[3.7] Storm Brand Elementalist. League Starter, Deathless Uber Elder.

"
Vickery wrote:
Is there a way for us to see if Malachi's is actually working? Is there an icon or something?

The enemies will have the EE effect at their feet.
Finally did it, level 100 with this build. Just love Storm brand so much this skill is amazing, I don't even know what to play now
Thanks again for your build :)

"
Brookizlol wrote:
Finally did it, level 100 with this build. Just love Storm brand so much this skill is amazing, I don't even know what to play now

Congrats man, that's impressive.

I've been pondering whether I want to push to 100 or not. Currently 98. I didn't really grind for it, I leveled from 92 to 98 off the xp I got farming uber elder (8 guardian maps per uber, plus however many t15s to get elder influence to re-pop). But that xp has slowed down a lot.

I know I'm supposed to do pure breachstone rotations to get the last two levels, but I don't know if I can be bothered to do that. Player interaction.... eh.

Looks like you went for cast speed nodes for your final points. Pretty good option. I was thinking I might take the shadow mana and mana on kill nodes, and have a level 100 tree that looked like this:

https://pastebin.com/vmLu0mLF

The extra mana is nice since there's not really any more HP nodes to take, next best thing. The mana on kill is nice for no-leech maps. Of course if you're doing pure breach stone rotations you never have to deal with no-leech.
I've been looking for a build that can handle red maps and doesn't die instantly to those darn syndicate ambushes. I'd like to take my first shot at shaper, too.

I have about 6 Ex saved up, would that be enough to at least handle red maps safely? Even a 5L Inpulsa is going to blow over half my budget, though a 5L Shroud of the Lightless would leave a lot left over to invest elsewhere.

Is this build tanky enough to handle red maps and the syndicate there? And would I be able to get it up and running with this budget?

Thanks!

"
JonathanPDX wrote:
I've been looking for a build that can handle red maps and doesn't die instantly to those darn syndicate ambushes. I'd like to take my first shot at shaper, too.

I have about 6 Ex saved up, would that be enough to at least handle red maps safely? Even a 5L Inpulsa is going to blow over half my budget, though a 5L Shroud of the Lightless would leave a lot left over to invest elsewhere.

Is this build tanky enough to handle red maps and the syndicate there? And would I be able to get it up and running with this budget?

Thanks!

This is a league starter build, you can get into red maps on far less investment than that. I was in T15 and level 90 wearing a tabula.

I wouldn't blow your whole load on inpulsa. Inpulsa is nice, but not necessary. 5L shroud of the lightless is a fine choice. So is a 6L rare with life / resist, or even a tabula.

The build is very good at syndicate. You're highly mobile so you can just run around avoiding their BS while the brands kill them. You also hit dodge cap with vaal grace up, which avoids huge amounts of damage. With mind over matter you should have 7k+ total pool between life and mana so you can soak the hits that do get through your dodge.
"

This is a league starter build, you can get into red maps on far less investment than that. I was in T15 and level 90 wearing a tabula.

I wouldn't blow your whole load on inpulsa. Inpulsa is nice, but not necessary. 5L shroud of the lightless is a fine choice. So is a 6L rare with life / resist, or even a tabula.

The build is very good at syndicate. You're highly mobile so you can just run around avoiding their BS while the brands kill them. You also hit dodge cap with vaal grace up, which avoids huge amounts of damage. With mind over matter you should have 7k+ total pool between life and mana so you can soak the hits that do get through your dodge.

Thanks for the info! Would Loreweave be a good alternative to Inpulsa? Even a 6L one is about half the cost. Or just go with 5L armor and invest elsewhere? For example, the difference between a 6L helm and 7L helm is 1.5-2 ex!

I'm excited to try it out, and I have a level 90 elementalist I can respec; now I just need to figure out a priority for buying gear. :)
Loreweave is good too. You don't need a 7L helm, 6L is fine.

It is almost always better, in any build, to spread your money out rather than buying one big ticket item, unless that item is completely build enabling. Nothing in this build is completely build enabling. As I mention in the OP the most important unique is malachai's artifice, which costs a couple chaos.

Temple attack dodge boots are a pretty nice defensive item, so that's one place you might consider spending a bit. It isn't necessary to have the effect of non-damaging ailments on them. It is a nice bit of damage, but it is completely fine to just go pure defense stats on the boots if needed to cover resists.

Good wands can be had quite cheaply. I talk about how to find good ones in the answered questions section of the OP.
"
Loreweave is good too. You don't need a 7L helm, 6L is fine.

It is almost always better, in any build, to spread your money out rather than buying one big ticket item, unless that item is completely build enabling. Nothing in this build is completely build enabling. As I mention in the OP the most important unique is malachai's artifice, which costs a couple chaos.

Temple attack dodge boots are a pretty nice defensive item, so that's one place you might consider spending a bit. It isn't necessary to have the effect of non-damaging ailments on them. It is a nice bit of damage, but it is completely fine to just go pure defense stats on the boots if needed to cover resists.

Good wands can be had quite cheaply. I talk about how to find good ones in the answered questions section of the OP.

Thanks for all the info, I really appreciate it. This community is so welcoming and helpful, it means a lot that you'd not only write a detailed guide for all of us, but take the time to answer questions.
"
"
Brookizlol wrote:

Congrats man, that's impressive.

I've been pondering whether I want to push to 100 or not. Currently 98. I didn't really grind for it, I leveled from 92 to 98 off the xp I got farming uber elder (8 guardian maps per uber, plus however many t15s to get elder influence to re-pop). But that xp has slowed down a lot.

I know I'm supposed to do pure breachstone rotations to get the last two levels, but I don't know if I can be bothered to do that. Player interaction.... eh.

Looks like you went for cast speed nodes for your final points. Pretty good option. I was thinking I might take the shadow mana and mana on kill nodes, and have a level 100 tree that looked like this:

https://pastebin.com/vmLu0mLF

The extra mana is nice since there's not really any more HP nodes to take, next best thing. The mana on kill is nice for no-leech maps. Of course if you're doing pure breach stone rotations you never have to deal with no-leech.

Thanks man !

Yeah i did 98,20 to 100 doing pure breachstones, and until 98 20% I farmed red elder (I'm not able to do all of my uber elders deathless yet).

For my 3 last levels I equipped the mana leech with wrath elder's jewel. Because i don't play with a mana flask, and I felt pretty safe thanks to this jewel !

I think you're totally right for the mana nodes at the finals levels. I took cast speed just to have more DPS but it's really not necessary, DPS is already so high.
Hey all iv been really enjoying this build,the only issue is that i feel really squishy.is there anyway i can get more tanky?I keep getting destroyed alot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info