[3.5] Winter Orb CwC Ice Spear | MoM | Elementalist | Leaguestarter

I was following Ziz' guide until Act 9 but stumbled upon this. I don't think that build will be good for single target with just Winter Orb so going to transition into this slowly. Thx mate
Sorry for double posting. Any thoughts on Winds of Change gloves and Esh's Mirror shield?
Any reason for not having Frostbite or am I blind? Sorry, I never play caster builds but this looks very fun!
"
lightdshadows wrote:
Any reason for not having Frostbite or am I blind? Sorry, I never play caster builds but this looks very fun!

No dual curse and we're already using Warlord's Mark.
Last edited by Smoketreez on Dec 13, 2018, 9:26:31 PM
Sweet. Been looking for a build that would best utilize the staff I crafted.

This build seem like it could go full endgame?
Does the damage type to spells matter on the staff? probably a noob question but xD
Not sure if I understand the question but you want cold spell damage (that is spell damage + cold damage + elemental damage) if you want to increase the damage that you deal. Besides crit of course - I think it's better to scale crit in a crit build. At least until you are at a comfortable level. My crit chance is 35% right now (no power charge on critical weapon yet to is will go up) and it's starting to feel pretty good.

The problem I have is syndicate. Above tier 7 or 8 when I meet syndicate it's like there is no point even fighting them since it take forever to kill them, they constantly summon entire armies and they only need two shots to kill me.
Current gear:

So my question is - will getting the Warlord's Mark ring really help with survi that much? Because right now I can't even do syndicate unless it's a white map or I risk losing 3 or 4 portals. Sitting at 4300 HP right now which is pretty low - I will be getting all HP nodes now but I still don't feel like it's going to solve the "paperness". No map is really a problem - it's the syndicate that wrecks me. If there is just one guy - it's doable but 2+ and I'm done. I had to avoid it in my last couple maps - and that's no way to play a league.

Soooooo summing up - will that ring really help or I'm doing something else wrong, I'm too stupid to play this and I should just play righteous fire and turn my brain off?

"
This build seem like it could go full endgame?

There is a video on the first page with a Shaper kill so yeah - it can.

Oh and by the way - this staff is disgusting. The insanity.
Last edited by werchiel on Dec 14, 2018, 4:12:53 AM
Hello !

First of all, I'm loving this stuff and leveling was a piece of cake.
But, since I made it to map, the build fall down pretty hard even with some correct gear (Sarkonja +2 stage, Loreweave 6l, Warlord mark ring)

I know that my weapon sucks, but is that normal that I feel like hitting 2 on bosses ? (Trash are clean easy, but boss man.. Take forever, same for Einhar red beast)

Any suggestion for me ? I'm loving this build but it really suck for me to not be able to do bosses
Last edited by Lythorta on Dec 14, 2018, 7:28:05 AM
What's your crit strike chance? Crit builds don't really start feeling good until you get at least 30-35% crit chance. At least for me.

I checked your tree - I think you should start investing in jewel slots.
Last edited by werchiel on Dec 14, 2018, 7:50:44 AM
Crit chance on Winter orb is actually 26.6%, it feel indeed far from the 35% required

But your jewels give crit multi, how I am supposed to reach 35% then ?

edit : just boost it to 31 with Annihilation point
Last edited by Lythorta on Dec 14, 2018, 8:15:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info