Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

Is there any certain absolute way of calculating dps of Icestorm?
@vultai @solax @Jonxxpl Thanks for the info guys! Do you think the charge from doedre's elixer is worth using to increase survival and prolong Immortal Call?
"
Vultai wrote:

Not really, there is a Firestorm DPS calculator spreadsheet floating around out there, that can easily be converted to Ice Storm. Anything you use is going to be a gross estimation, since there are so many variables. Variables like the size of the enemy hitbox, the mobility of the enemy, etc.
"
Breken wrote:
"
Vultai wrote:

Not really, there is a Firestorm DPS calculator spreadsheet floating around out there, that can easily be converted to Ice Storm. Anything you use is going to be a gross estimation, since there are so many variables. Variables like the size of the enemy hitbox, the mobility of the enemy, etc.

I see. I'm still on the fence about this build. Hearing it's hard to die is great, especially with how Rippy the Syndicate are. I just want to make sure It's survivable against syndicate/endgame i guess, and has the damage say, to handle everything thrown at it.
Last edited by Vultai on Jan 1, 2019, 9:57:01 PM
I'm on 83, still didn't do uber lab(didn't find all the keys), i'm at 7,4k ES, 1440 int and i have 2x 5-linked 6 slot WI.

1 is for bosses and is a RGGBBB with Hypothermia, cold pen, WO,CwC,life leech. concentrated effect outside the link.
The other one is GGBBB with Cascade outside the link and GMP,Cold pen,WO,CwC and concentrated effect.
Should i switch any of those gems on my weapons? I'm in doubt specially in the case of Hypothermia in the second one. Should i try to replace it with a Controlled Destruction one? Should i really worry about using blood rage, because i didn't start just yet and i'm not having any problems at all yet.

Resist: 75% on all 3, using one 9% all resist jewel atm. Without it i go 73-75% resist.

Skill-wise: Discipline+Artic Armor + Herald of Ice. Should i change them? Why and in which case?

Also, some tips for flasks for when i go to shaper and uber lab please.

Thanks.
Last edited by innova3 on Jan 2, 2019, 12:50:34 AM
"
Nephentus wrote:
So why my clear speed and dps with add colds damage much more better when with hypo?))) Just try it)) Not all the time path building is correct... With hypo bosses die so long, with cold damage for a few seconds... And hypo give only chill effect... and 40% damage for chill enemies.... Damage over time dont work whit this build write? cause if it work so it about 80%... But where over time damage where?) I have for now only 1700 int and the add cold damage much more better than hypo, i advice to use it, maybe in 2000 int it would be better hypo but iam not sure, when i test it with 2000 i write here...

Obviously, we just don't care about cold damage over time, so what? It's still 2x better damage than "added cold damage".
Also, it's not even about PoB, i gave you calculation that i made myself "on paper", they are pretty basic, so there is no way it is wrong.
I will still try your setup with "added cold", but not because i think that there is a possibility of calculation being wrong... but because there is possiblity that with new patch developers fucked up and removed 30% multi for added damage by accident.
Nevertheless, even if it would be true, it would be in the realm of "bug" and need to be reported and patched.
Your clear speed could be better with added cold damage, not because of Icestorm but because of Winter orb (since your added cold damage is linked to Winter orb). Winter orb damage effectiveness is 60% which is much better, so it's possible that with added cold damage winter orb triggers herald of ice explosions more often, thus you get better clear speed.
Last edited by AsbelFar on Jan 2, 2019, 4:51:48 AM
If you were wondering where the 6 link crafting recipe is found:

Unfortunately Aul was not present in that Primeval Ruins biome. Looking at the mods of the biome i am happy he wasn't there. Those were most brutal mods i have encounter this league in the mines up till now.

Going down to 600, currently at 457, the build feels tanky and for the moment is cruising through the mines with no problem. At same depth last league with the Ascendant fire version was a bit harder to stay alive so i can confirm that this version is tank-yer than the Ascendant fire one.

We'll share some more thoughts after i pass 500 depth where things get even more brutal... :)

Last edited by lilianmarius on Jan 2, 2019, 8:15:34 AM
So in 3.5, how's the performance hit with WI? I've read horror stories of even the beefiest GPU's dropping to single digit FPS with WI. I'm on a 1060, and want to enjoy smooth gameplay, so how's it fair now?
So, I'm just sitting here and thinking - can we still use scorching ray with the occultist?
PoB said that it's doable, at least with my gear, and I will get around 40% more average hit dmg and scorching ray DoT damage on top of that without trading anything (even getting insane mana regen with my gear to keep lvl20 SR constantly up), even the freezes, cause we still chill everyone by chilled ground. ALSO that way I will have one free gem socket, where I can put enlighten for even more free mana, and, possible, clarity for future es for clarity watcher's eye.
PoB link

Am I missing something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info