General Gem Discussion

With no more official races why aren't the start gems more balanced out.

Glacial Hammer and Ele Prolif vs Viper Strike and Lesser Poison?

Or Spectral Throw and Onslaught.

Also some gems lost their identity now. Viper Strike works like Dual Strike w/ Chaos yes but kinda should a some rework if you took away its one thing it had over the others.

If you can detect when a project hits a wall, why make a gem that makes projectiles come back after hitting a wall or travelling so far. And maybe make it use a chain tag which chains off the walls. You guys basically gave up on the proj return thing.

How about a gem that creates a barrier like blade vortex does but with arrows only. So you could make Lightning Arrow Barrier or Ice Shot Barrier. The arrow will travel around you and the arrow must pierce maybe to make it work but triggers its affects when it hits an enemy. Now arrow builds have to be tanky and area nodes work well with bow builds' trees and make people try different trees.

Last edited by OpenHell on Sep 9, 2020, 10:52:49 PM
Any word on when some of the new skills will be added here? Like Hexblast in particular would be nice. I'm totally unbiased playing Hexblast and all.
"
Astrom wrote:
Any word on when some of the new skills will be added here? Like Hexblast in particular would be nice. I'm totally unbiased playing Hexblast and all.

I think they abandoned this section of the forum. Some skills have received new names and they haven't been updated for a long time.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Hexblast has 1 line : "Chaos Damage with Hits is Resisted by lowest Resistance instead"
How does it work with penetration ? The chaos penetration will be applied or the one matched with the lowest resistance on enemy ?
Feeding Frenzy doesn't have a thread here in the skill gem feedback forum so I'll ask here:
Playing a witch, the skill gem is not available from an NPC in town at the same time as the other gems of a similar level. It's marked as level 31 so I guess it could be available in act...3? 4? Seems it's available only from Siosa in the library, prior to the epilogue.
Not a big issue but a bit confusing.
"
Treme2 wrote:
Feeding Frenzy doesn't have a thread here in the skill gem feedback forum so I'll ask here:
Playing a witch, the skill gem is not available from an NPC in town at the same time as the other gems of a similar level. It's marked as level 31 so I guess it could be available in act...3? 4? Seems it's available only from Siosa in the library, prior to the epilogue.
Not a big issue but a bit confusing.

Feeding frenzy is a support gem not a skill gem so it doesn't have a thread here for that reason...
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2655418
I have many great things to say about the warcry gems and this section looked like the best place for my general review of the gems and archetype.

I have been playing a Warcry Tectonic Slam Chieftain for Heist league after not playing any Warcry Slam characters during Harvest when they were introduced. It has been using most of the slam oriented warcries such as Intimidating, Seismic, and Infernal. I wasn't expecting many positives, in fact I was expecting it to feel very clunky. On the contrary, the playstyle blew me away with how smooth it felt and how strong it was. I was able to reach my highest level and highest progression (very first Sirus kill) on this character.

Pros:
+ Very intuitive passive tree planning.

Your warcries feel very bad to cast while leveling -> you reach a warcry cluster -> warcries start feeling better -> you want more warcry clusters -> warcries get smoother to weave in -> damage and clearspeed gets better

+ Big damage, fast clearspeed

Doesn't look like you have damage on the tree but each warcry is like an extra gem link. You are sacrificing the one-button playstyle to get more damage and AoE in return.

+ Warcry flow state

I thought the extra buttons were going to be extremely tedious but after investing some time into the playstyle, I was able to get into what I call the "Warcry flow state". You will be checking your exerted attack counts, planning the next time to refresh warcries, all the while clearing screens. This DOES NOT get mentally exhausting. It actually keeps you ENGAGED. It felt like I was enjoying the map grind a lot more than with other builds. It doesn't hurt that slams simply feel good with this playstyle.

Cons:
- You need all warcry nodes on the passive tree

I highly recommend reaching every warcry cluster even if you sacrifice having a "customized" character.

- Call of Steel Ground Slam meta

This affects how affordable slam weapons are as well as whether there will be balance changes in the future.

- More buttons

Please read + Warcry flow state above but yeah you do have to press more.
Where's the Hydrosphere thread? Doesn't seem to have been made yet.
Hello. Wondering if its intended that aspect skills have duration tag and can be supported with appropriate supported gems, even if its marked as unscalable value?

My story: Crafted aspect of spider on rare body armour which have vortex, hypothermia,controlled destruction, elemental focus, swift affliction, efficacy socketed in. Aspect skill increased from 25% to 40% reservation needed which made me quite unhappy.

p.s. after some testing, did conclude that support gems with duration tag can affect the aspect skill. this might be a bug, else it would make no sense since enlighten does not affect it.
48;49;46;47;58;72;79;83;52;72;52;87;66;87;96;70;86;96;80;89;96;95;90;94;93;83;85;91;95;88;94;92;94;86;83;94;95;95;95;91;94;98;87;88;92;96;89;88;94;96;80;92;94;92;96;84;90;75;86;91;95;94;94;95;95

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info