General Gem Discussion

The wiki is entirely written by players, the game is written by the devs. Game always trumps wiki.
Does Static Strike works with Concentrated Effect?
Tooltip damage won't change, 30 reduced aoe line appears.
"
Eliont wrote:
Does Static Strike works with Concentrated Effect?
Tooltip damage won't change, 30 reduced aoe line appears.
same "problem" as lightning strike, it can't show the damage of the secondary effects (which is melee hit that uses AoE modifiers instead).
Static Strike is also missing in the Skill Feedback Thread
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Why do strength skills have so few Vaal gem options compared to dex or int? Is this intentional because the Vaal were a bunch of sissymen who were not very big on strength-type moves, or was it just a design thing where nobody thought of satisfying enough ultimate style upgrades to strength abilities?

I would like to propose a Vaal Leap Slam, perhaps borrowing Vaal Lightning Warp's enemy repositioning gimmick, but leaving the character in the thick of it, stronk style. Start at point a, target some point b, player dashes to that location vacuuming in any enemies between point a and b before rocketing off into the sky and crashing back down at point a in a spectacular meteoric big boom of pain.
"
hTwo wrote:
Why do strength skills have so few Vaal gem options compared to dex or int? Is this intentional because the Vaal were a bunch of sissymen who were not very big on strength-type moves, or was it just a design thing where nobody thought of satisfying enough ultimate style upgrades to strength abilities?

I would like to propose a Vaal Leap Slam, perhaps borrowing Vaal Lightning Warp's enemy repositioning gimmick, but leaving the character in the thick of it, stronk style. Start at point a, target some point b, player dashes to that location vacuuming in any enemies between point a and b before rocketing off into the sky and crashing back down at point a in a spectacular meteoric big boom of pain.

Probably the devs just haven't got round to it yet. If anything, the enemies you find in Vaal areas suggest that the Vaal were very much into heavily-armoured bruisers, totems, and all things Strength-aligned. The Eternals were sissies by comparison.

Infernal Blow and some totem skills are prime candidates to get Vaal'd.
Last edited by Incompetent on Jan 8, 2015, 2:32:09 AM
Please consider to give Vaal Skills non-interruptible features. It is so annoying(and heartbreaking) casting Vaal Ice Nova in a pile of monsters and get interrupted by monster or movement.
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
Just a note on CoC. That you have to try hard to decrease your attack speed is just silly, and it is bad game design.
Primary reason I stopped playing the game:
I need to focus on my personal life.

Secondary reason I stopped playing the game:
The skill gem system overall.

I seriously miss D&D leveling systems, and the Diablo 2 leveling system, where my character and his or her skills grow in strength, and equipment only supplement my character's power.

I had a couple of main characters, but no way to get the skills I wanted without trading.
Ignorning the lack of availability for the skills I wanted... I'm playing (a)RPGs for the roleplaying part, and the skill gems create a disconnect between roleplaying and the skills my characters use, causing me to lose immersion.
If skill gems were a part of the character, and skill gems were rare supplements that could be put in rare slots to add new skills to your character... it'd not be as bad as when your character has no skills of his or her own, and gets everything from gear.

While the skill system did not make me quit, it one of the reasons I no longer feel tempted to play again.
Playing as a character with practically no combat ability...
but that are granted these skills by gems...
Using skills that are useless versus their enemies...
but are saved by the near unlimited power by support gems...

And this is not even debatable:
A character is useless without skill gems.
Skill gems are useless without support gems at higher levels.

I like the overall balance of the game, until the gem->support gem scaling goes over the top.
"
I seriously miss D&D leveling systems, and the Diablo 2 leveling system, where my character and his or her skills grow in strength, and equipment only supplement my character's power.

This only goes for D2 if all you ever play is a caster. Attackers heavily rely on gear to be worth a damn.

Anyways. It's too bad PoE couldn't connect as well as other games have! I hope you run into something more akin to your tastes :) PoE is way too far into development to change the Skill system dramatically, so it's never gonna work for you, I fear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info