General Gem Discussion

Don't know which forum/thread I should post this in, but anyway...

The linked skill/support gems in the first posts in the skill gem and support gem feedback forums have disappeared. Presumably this happened with the move to OB, I'm guessing because the leagues those gems were linked from no longer exist.

These gem links were very useful to me as they gave a comprehensive list of all skill and support gems available in the game. I could mouse over each gem and see how it worked and also see what quality did for the gem. Since many gems are random drops, having a comprehensive list somewhere was very useful.

Are there any plans to edit these posts to add the gems back in?

Thanks

(Yes I know the wiki exists, but I find having the gems linked from the forum more useful, easier to read).
I have been working on a mass summons witch build and I just got to act 2 where I am getting to use Summon Spectre. I used this skill to summon a Stygian Silverback. The ape comes back to life with all of his skills which includes his ability to summon apes from the trees. When he does this, instead of the apes fighting for the summoned spectre (and subsequently for me) the apes that are summoned are hostile and have to be killed off. Not sure if this is intended, just an oversight or what but felt I should drop that tidbit of info here.
I'm trying to do a melee character.

I'm using double strike with 1h sword and a shield. I love that build. My problem is when I jump into the middle of the mobs I have to single target everyone of them. It's not than I'm super lazy or something but in a full party as melee there is so much thing going on is incredibly hard to hit anyone.

My question is: Will you add the option to attack all the mobs surrounding us?

What I mean is, I'm using double strike and when i was surrounded by 3 mobs i would single target one of them and my attacks would change from target after it was dead for the closest mob. Another option would be for the attacks to spread(1st attack goes mob 1, 2nd goes mob 2, etc).

I mean something in the lines of the skill Zeal from the Paladin or Frenzy from the Barbarian (Diablo 2 reference)
Elemental vs Physical

auras:
3 for elemental damage
0 for physical damage

An aura like x - y physical damage with z% increase accuracy would be nice for the players that want to play physical characters.

That is one of the changes I believe would make physical more equal to elemental chars and eventually the game more fun.

I know this is not support gems.

Support Gems:
3 for added elemental damage.
0 for added physical damage.

There is no armour penetration support gem either.

Just trying to show at the moment the balance between physical and elemental is a bit off

"0 for added physical damage."
Except Iron Grip, Melee Physical and -On Full Life of course. :/

Additionally, the aura Hatred and support gem Added Fire are useless without solid Phyiscal damage. Eggs, basket, that kinda thing.
NOW I Know
I have 2 questions about the gem leveling system:

1) Is there somewhere (ingame or thread) where I can see how much the mana costs will raise for the next level?
2) If I dont want to upgrade a gem, is there a possibility to hide the upgrade sign which appears when a gem is close to level up and stays there until you upgrade it (on the upper right side of the screen)?

My ranger is starting to having some difficulties with the mana management:D.
Q9550@2.8Mhz, Zotac GTX 470 AMP!, 6GB Ram, Win7 64bit, 24"@1920x1200
weapons: Logitech G19 & Cyborg R.A.T 9
Last edited by Nord666 on Feb 8, 2013, 10:03:58 AM
"
Nord666 wrote:
I have 2 questions about the gem leveling system:

1) Is there somewhere (ingame or thread) where I can see how much the mana costs will raise for the next level?
2) If I dont want to upgrade a gem, is there a possibility to hide the upgrade sign which appears when a gem is close to level up and stays there until you upgrade it (on the upper right side of the screen)?

My ranger is starting to having some difficulties with the mana management:D.

1) not yet
2) right click the icon, game tells you this is how you dismiss the notification. to upgrade later after doing this, open inventory and look for one of the plus icons on bottom of window.
"
Laep wrote:
Elemental vs Physical

auras:
3 for elemental damage
0 for physical damage

An aura like x - y physical damage with z% increase accuracy would be nice for the players that want to play physical characters.

That is one of the changes I believe would make physical more equal to elemental chars and eventually the game more fun.

I know this is not support gems.

Support Gems:
3 for added elemental damage.
0 for added physical damage.

There is no armour penetration support gem either.

Just trying to show at the moment the balance between physical and elemental is a bit off

Agree with you, but there is nothing much to change, the whole game is wrapped itself into elemental madness. You can get more Elemental damage just by stacking physical so if you are godly phys dmg dealer you are even more godly when apply elemental damage like "Added fire damage". It's just stupid. I don't want to be magical freak, i want to be physical damage dealer, but in this game they are pushovers by ele damage.
can a mod please link the skill gems at the frontpage, since the move to open there are no links/links are redundant. I know its a big ask but new players cannot do that much without planning.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info