General Gem Discussion

Hello there GGG, i have completly fallen in love with the new skill Wild strike, but there's a huge problem with the skill, there is absolutely 0 reason to pick Wild strike over Reave, except for the fact that it is alot more fun to use. I have listed some things that make reave better and hopefully you will take a look at wildstrike so that i can be more on even footing with the all mighty (and boring) reave!

1. Reave does not require a target, so you can attack from a distance.
2. Reave does not convert our physical dmg, so leeching is 1000000 times better.
3. Reave has a much more reliable AoE effect, you know what you will get, and that is a really large cone of AoE in front of your character.
4. The mana scaling on Reave is far lower than that of Wild strike, which makes it a lot easier and more versatile.
5. And lastly, because reave has a very large AoE, it makes it better for, first of all damage, and second of all better for leeching/life gain on hit.
IGN: Aintgonnadie
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
flucser wrote:
Puncture <-- dosent work with 2hand Sword
Correct. I'll update the description to make this clear.

Is there a particular reason why it does not work with a two handed sword, because I have tried this before only to find that it doesn't work...
A two-handed sword can dismember an opponent to make them bleed; it's really terrible at making an enemy bleed from a thrust though. Big swords are for cleaving. Shortswords are for stabbing.
I noticed many ppl used physical build for farming instead spell/elemental or trap/mine build. The reason is quite simple, physical build extremely high base dps and base atk spd with low mana cost while spell/ele trap mine build need a ton of mana cost with lower dps.
Especially trap, mine build:
- Too low dmg even buff 80% with new gem more dmg trap mine more 30%, lightning trap and fire trap had low dps with bad throwing trap spd. Cant shotgun cant leech. Long cooldown and trap number limited.
- Same as trap problem and skill required laying under ur current place. It means u can get hit from monster is certainly.
- Passive node : Mine/trap dmg : 9% when spell and ele node 8-12% near shadow, scion, witch, templar why we need to active trap/mine node only 9%.
Solution:
- Buff up mine/trap nodes from 9% to 12-15%.
- Throwing trap/laying mine spd = some kind average of atkspd and cast spd. Less cooldown from lightning trap/fire trap/trap skill and mine.
- Adding trap/mine overlap to Node Clever construction: If ur limit trap/mine number is 6 and u threw 7th 8th 9th then ur 1st 2nd 3rd will auto trigger.
- Can use power charge instead trap/mine stock to spam skill.
- New gem Trap/mine throwing : lvl 1-20 : no damage penalty and 2% increase damage per lvl. Ur link trap/mine skill will become projectile and trigger when it hit target. So GMP and LMP will work with them.
About Items:
- Add dmg/ele dmg/chaos to spells option can be applied in ring/amulets
- Add Lifeleech/manaleech for spell/ele including items option. ( pre or suffix)
- Nerf critical/add dmg unique items for physical build.
Monster :
- Appear Physical resist monster.
- Buff up boss high resist to physical.
Thx for reading

Why Totems doesn't shows their Life on tooltip?
A potentially interesting idea for a new skill gem:
White Linking Gems that have to be of the same level to work, which can link 2 items' socket links with one another, while sacrificing one slot in each item to create the link.

To make multiple links possible, raw skill gems have to be colored via combining 2 raw white gems (white, so that they can be leveled in any slot but only used in a colored slot) with an Orb of Fusing and a random blue, red or green skill gem, which then recolors both link gems to the desired color.

This way, you can use all of the equipment pieces in linking combinations at the same time with the links clearly identifying which items are supposed to be linked with each other.

This will make for some potentially very powerful skill links (6+6-2=10 Link Skill or the likely more common 4+4-2=6 Link), so aside from sacrificing 2 socket slots per link it should probably also contain a damage penalty that decreases with higher gem level / quality. (which then only applies once per item and thus once per total link combination, hence the identical gem levels)
Freeze mine sucks balls, please make it drop at your current location

right now character runs to cursor location, such a waste of time, skill is obsolete.

I also wanted to throw it with support gem Trap, but heck i'd just be happy if it dropped at my feet.

Edit: oops, just read 1st page, apparently this is the wrong thread to post this...dont see a remove post button ,_, anyway byes xD
Last edited by morrello on Sep 23, 2015, 7:00:04 PM
Skills in this game are so boring and unimaginative.

All the skills have the exact same animation, which also happens to be the basic attack animation. But that's not what I'm sad about.

The skills themselves are just boring. They are the first things anyone would come up with within an hour while making a game. The only fun looking skills for me are Frost Blades and Wild Strike, both of which are not very useful unless built on specifically anyway. I'm especially sad about the fact that there are no dual wield specific skills, which is supposed to be the fastest moving choice among 2h and 1h-shield. I was expecting much more from Awakening. Did none of you play singleplayer games with swords in them?

Spells aren't much different either, of course. Every class has one animation, ant they do not make sense at all in context.

Seeing as noone is complaining about this, though, I don't have any hope to be taken seriously...

If I remove my Animate Guardian Gem from its socket will I lose all the equipment I gave to him?

I'm hoping to use some GCPs on it but I'm too scared to remove it!
He'll be fine, don't worry. If he doesn't show up immediately, simply Cast AG at an empty spot and he will appear as he had been. It's actually something of a tactic to unequip or weapon-swap the Guardian away in dangerous situations.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info