3.8 Harmageddon's Icingdeath Cold Snap / Vortex build

"
Insomniask wrote:
You can use elemental focus, you know. Missing in all ur gem links
Im aware, i dont want to use elemental focus. Freeze and chill is a huge part of the build and massively increases surviveability.
Why you ignored my question?(
"
Shell952 wrote:
Why trickster? Why not occ or some scion combination?

I apologize! I did not see this at first. The reason i went trickster is because it has an amazing toolkit for clear speed and bossing. (Power/Frenzy charges for increased map speed and more critical hit procs to keep ele overload active). I also love the huge 50% DoT dmg node on the trickster ascendancy, as well as the free movement skills, and mana restoration (since we are rotating between cold snap, frost bomb, and vortex, and movement, we restore mana alot with this, which supports mind over matter alot). The build feels very solid and practical with Trickster. I love occultist, but as a league start, i ideally avoid ES builds, and occultist heavily favors an ES setup. Scion could probably work too, but i dont like it very much! It's all personal preference tbh.
"
H4RM4G3DD0N wrote:
"
Shell952 wrote:

I apologize! I did not see this at first. The reason i went trickster is because it has an amazing toolkit for clear speed and bossing. (Power/Frenzy charges for increased map speed and more critical hit procs to keep ele overload active). I also love the huge 50% DoT dmg node on the trickster ascendancy, as well as the free movement skills, and mana restoration (since we are rotating between cold snap, frost bomb, and vortex, and movement, we restore mana alot with this, which supports mind over matter alot). The build feels very solid and practical with Trickster. I love occultist, but as a league start, i ideally avoid ES builds, and occultist heavily favors an ES setup. Scion could probably work too, but i dont like it very much! It's all personal preference tbh.

Thanks for the answer! I see, a lot of QoL improvements over other ascs, so i'll stick with trickster too. Playing this build rn, feels smooth, levels fast, thanks for the guide!
"
Shell952 wrote:
"
H4RM4G3DD0N wrote:
"
Shell952 wrote:

Thanks for the answer! I see, a lot of QoL improvements over other ascs, so i'll stick with trickster too. Playing this build rn, feels smooth, levels fast, thanks for the guide!

Thanks man! I will be leveling and playing/streaming actively via Xbox starting today, if you need any help on PC lemme know, ive got a 5 link shiver / 5 link carcass jack i plan to give away when i hit specific follower counts!
Got really disappointing with the current patch, tried hiero, tried scion for a bit, but new rewamped spells (like ice spear) seems to fail hard. Will probably try your build as last one and quit.

Question: how would arctic breath work with your build?
"
H4RM4G3DD0N wrote:
"
Insomniask wrote:
Im aware, i dont want to use elemental focus. Freeze and chill is a huge part of the build and massively increases surviveability.

Only the initial hit can't freeze or chill. You're giving up the highest more damage support gem available for this.
"
"
H4RM4G3DD0N wrote:
"
Insomniask wrote:

Only the initial hit can't freeze or chill. You're giving up the highest more damage support gem available for this.

Interesting. Im going to have to test that out, if that is the case, thats a huge DPS gain.
This looks pretty strong from having a look at your previous broadcasts on Twitch. When do you usually stream?
"
m0onknight wrote:
This looks pretty strong from having a look at your previous broadcasts on Twitch. When do you usually stream?

I will be streaming xbox league all day once it firee off. I stream daily though. Varying times.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info