[3.5] Lewd's Cold Hard CoC Build Guide [Frostbolt/Ice Nova] 2.3M+ Shaper DPS Tanky

Noob question: can this build work with glacial cascade?
Maybe instead of frostbolt or nova or any other way?
"
inferno_poe wrote:

look at my char (Betcoc) im using glacial cascade
Last edited by Vi0x on Dec 18, 2018, 7:14:50 PM
"
StyleEngine wrote:
"
nuoclanh wrote:
Can we use ice nova on Cospri and ice nove on armor at the same time ?
I saw them cooldown at the same time.
Should we use 4 skills instead ?

Yes, you should slot ice nova both in your weapon and chest. Also swap out elemental focus and fit in frost bolt. You can massively boost up the damage of this by putting ice Nova and frost bolt into your cospri and chest setups. Frostbolt makes you cast ice nova twice.

For people asking weather it could handle all endgame? No. You will die alot. Be it one shot or one big slam by endgame bosses. If you want to do all content and safe, you will need a different setups.

I'm also playing a similar build using Carcass Jack freezing pulse + ice nova for general mapping up to T16 Elder Ugs.

Is the damage increase really that big to outweigh the elemental focus loss? I know you can fit that on a second Cospri for dual wielding but with just one is it an actual dps increase to replace EF for Frostbolt?
"
Slithid wrote:
"
"
Slithid wrote:

I did basically the same thing, I had a Lycosidae so I did lab around 35 and then switched to the 6l setup in my tabula at 38. if you have a Diamond Flask, the crit you're missing after only one lab is easily made up. You should also be getting the Frostbolt threshold jewel around this level, from defeating Innocence.

I leveled like this as well and it's been great! Thank you for your help!

Another tip, I personally recommend rushing the jewel slot above witch and the one under the power charge on the right and socketing two of the Frozen Trail jewels. It feels nicer while leveling.

Also, my current flask setup is 1x instant life, 1x instant mana just in case, silver, diamond, and quicksilver. The onslaught from the silver flask is really noticeable for cyclone, and paired with the quicksilver helps movement a lot.

Thanks, I did as you advised and got the two jewels asap. Should I remove one of them later on?

I have the same flask setup as you, only instead of the mana flask I'm using a Sulphur.

Should I take the Opportunistic ascendancy node last?
Last edited by NemoRSRB on Dec 19, 2018, 3:07:02 AM
"
Another one of those "post it and abandon it" build guides :(

Sorry. I've just been so very busy with testing for Dual Wield, my stream and work being quite exhausting the past few days. I will be updating the build guide with more info as well as gem alternatives tomorrow, and replying to as many comments as I can.

Again, I haven't abandoned the post, I have just been trying to get new info to add onto it. Want to make sure I am 100% correct before I do anything else to it.
"
Naw4k wrote:
can you post the dmg calculation?
How do you get 2.3M+ dmg on shaper?

Chest: (cyclone cast rate * cyclone crit rate) * avg Dmg ice Nova * 2
Cospri: (cyclone cast rate / 2) * ( cyclone crit rate) * avg Dmg Ice Nova * 2
Cospri: (cyclone cast rate / 2) * ( cyclone crit rate) * avg Dmg Frostbolt

is that correct?

Disabled Vaal RF as you wouldn't have that up very reliably for guardians/shaper

For the Cospri it is [(frostbolt avg dmg/2)+(ice nova avg dmg)] *cyclone attack speed

For the Chest it is [(ice nova avg dmg*2)]*cyclone attack speed

Then just add them together.

This is assuming you are Lycosidae and have diamond flask up for near 90% crit chance, calculation would be different for other skills but considering how Cyclone rolls crit = it crits for the entire duration of the attack it's a realistic number.
"
inferno_poe wrote:

It can, however the dps would be less and you wouldn't go for Life Gain on Hit, losing the overall tanky feeling of it while mapping/bossing.

If there is enough interest I might include a section of viable other PoB and gem set-ups to accompany them.
What would you think about using Shroud of the Lightless for a cheap 6l and moving hypotermia in place of cold penetration in Cospri ?
"
"
Slithid wrote:

Another tip, I personally recommend rushing the jewel slot above witch and the one under the power charge on the right and socketing two of the Frozen Trail jewels. It feels nicer while leveling.

Also, my current flask setup is 1x instant life, 1x instant mana just in case, silver, diamond, and quicksilver. The onslaught from the silver flask is really noticeable for cyclone, and paired with the quicksilver helps movement a lot.

Thanks, I did as you advised and got the two jewels asap. Should I remove one of them later on?

I have the same flask setup as you, only instead of the mana flask I'm using a Sulphur.

Should I take the Opportunistic ascendancy node last?

Later on, based on the OP's build and my understanding of jewels, it'll be more beneficial to eventually replace one of the gems with an jewel that has flat attack speed, attack speed with swords, and max life, but until then running two should be fine.

Sulfur Flask is good if you can keep yourself within the area, but may be difficult to do consistently with Cyclone. I can switch out my own mana flask now that my Warlords Mark is high enough level to outleech my cyclone mana cost.

I would definitely get Opportunistic last. The movement speed is mainly QoL, and we have enough boss damage to delay acquiring that. The crit you get from Ambush and Assassinate is so noticeable, too. Before it, I would often whiff on some packs without diamond flask up, and even then. Now, I crit every pack.
Hey there OP,

This build is amazing dude <3

What would you recommend as my next natural upgrade?

Id like some more defence of some art. Might take this char to 100

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info