine Judgement(from 800k to 930k)
But now need 1 more skillpoint for take it
Or will take new other nods?
"
Francyzzz wrote:
Then you will update tree?
How i see now we have more dmg from Divine Wrath and Divine Judgement(from 800k to 930k)
But now need 1 more skillpoint for take it
Or will take new other nods?

Don't trust those numbers. PoB has the new skill tree, but not the changed skill gem stats. We'll be losing damage, not gaining it.

Divine judgement is great, we basically save 1 skill point compared to previously. There's no point getting divine wrath, it is shite for us, it is for phys conversion builds. I'd put the free skill point in life or mana somewhere.

I don't see much need to change the tree other than that.

I'll wait for the new / adjusted skill to be in PoB before putting up a new PoB paste, but if you want the skill tree now, it is changed very little:
https://pastebin.com/RmQ4Q9Fs
"
"
Loler_rev wrote:

This is a league starter build, and as such costs nothing to get going. In betrayal league I was still wearing tabula rasa at level 90 in red maps. By the time you hit uber elder you should have a few exalts invested to have a decent item in every slot, as with any build.

By the end of the league I had ~50 exalts worth of gear, but that kind of gear isn't even remotely necessary for the build to function.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of what "starter" meant, I thought its meaning was near to "noob friendly", I guess I'll give it a try.
Hey magicrectangle!

Maybe a bit off topic from the build discussion, but I wanted to ask you, which League Starter you are going to use for 3.6?

Storm brand will still be alright I suppose, but do you think there is something much better for Witch?
Any thoughts on replacements for Controlled Destruction until you can get the boot enchant or another source of crit, Lightning Pen in a 4l while levelling doesn't seem that attractive. I guess Trap & Mine Damage would do for Lightning Spire.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info