[3.5] Winter Orb CwC Ice Spear | MoM | Elementalist | Leaguestarter

I think I'm gonna do this build.... Or sell the staff, not quite sure yet ^^
Hey, thanks to OP, great build and end game viable, uber elder down today.

Did this thing today with 50 jewellers and 28 fusings. I did it for fun, but then realized I could try and search for a build with it.
Yeah, the base is crap, but 6L and affixes are good, crafting 82-99% Spell damage next and will try out this build. Thanks in advance
I've had the urge for weeks to play this. So I bought a staff, which I thought I'd causally try to 6 link....then I linked it in 90 fuse
try to 6 link....then I linked it in 90 fuse

So away I go I guess lol

edit: ( had a 81 elementalist already, respeced her), build is legit. Picked up some pieces and did some crafting.

Still havnt set up support slots, mapping like a boss lol
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 13, 2019, 9:04:38 PM
nvm
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 13, 2019, 7:56:01 PM
Really Digging this build! I started playing this league New Years day and it's been Smooth Sailing.

Clear Speed is VERY GOOD, and I've had no single Target issues w/ Ice Spear. I feel a little squishy Sometimes (Betrayal/Syndicate) but I anticipate that changing with Gear. I'm just about ready to start looking for "Real" end game gear.
"
Obamah wrote:
Really Digging this build! I started playing this league New Years day and it's been Smooth Sailing.

Clear Speed is VERY GOOD, and I've had no single Target issues w/ Ice Spear. I feel a little squishy Sometimes (Betrayal/Syndicate) but I anticipate that changing with Gear. I'm just about ready to start looking for "Real" end game gear.

Pretty much my thoughts, which is why I went Kaoms boots and a rare helm w/ enchant. Also I prioritize Aspect of the Spider ( had to craft it on ammy)

For movement I got ( curse removal) quicksilver + manual Phase Run. Phase Run CD is up at same time it expires.
Hello everybody!
The build is awesome and really fast.
I tried to make some modifications: I use 2 curses(Enfeeble for less damage and Frostbite for -cold res and freeze) + Mark of the Warlord on the ring (3-rd curse, but it works quite often).
Sometimes thinking about changing Enfeeble for Temporal Chains.
Maps clearing for all maps till T15 is no problem at all.
But I have some problems with boss killing and Syndicate on high levels: I'm duying quite fast (5300hp and ~500ES).
What do you think: if I remove 1 curse (Frostbite for example) and re-spec skills for "Mind over Matter", will it really help?

And totally another question: does anybody tried to make this build with Void Battery?
I had one VB from my BV assasin, bought Voll's Protector Holy Chainmail (+power charge on critical strike) and tried some maps (8 power charges permanently it's +320% spell damage from 1 VB). With lot's of critical strike improvements this must kill everything from one breath, but... it feels like I had more DPS with "classical" build. And I totally don't understand why.
Maybe there are some issues with VB, which I don't know?
"
Mendorrussia wrote:
Hello everybody!
The build is awesome and really fast.
I tried to make some modifications: I use 2 curses(Enfeeble for less damage and Frostbite for -cold res and freeze) + Mark of the Warlord on the ring (3-rd curse, but it works quite often).
Sometimes thinking about changing Enfeeble for Temporal Chains.
Maps clearing for all maps till T15 is no problem at all.
But I have some problems with boss killing and Syndicate on high levels: I'm duying quite fast (5300hp and ~500ES).
What do you think: if I remove 1 curse (Frostbite for example) and re-spec skills for "Mind over Matter", will it really help?

And totally another question: does anybody tried to make this build with Void Battery?
I had one VB from my BV assasin, bought Voll's Protector Holy Chainmail (+power charge on critical strike) and tried some maps (8 power charges permanently it's +320% spell damage from 1 VB). With lot's of critical strike improvements this must kill everything from one breath, but... it feels like I had more DPS with "classical" build. And I totally don't understand why.
Maybe there are some issues with VB, which I don't know?

If you have to ask if it would work with Void Battery, you probably don't understand the build. That would mean mean no pseudo 7 or 8 link which would kill your dps. May as well play reg Winter Orb.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 14, 2019, 8:18:34 AM
Maybe I don't understand, but I moved all the gems into body and still have the same config with Ice Spear.
Or VB gives boots only to spells/gems, soceted into it, not the entire damage boost?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info