[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
"
Kelvynn wrote:
I just did an unid rare T8 map, and I'm sure it had ele reflect: I noticed that I was taking damage even when hitting frozen mobs. It wasn't anything drastic, but my ES was going down in uneven chunks, i.e. it was hit damage, not DoT. So then I ported out, switched to Yugul and grabbed 4 Sapphire flasks. After that I was able to easily outleech that reflect. It probably wasn't the top tier reflect since the map was yellow, but I don't even have the boot leech enchantment yet, just LL in my staff and a 1-mod Watcher's Eye. Didn't need to use Sibyl's Lament either.

Looks like reflect won't be a problem.

Haha

I had two ele reflect maps and the same effect.
And no watchers eye.
BUT then i had the problem if there are mobs frozen and die and no other mobs come in and then come 1 syndicate or big yellow mob i am dead. it takes to long to leech in that situation. Also the channel boss. As i cant stop icestorm i died since there wasnt mobs to leech and the boss i cant leech.

AND watchers eye is really expensive. (4,5 ex atm)

I've done the higher tier reflect now too. It's more sketchy, especially when there is the Syndicate. But that's if you don't care to swap a ring. If you wear

then reflect becomes a non-issue. This ring + Yugul + Sapphire is all you ever need, even if you don't have Watcher's Eye.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
POGGERS!

/happy dance

Gz. I have not Played delve league. What fossils do i Need to craft a helmet like that?
"
Naramie_VI wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
POGGERS!

/happy dance

Gz. I have not Played delve league. What fossils do i Need to craft a helmet like that?

Frigid + Dense. This is pretty much the same as I had in 3.4 for the fire version:

Hitting T1 Int is the hard part.

I guess lucky :D. Any ideas how to use this in the best way, or should I sell it?
Last edited by Nerthazul on Dec 21, 2018, 2:04:58 PM
"
Nerthazul wrote:

I guess lucky :D. Any ideas how to use this in the best way, or should I sell it?

People have been reccomending either Frostbite + Enfeeble or WM + Enfeeble for a two curse setup.
Shaper down!
He was not hard with this build at all, and this was my very first attempt at doing Shaper, like... ever.

Two portals remained, even.

So I am at lv91 (brought down from the brink of lv92 like 4 times today), and my experience:

1) Rare/Vaal t16 betrayal packs CAN one-shot you, especially fortifications. VERY risky, I just avoid those unless I am fully leveled, and fresh at around 0-10% xp.

2) Regular clearspeed and bosskill speed is a breeze. Faster casting is a godsend with flame dash though.

Have 10k es, 1.84k int, btw.

I still need a corrupted cyclopean coil, a 30% craft for the base chest or the helm (I mean the bestiary corruption one, hopefully that stacks with innate +quality modifiers).... and I today just grabbed a Watcher's eye , which, surprise, was NOT the "solution" to reflect. Then I realized that YUGUL spec exists, how freaking stupid I was for ignoring that... I even got a Sybil, but that wont even be needed with the Yugul pantheon, I think.

This is a great, fast build (chimera went down multiple times, once I completely ripped to him six times though because I thought I should dps the clouds, not walk through them... :P), the only problem is annoying incursion clearspeeds, but that is it.

Delving is also very great.

Only big downside: no matter how low I bring the settings, spell cascade, when fullscreening (i.e. not just focusing on one spot) brings down my freshly bought rx590 to its knees. The stacking shader quickly eats at the card's bandwidth, and it goes down to 30fps. Very annoying, I do not even bother with spell cascade anymore, because of this.)

My gear as of now:

Last edited by Oldern365 on Dec 21, 2018, 4:24:11 PM
Hi, to anyone interested i got inspired by this build and made a different version, it use almost full unique and convert some of the damage to chaos thanks to incandescent heart( using cwc wither, nice synergy with new occultist node), also provide some ES on hit with spell with 2 fenumus set pieces.
I'm currently testing in standard since i'll probably will skip this league, killed shaper and all guardians.

https://pastebin.com/xiF9J15N

The only legacy gear is perandus signet,could be replaced with a corrupted one, the rest of my gear is nothing special.
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
Last edited by crazyjake on Dec 21, 2018, 6:16:43 PM
Working up my Atlas, buying cheap corrupted red maps people sell for cheap, just did this one:

Yugul, swapped Herald for Purity (took out Bonechill to have some free mana too), brought Sapphire flasks and kept Fortify up. No problems with Syndicate and trash, but used Vaal Discipline on the boss. Still didn't need to use Sibyl's Lament.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 21, 2018, 6:42:46 PM
hi guys, currently at lvl 58 with this build, works pretty nicely. One question: Am I the only one who has some mana regen problems? I Arctic Armour, Discipline and HoI running, which caps my mana a lot, which isn't that big of a problem. I am at 100 Mana to work with, which goes low pretty fast when spaming my WO - is it normal that i have to chug a mana potion everytime I fight something that I can't oneshot? As soon as the mana is full the mana flask effect is gone and i have to pop another one which is kinda annoying. Is there a passive that will fix that problem in the future?
"
iSiarra wrote:
hi guys, currently at lvl 58 with this build, works pretty nicely. One question: Am I the only one who has some mana regen problems? I Arctic Armour, Discipline and HoI running, which caps my mana a lot, which isn't that big of a problem. I am at 100 Mana to work with, which goes low pretty fast when spaming my WO - is it normal that i have to chug a mana potion everytime I fight something that I can't oneshot? As soon as the mana is full the mana flask effect is gone and i have to pop another one which is kinda annoying. Is there a passive that will fix that problem in the future?

Use level 1 WO and the mana cost is negligible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info