General Gem Discussion

A neat attack gem would be one where you wind up for a single powerful hit. Sort of like Charged Dash, but once you stop channelling you lunge to your cursor's current location and deliver a single mighty strike that deals more physical damage based on how long you channelled.

To further differentiate from Charged Dash it could gain some tanking properties, like one or more of the following:

- You reduced damage while channelling this skill
- You cannot be interrupted while channelling this skill
- The final hit deals X% of the damage you took while channelling as physical damage

Such a gem would be a great single target option for those of us who aren't fond of how many other skills look with high attack speed and/or want to feel like a slow but mighty warrior!

-------

On the subject of Vaal skill gems in general, while I like the idea of massive attacks that require charging up to use, I'm not fond how charging Vaal skills is completely dependant on soul-giving adds, making them unusable during some important boss fights and unreliable during many other boss fights.

It would help them a lot if there were some way to alter their charge-up mechanic, whether it be through jewels, passive keystones or unique items.

Other possible mechanics for charging Vaal skills include:

- Gain X% charge per second if you have dealt or received damage recently
- Gain X% charge when you hit (modified by the hit's damage effectiveness)
- Gain X% charge per damage taken, with higher Vaal gem levels requiring more damage to be fully charged
- Plain old cooldown
Last edited by PoofySleeves on Sep 4, 2017, 12:04:33 AM
hoa needs to go back to being an ignite - no reason for that nerf.
Theamazonbasin
An ice movement skill would be neat since we have fire, lightning and physical movement skills already.
We could leap overhead and drop icicles below us as we travel which produce chilled ground where they land.
Can we have a thread for Immolate? :)
Would love to see an ice type channeling spell at some point... I mean we have dozens of fire ones... a recently released lightning one (which could use a huge buff btw!) but as said no ice based one. :(
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Very difficult to find an answer for this and even after playing it for 2 patches I'm still not certain how exactly it works but I wanted to ask a thing about Fire burst.

How exactly would Fire burst from essence of hysteria work with dual wielding? I have done it and I know that it certainly does switch between either of the fire burst setups but I am not sure about how exactly. Is cooldown shared between the both fireburst skills? Is cooldown completely separate? Do both setups rotate the trigger? It's very hard to see the difference, it does feel like there's more damage while dual wielding but because of lack of information it's difficult to notice the difference.
Please make a support gem that adds a cooldown (3~5 seconds) and increases %DMG so we can have burst damage more easily.
Hi.
I'm using a animated weapon skill supported by item rarity poison and a few other gems.
I'm wearing "Speaker's Wreath Prophet Crown" that gives effect "Minions' Hits can only Kill Ignited Enemies"
So every kill is by the poison with is applited by the minions.

The question is:
Does item rarity support still work?
Please consider to change "Summon Harbinger Of" behaviour when binded to left mouse button.
Currently it locks character in place, I see no reason why it's made like that.
This minion is very similar to a golem, probably it should have the same logic for binding, i.e. "if associated with LMB - cast only when 'hold in place' button is pressed"
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Oct 26, 2017, 10:54:05 PM
Please enable righteous lightning (degenerates mana to inflict lightning damage), and chaos and physical heralds. I know they were in your plans in the past, you have some work done for them, but you put them on a shelf for some other time.
well, that time is NOW!

The only good new active skill in Fall of Oriath was the Dark Pact (the others were cr*p, unable to carry you through red maps), and the ones for the War for Atlas can't have their spell damage upgraded. So, either make their spell damage upgradable, or get the new skills mentioned above, as their idea is very good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info