[3.6] Chaos Cerberus - an ED LL Occultist | Viable for everything | Deathless UElder + Video

"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
Did you try out Dreamfragments? It's AntiFreeze Stuff is kinda great as well. Huge QoL.

Yeah actually, I did. I am now using these boots and Dream Fragments. It's quite nice indeed.

I also found an Unnatural Instinct and sold it allowing me to buy Enlighten 4 x2, Empower 4, ED 21/20, and 21/0 Purities for the shield.

Loving the build overall, however I have noticed that despite my super solid damage, I am having trouble keeping the Shaper alive in the non-Uber Elder fight.

I get Elder to 25% triggering the add phase very quickly, and I do fine in the first 3 waves of adds, but for some reason the 4th wave of adds just is too much and the Shaper drops pretty quick.

I have only tried it 3 times (trying to do Red Elder quest objective thing), but yeah he keeps dying :/

What sucks is I bet that I will fare just fine when I try Uber Elder, bc the damage and the survivability is there, I just can't cover enough area to keep Shaper alive in non-Uber Elder fight?

Do you have any advice?
Last edited by rgnrfg on Dec 28, 2018, 6:29:22 PM
"
rgnrfg wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
Did you try out Dreamfragments? It's AntiFreeze Stuff is kinda great as well. Huge QoL.

Yeah actually, I did. I am now using these boots and Dream Fragments. It's quite nice indeed.

I also found an Unnatural Instinct and sold it allowing me to buy Enlighten 4 x2, Empower 4, ED 21/20, and 21/0 Purities for the shield.

Loving the build overall, however I have noticed that despite my super solid damage, I am having trouble keeping the Shaper alive in the non-Uber Elder fight.

I get Elder to 25% triggering the add phase very quickly, and I do fine in the first 3 waves of adds, but for some reason the 4th wave of adds just is too much and the Shaper drops pretty quick.

I have only tried it 3 times (trying to do Red Elder quest objective thing), but yeah he keeps dying :/

What sucks is I bet that I will fare just fine when I try Uber Elder, bc the damage and the survivability is there, I just can't cover enough area to keep Shaper alive in non-Uber Elder fight?

Do you have any advice?

Huh. That's a new one. ^^'

Uhm - What I tend to do is use contagion on each side of shaper - so basically one contagion each for 2 portals.

Then I target a small mob/wyrm thing - not the big ones; those are fairly sturdy - but a small one and use ED on it. That usually does the trick to spread ED to everything.
Do not try to kill the portals or target them with Essence Drains; it aint worth it.

Other then that stand in front of shaper so you might 'aggro' the mobs. If thats also doesn't work equip a dying sun flask - it gives ED two additional projectiles. That way you can make sure you get ED on everything really quickly.

I will spawn Red Elder for myself and try to make a video of it - But I hope that helped you so far!
have this bad boy

laying around should i 6-link it and play this build

essence drain is still considering a proj gem right

so i should get more +2 level gem
"
eihwaztwin wrote:
have this bad boy

laying around should i 6-link it and play this build

essence drain is still considering a proj gem right

so i should get more +2 level gem

Yup! Thats a gorgeous corruption on that shavs! :)
Anyone else here had some odd problems when killing minotaur? 2 times now, i instantly die about 1 sec after i kill minotaur, just thinking is it something with essence drain or wth could it be. I can tank the hits, stones and everything just fine, but when minotaur dies i just get one shot about 1 second after hes death.
"
DeGyrst wrote:
Anyone else here had some odd problems when killing minotaur? 2 times now, i instantly die about 1 sec after i kill minotaur, just thinking is it something with essence drain or wth could it be. I can tank the hits, stones and everything just fine, but when minotaur dies i just get one shot about 1 second after hes death.

Haha what? :D

You tank the whole encounter - and after Minotaur keels over you suddenly die? Outta nowhere?

Well, I do not have that - but that really does sound like a weird bug. Maybe make a clip and post it in the bug forum?

Oh, try it with a different helmet that doesn't have the -9% chaos aura? I think after a boss dies all his effects and stuff get automatically killed off as well. Maybe it treats the effect from your helmet as one as well and thus kills you off?

It's the only thing I can think off really. A video would be great! :D
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

Uhm - What I tend to do is use contagion on each side of shaper - so basically one contagion each for 2 portals.

Then I target a small mob/wyrm thing - not the big ones; those are fairly sturdy - but a small one and use ED on it. That usually does the trick to spread ED to everything.
Do not try to kill the portals or target them with Essence Drains; it aint worth it.

Other then that stand in front of shaper so you might 'aggro' the mobs. If thats also doesn't work equip a dying sun flask - it gives ED two additional projectiles. That way you can make sure you get ED on everything really quickly.

I will spawn Red Elder for myself and try to make a video of it - But I hope that helped you so far!

Thanks for the advice!

I will try it out the next time I can spawn Red Elder.

I think I may have been too focused on trying to get the portals down, rather than just focusing on the adds.

Not sure when that will be bc I am a bit busy this weekend.

A video would be great as well if you end up making one.

People like you are doing the Lord's work lol
Last edited by rgnrfg on Dec 29, 2018, 12:29:35 PM
"
rgnrfg wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

Thanks for the advice!

I will try it out the next time I can spawn Red Elder.

I think I may have been too focused on trying to get the portals down, rather than just focusing on the adds.

Not sure when that will be bc I am a bit busy this weekend.

A video would be great as well if you end up making one.

People like you are doing the Lord's work lol

Here you go:

Red Elder:

https://youtu.be/TxRABmds8U4

Not super-clean since I was tired: I just facetanked all the stuff; but it should help you a bit, I hope! :) It's deathless of course.

Also added the video to the OP.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Dec 29, 2018, 6:38:44 PM
Thanks so much for the build, a little bit complex but so much fun.

I bought this gear for ~2ex + 50c and kill:
1)Elder(Normal): deathless for the first time

2)3 T16 guardians: Hydra deathless, Phoenix 3 death(idk about 1 kill hit),
Minotaur, using all portal(was a little bit difficulty) all first time

Gear

3) Really nice delve farmer

I did this build as a League Starter, absolute Fantastic, even if you need to spend a lot of money,but absolutely worth it and satisfying.

I have 1ex,that i'm plannig to sell it for chaos and take 2x enlighten support, and probably fix gear, but idk, probably i just farm chaos and wait.

Thanks so much for the build.

The only things i don't understand is, how you can tank so much with bligh, probably i have low regen shield, but i need to understand, thanks again, and probably after that i can try with a staff

Staff
Last edited by Degerinma on Dec 30, 2018, 10:26:14 AM
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

Here you go:

Red Elder:

https://youtu.be/TxRABmds8U4

Not super-clean since I was tired: I just facetanked all the stuff; but it should help you a bit, I hope! :) It's deathless of course.

Also added the video to the OP.

Thank you!

Yes it is clear in your video how you play the fight slightly different than I was.

I was definitely too focused on trying to get the portals down rather than just focusing on the adds themselves.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info