[3.6] Chaos Cerberus - an ED LL Occultist | Viable for everything | Deathless UElder + Video

"
Démonwrath wrote:
Would u recommend using another amulet when specced into Vile Bastion (if so, which stats to prefer)?

Actually - not really. I think Presence of Chayula is just way too good for this sorta build.

Till you can afford one though you can get a good rare amulet. Stats to look out for would be:

+% Increased Energy Shield
+ XYZ to Energy Shield
+% Spellpower
+% Chaos Damage
+% Damage over Time
+% Resistances
+ XYZ to Intelligence

Thats pretty much it!
"
Hi!

I would recommend going for Vile Bastion first, yes. I think ES builds struggel a bit more with early game survivabilty due to the absence of life flasks. So Vile Bastion IMO helps quite a lot with that.

It isn't quite that easy! We usually reserve our LifePool away with Auras and Bloodmagic. If you take CI your Life is 1. You can't reserve a % of 1 since the game only uses Natural Numbers for HP.

I would also wait with taking CI till you got a decent ES Pool together. Till then just play the character normally - don't reserve your life away and run with a life flask or two.

What that means is that you need to take some auras or curses off the PoB I posted runs with. I would try to take off the Purities/Purity of Elements and a curse or two. You can usually substitute resistances on rare gear quite well while levelling.

You can also forgo to take Pain Attunment and Arcane Vision. Since with CI you will always be at full life (or dead :).

Cheers!

Thanks so much for the reply and the info, you've just cleared up a lot of stuff for me and it's all coming together now.
Hello,

this build looks really interesting + I was lucky enough to find a Shavronne's, so I've begun gearing for this build as my second for the league. I was wondering something regarding the choice of helm. Did you consider using Heretic's Veil instead, or is the Void Gaze debuff better than the extra curse level in your opinion (I guess the reduced reserve is only useful if you don't have lvl 4 Enlightens)? Is it just a matter of defense vs damage, and what one prefers personally?
Maybe a Heretic's is only worth if one is playing the tri-curse setup...

Thanks in advance!
"
Voidzor wrote:
Hello,

this build looks really interesting + I was lucky enough to find a Shavronne's, so I've begun gearing for this build as my second for the league. I was wondering something regarding the choice of helm. Did you consider using Heretic's Veil instead, or is the Void Gaze debuff better than the extra curse level in your opinion (I guess the reduced reserve is only useful if you don't have lvl 4 Enlightens)? Is it just a matter of defense vs damage, and what one prefers personally?

Thanks in advance!

Heretics is a trap! :P

Why? It supports socketed curses with a lv22 Blasphemy - which sounds nice. The thing is though that quality on a Blasphemy is worth more then Levels - Levels only increases the AuraSize by a couple %.
It are not even two pixels on the screen worth really.

Quality on a Blasphemy however increases the effectivness of the curse! So any Blasphemy with Quality on it will result in stronger curses then with the Heretics.

The Heretics compensates that a bit with a +1 to curses - which is nice - but it actually doesn't outperform a Blasphemy with Quality by any significant margin.

So the choice is actually between:

More Damage (in an Unification and its VoidGaze)

vs

Less Damage (in an Heretics due to missing quality on the Blasphemy)

The choice is obivious - provided one has the gem links/mana and is not dependant on the heretics veil for that - which we are not.

And funnily enough we do not use the enlighten on our curses. ^^'
We use it on our auras in the shield - the +2 levels the shield gives has the most value on an enlighten - it being a gem that usually only has 3 levels. So yeah. Stuff.

Also: At the end of the day we are not overly reliant on curses. The Contagion+EssenceDrain Wave kills most enemies way outside of our curse range anyhow - and against enemies whom we stay in range for longer (Bosses and the like) curses are not really effective anyhow.

Then there is the simple reason that we loose over 100k Shaper DoT DPS without Ebers Unification due to its debuff.

Tl;dr: No, not worth it.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Dec 21, 2018, 8:10:33 AM
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
Voidzor wrote:
Hello,

Thanks in advance!

Heretics is a trap! :P

Why? It supports socketed curses with a lv22 Blasphemy - which sounds nice. The thing is though that quality on a Blasphemy is worth more then Levels - Levels only increases the AuraSize by a couple %.
It are not even two pixels on the screen worth really.

Quality on a Blasphemy however increases the effectivness of the curse! So any Blasphemy with Quality on it will result in stronger curses then with the Heretics.

The Heretics compensates that a bit with a +1 to curses - which is nice - but it actually doesn't outperform a Blasphemy with Quality by any significant margin.

So the choice is actually between:

More Damage (in an Unification and its VoidGaze)

vs

Less Damage (in an Heretics due to missing quality on the Blasphemy)

The choice is obivious - provided one has the gem links/mana and is not dependant on the heretics veil for that - which we are not.

And funnily enough we do not use the enlighten on our curses. ^^'
We use it on our auras in the shield - the +2 levels the shield gives has the most value on an enlighten - it being a gem that usually only has 3 levels. So yeah. Stuff.

Also: At the end of the day we are not overly reliant on curses. The Contagion+EssenceDrain Wave kills most enemies way outside of our curse range anyhow - and against enemies whom we stay in range for longer (Bosses and the like) curses are not really effective anyhow.

Then there is the simple reason that we loose over 100k Shaper DoT DPS without Ebers Unification due to its debuff.

Tl;dr: No, not worth it.

Thanks for the thorough answer, it makes sense! I didn't think the of gem level vs quality you can get on Blasphemy at all, it's indeed a trap. :P
hi, first of all thx alot for the guide i'm having a blast/
my only trouble is i have 2 lvl3 enlightens but can't even cast one contagion and essence drain, could you pls take alook at my geaR see if anything could be improved/

thx
"
leedslad1971 wrote:
hi, first of all thx alot for the guide i'm having a blast/
my only trouble is i have 2 lvl3 enlightens but can't even cast one contagion and essence drain, could you pls take alook at my geaR see if anything could be improved/

thx

Can't look with your character tab set to private! :)

€dit: Did you read the FAQ though?
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Dec 21, 2018, 6:26:16 PM
Hello, thanks for the build! I've done ED almost every league and it's nice to see a new build with cool ideas.

Question, why use Spreading Rot on the right side of the tree if your tree doesn't allocate 40 intelligence in the radius? It feels like a damage + ES (or ES recharge rate/start time) gem would be better. I might be missing something obvious. Thanks!
Cy, your builds are really impressive...as a newcomer to Witches, reading through these are really educational and I appreciate the effort you put into them. Do you prefer this one, or your poet's pen build more?
Really glad you're keeping ED alive, especially pushing it to uber elder! Thank you!

I was looking at the PoBs linked and saw that just gems alone can rack up the exalts for this. Is this set up more to point out optimal setups, or what you actually need to, say, reliably kill uber elder deathless?

Basically, I'm mediocre at making money, so needing multiple 21/20 jewels + level 4 empower + 2 to level of duration corrupt on shavs is a bit of a turn off for me.

Could you give you me your take on what the minimum required gear would be to accomplish such a lofty goal? or is ED just that far in need of a rework :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info