[3.7] Agony Deliverance Tank. Bosses evaporated by scorpion friend

"
Boltonsquads wrote:
"
B3ngtson wrote:
I don't really feel the need for the 2 projectiles enchant. Switched to a bone helmet for the implicit. PoB has some problems calculating the -resist, but I think it's pretty valuable for the spec.

I've tried both and the Bone Helmet offers significantly less damage than the enchant, best thing to do is to buy the 2 projectile base and fossil craft your own, which is what I did:

How do you calculate it? PoB is always giving me lower DPS for the enchant compared to the 40% increased damage. And based on feelings it felt like a damage increase with the bone helmet - but this sure can be subjective.
How do you deal with chaos damage?
"
B3ngtson wrote:

How do you calculate it? PoB is always giving me lower DPS for the enchant compared to the 40% increased damage. And based on feelings it felt like a damage increase with the bone helmet - but this sure can be subjective.

Well lets take a case where the crawler attacks for 3 seconds and then shoots a mortor then the dps would be

With enchant

Tail Spike = 1,682,525 x 3 = 5,047,575

Mortor shot = 278,634 x 8 = 2,229,072 (1 motor barrage not DPS)

Total damage Delt = 7,276,647

With bone Helm

Tail Spike = 1,744,783 x 3 = 5,234,349

Mortor shot = 288,945 x 6 = 1,733,670 (1 motor barrage not DPS)

Total Damage Delt = 6,968,019

A few seconds of attacking and then a mortor that kills the target is pretty typical in boss fights but the numbers are pretty close. The damage increase from no helm to bone helm is small enough that it shouldn't really be noticeable either in just regular play

Extra projectiles on the tail spike improve clear and chance of hitting certain targets. Gaining smoothness and gaining DPS are often hard to distinguish as either will result in better clearspeed
WaffleT, This build has been awesome. Every league I end up with 3 or 4 characters between 80-85 either because they are glass cannons and I die too much to level any further or I just get bored and start a new one at that point.

After over 2700 hours played this is the first build that I have stuck with, and survived enough, to finally hit 90. It's got great defenses, great dps, and a play style that I find both active enough to not get bored while not being so active that it starts to feel like a chore to play it. Awesome job! I'm really tempted to try your Zombie witch now, but think I might stick it out with this one for a while as I still have plenty to do for upgrading it.

Spoiler

im just do this but already dont need...

"
justhellhound wrote:

im just do this but already dont need...

Thanks for the body, I didn't "need" it but had the currency to waste after getting Atziri's Acuity drop yesterday

2.8M PoB damage now, would love to push it to 3M somehow.

Ehehe at that point it should be really difficult to get more damage without insane fine tuning (like jewelry corruption, for example).
Last edited by djnat on Jan 7, 2019, 4:48:39 AM
"
Boltonsquads wrote:
2.8M PoB damage now, would love to push it to 3M somehow.]

+2 Level to Socketed Aura Gems Corruption on gloves would be something to consider. 200k will still be rough, tho.
Last edited by B3ngtson on Jan 7, 2019, 6:56:24 AM
"
B3ngtson wrote:
"
Boltonsquads wrote:
2.8M PoB damage now, would love to push it to 3M somehow.]

+2 Level to Socketed Aura Gems Corruption on gloves would be something to consider. 200k will still be rough, tho.

I'll have a look at those thanks!
Double corruption with +1 socketed gems is also possible. +3 to Hatred and Generosity is a nice boost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info