[3.6] Tectonic Slam Jugg: MELT CONTENT (melee lives!) Razors build (discontinued)

"
Rullmihr wrote:
What would you suggest I should focus on in my build?

I'm thinking about getting better gloves (maybe tombfist or upgraded Spiked Gloves) and optimizing my jewels (resists, % life) to free up my craft on my 1 ring for added elemental damge.

BTW I get oneshot in uber lab and still haven't completed it yet. I thought I would have better survivability.
Should I just stand still and face tank him?

Do not wear Abyssus in the lab, it's all phys damage. just dodge his telegraphed slams, keep fortify up, and you should be fine. You do need to put all of your non wise oak flasks in the garbage. Seething life flasks, no mana flasks, look other builds and learn about them.

"
nevrax wrote:
Hello,
I'm new to the end game. Still trying to figure things out.

I basically follow guides all the time and although I love your build I struggle to know what kind of stats I'm looking for.

Offensively, it seems to be Crit chance/damage ? Any other apart from that ? physical damage from a sash belt maybe ?

Defensively, after elemental resistances, what would I be looking for ?

I looked at you stuff. I was wondering why are you using wave of conviction with CWDT and if you took Vaal hast instead of AW and took it as normal spell with AP for a specific reason. If not would it be a good idea to do the same in my case ?

I don't want to bother you too much but if you have time could you explain the why so I can understand instead of just following ? :)

Thanks in advance !

NB: I hope my English was correct.

You can build crit or go EO, both are viable. Crit is more damage, EO is more life. You want a stygian vise belt eventually, with life, resists and ele dmg with weapons/fire damage/elemental damage. you can just search poe trade for a total of x amount to fire damage with attacks.

if you are crit, you will want either an assasin mark on hit ring or oskarm gloves. If EO, whatever gloves are fine, the Offering to the Serpent are very good for extra leech. Circle of Guilt with buff effect and phys dmg is the highest dps ring for either build, but expensive if you are just starting out. It also makes getting res capped difficult, especially if you are using the Eye/Mokou's set up.

Wave of conviction gives a massive -25 to fire resistance. Since the swords are converting phys to fire, it is the majority element on the wave. I like vaal haste more than vaal AW, but either is fine. We have flexibility with our gem slots, so having Vaal haste is just luxury. Swinging faster = more damage and more ignites which = more life gain. Ancestral protector gives 20% MORE attack speed when active, which is huge. The totems are not there to do damage, but to buff you. Quality of multiple totems gives placement speed which makes using both totems feel way better.

Overall, there are a lot of different ways to make this build and you can customize it to whatever you want to do. But, it is not mechanically forgiving and it can be easy to mess up charges, crit chance, accuracy, resists, etc. Holler with your goals if you want some more specific advice.

"
Sadoldgit wrote:
]

Hi, took the advice and now just hit 91. I need to look for another jewel for the build now I've got a spare slot. I've taken all the defensive nodes I think and my DPS seems capable of killing virtually all monsters up to L16. Is there anything I'm missing to improve my character?

Thanks in advance

30q your swords with the beast craft (it's only like 6-8c) or Take them to a 28q Hillock bench and then corrupt them. You could get the better helm enchant. Your belt has no damage on it, aim for 60%+ total inc fire damage to attacks. A loreweave is large DPS boost. If you only want to spend less to upgrade your chest, grab some Essences of Insanity and start throwing them at it until you get something good enough. That will give you permanent onslaught with the eye set up, which feels fantastic. 20q your multiple totems support. jewels look pretty good.

"
azureavenger wrote:
"
gloves are free, if theyre from me. idk what i paid for them.
Guilt is a slight DPS boost vs anguish iirc (flat damage boost), and cheaper.

yes please, that would be amazing. i'll just drop u a pm in game?

icic, shall look out for one then!

right now my plans are : to use the oskarms, get a starkonjas with chance to create charged slam enchant, and replace jewels with life and resists to make up for that.

will need to get a better belt too for sure. mine doesn't have much resists.
if im still able to cap resists then ill aim to get a Circle of Guilt

yep, pm me if i'm around, i am going to be out of town for the weekend tho. Starkonjas is by no means BiS. Any high ilvl rare is good (preferably not a hubris circlet, but whatever), esp if you need help with resists. You can fossil craft -9 to fire res easily.
"
ata191 wrote:

It's spiked gloves with 16% melee damage, fractured mod 15% attack speed, fractured mod accuracy 300+

wow, those sound nice. yeah, i would see much AS you can get on them. With the extra accuracy, you could look into corrupted swords with a fun implicit like fortify on hit, onslaught on kill, or even more AS while still hitting 95% accuracy. check your pob first though
If anybody have some currency and want to push the damage a little bit higher, here is how i've done it:

What i have spend till now:

Swords - 15 + 3 ex
Armour - 6 ex
Helmet - 5 ex
Gloves - 15 ex
Amulet - 2 ex
Rings - both below 1 ex
Belt - 1 ex
Boots - 4 ex
Jewels - 20 c - 1 ex
Watchers Eye - 30 ex

In total around 80 ex till now. I still want to upgrade my rings, swords and to get boots with onslaught.

Currently it's around 8.8 Million Shaper DPS with 6k life at lvl 94: https://pastebin.com/kUvHbH4f

If anybody wants to build something similar as a "budget" version:

Swords - with 350+ phys dps, at least 1.8 attack speed and 6.6% crit - around 1-2 ex each.
Armour - 4 ex
Helmet - without enchant 1 c
Gloves - with only ele weakness 1-2 ex
Amulet - similar one around 1 ex
Rings - around 1 ex for similar ones in total
Belt - 1-2 ex
Boots - a little bit worse one's without enchant around 50c
Jewels - only 20-40c for each good 3 stat jewel (look for high rolls! a perfect 3 stat jewel for 20 c can be better than bad rolled 4 stat jewels which would cost 3-15 ex!)
Watchers Eye - with only phys to cold conversion 80 c

For around 15-20 ex it's still 6 Million Shaper DPS with 6k life at lvl 94: https://pastebin.com/BkBgaukJ
Last edited by Rake7 on Apr 5, 2019, 6:33:52 PM
I gave it a shot with a dual foil build like that but I could only scrape together 4m shaper with what I could acquire. Instead I went mongo with oni goroshi and got the same 8m dps on the “cheap”. Her embrace is just such an insane buff. The degen is annoying as hell on some map mods though, gotta ride that health flask.
Thanks for the quick answer! I learned a ton of stuff.

I think I'll go with the EO version. Does this mean I have to look to increase my fire damage and forget crit or is it still relevent ?

As for tankiness I must look for life and 78% ele res. Are evasion and ES worthless ?

"
But, it is not mechanically forgiving and it can be easy to mess up charges, crit chance, accuracy, resists, etc.

What part isn't mechanically forgiving ? Is there a minimal amount of accuracy and crit needed ?
"
nevrax wrote:

"
But, it is not mechanically forgiving and it can be easy to mess up charges, crit chance, accuracy, resists, etc.

What part isn't mechanically forgiving ? Is there a minimal amount of accuracy and crit needed ?

Not really. But lets say your accuracy and crit is terrible. In this case +400 accuracy could improve your damage by eg. 20%, while another damage stat like + 40% elemental damage would only increase it by 5%.

But thats only the case if one special stat is by far to low. If you already have enough accuracy and crit chance, more would make less sense. So you would prefer a + 40% elemental damage roll over even more accuracy.

And the only way to find out what your current gear status lacks is PoB. Just make for eg. Rings in PoB. One with only Accuracy, one with +phys, attack speed, ele damage, melee damage ect. All damage stats you can imagine. Then equip each one of them. So you can always controll which damage stat brings you the most currently.
Last edited by Rake7 on Apr 5, 2019, 10:47:27 AM
Amazing guide and it has been super fun for two leagues now.

I have 92 all res for The Wise Oak but I am having a hard time staying alive in T16 boss fights. I have 5,300 Life and I know I need more in my gear. What should I focus on? Sorry for the vague question, I'm just kinda at a stand still. Should I swap Unstoppable for Unrelenting ascendancy? Is the same tripl-res for Wise Oak really important or should I try to get 100+ all res even if they are not the same number?

Thank you Sleeve for the great guide and I look forward to playing it again in 3.7!!!
Hey, just wondering can xoph’s blood amulet be used instead of eye of innoncence? I’m new to this build and not sure which amulets is better.
"
Rake7 wrote:

And the only way to find out what your current gear status lacks is PoB.

Thanks I took your advise and it helped me a lot !
Last edited by nevrax on Apr 8, 2019, 6:35:42 AM
"
Cqss wrote:
Amazing guide and it has been super fun for two leagues now.

I have 92 all res for The Wise Oak but I am having a hard time staying alive in T16 boss fights. I have 5,300 Life and I know I need more in my gear. What should I focus on? Sorry for the vague question, I'm just kinda at a stand still. Should I swap Unstoppable for Unrelenting ascendancy? Is the same tripl-res for Wise Oak really important or should I try to get 100+ all res even if they are not the same number?

Thank you Sleeve for the great guide and I look forward to playing it again in 3.7!!!

Don't drop Unstoppable. Consider dropping VaalPact; the leech form the gloves is still effective and you have a a lot of regen on the tree. If you can, throw a Might of the Meek in the jewel slot leading up the Scion wheel for more life, and/or just grab some of the life nodes you're missing.
Balanced wise oak is really important, but it sure does help. If it's too much to balance just get res capped at 78. Bandits are kill all for EO and Alira if crit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info