[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Karp_490 wrote:
You said 4x Fertile mind, i can see where two would be useful, next to charisma, and above vaal pact, but where are you suggesting i put the other two?

There's a list of where to put these in the leveling guide section (2nd post on page 1) under Lv70-91.
Can anyone help me understand the Ascendancy choices? I'm having a hard time seeing how 4 ascendancy points for "Can't be frozen" and 20% cold pen is worth it. Wouldn't it be better to get Profane Bloom and maybe Malediction?

With Profane Bloom you can drop herald of ice for less mana reservation and maybe use blasphemy, and the non chaos as extra chaos from malediction could be nice I think.
"
Karp_490 wrote:
You said 4x Fertile mind, i can see where two would be useful, next to charisma, and above vaal pact, but where are you suggesting i put the other two?

Here you are..

"
malachia wrote:
Can anyone help me understand the Ascendancy choices? I'm having a hard time seeing how 4 ascendancy points for "Can't be frozen" and 20% cold pen is worth it. Wouldn't it be better to get Profane Bloom and maybe Malediction?

With Profane Bloom you can drop herald of ice for less mana reservation and maybe use blasphemy, and the non chaos as extra chaos from malediction could be nice I think.

Kelvynn probably chose those 2 Ascendancy notable with end game in mind were every piece of damage counts.

Curses against bosses are not so important because they are mitigated while on the other hand - 20% cold damage means at least %20 more damage against end game bosses. Also we can get +1 curse from new veiledchest craftable mod or even from corrupted Astramentis if we really want to go on endgame for 2 courses.

Perma Imune to chill and freeze is a QoL improvement, personally I like to be permanently imune to every ailments and also stun which for a CI char are kinda a "must".

Also don't underestimate 10% less damage from hits of chilled enemies. This can make the difference between life and death in a Shaper/Uber Elder/Aul fight
Last edited by lilianmarius on Dec 20, 2018, 11:24:49 AM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
Karp_490 wrote:

Here you are..

Ahh ok, its as i thought, the top left two fertile mind, only convert 10 dexterity. I think id be better off using a rare jewel in those two places with 24 int and cold damage/ES
"
Karp_490 wrote:
Ahh ok, its as i thought, the top left two fertile mind, only convert 10 dexterity. I think id be better off using a rare jewel in those two places with 24 int and cold damage/ES

Actually, they stack. So those two jewels are giving +30 Int each from their nearby Dex nodes. You can see this in-game. If you mouse over a node overlapped by two Fertile Minds, it says +20 Int instead of +10.
Mhm, i have tested a Jade Flask ... and maybe it's a defence option? The 3k Evasion with all our buffs become ~>8k Evasion ... so we have ~35% Chance to Evade
"
lilianmarius wrote:
Also don't underestimate 10% less damage from hits of chilled enemies. This can make the difference between life and death in a Shaper/Uber Elder/Aul fight

Just saying that malediction route also have 10% less damage, and it also have easier activation trigger (enemy have a curse), although difference between those triggers is minimal, but malediction one still better.
"
malachia wrote:

Let's do a comparison.

On the Frigid Wake branch, you get (including minor nodes):
- 10% increase cold damage
- 16% increased max energy shield
- 20% reduced enemy cold res
- 20% reduced enemy chaos res (small boost with Atziri's Promise active)
- 100% reduced enemy life regen (useful for red beasts, temple rares, and syndicate encounters)
- Cannot be chilled or frozen (great quality of life)
- 10% reduced damage for chilled enemies
- Freeze non-uniques every 4 seconds, and unreliably freeze bosses

On the Malediction path, you get:
- 16% increased max energy shield
- 25% increased curse effectiveness
- Curses can apply to hexproof enemies
- Profane Bloom explosions
- Additional curse
- Extra chaos damage for 4 seconds on kill
- Malediction (enemies deal 10% reduced damage and take 10% increased damage)

So the energy shield bonuses are equal. The Malediction bonus is about the same as Frigid Wake's reduced damage and Void Beacon's reduced Cold res.

Profane Bloom is great, and it lets us drop HoI, but you have to run a curse with Blasphemy for it to work well. That means bumping up mana reservation to 95%. Maybe you get around that by switching the chest setup to Blasphemy-Enfeeble-Enlighten-Discipline-Arctic Armour?

The extra chaos damage is not useful for most bosses, only mapping, and we don't really need the damage there.
"
lilianmarius wrote:
5L - Winter Orb/CwC/GMP/Cold Penetration/Controlled Destruction
1L - Spell Cascade

Can you explain me why are you even using spell cascade?
Any trash will be cleared with winter orb anyway, and those rares that won't be easily cleared with WO alone will be better without spellcascade and its reducing damage.

Why not just go for pseudo single-target setup with damage gem or just leech. You can even leave that socket blank, and it will still be better than spell cascade.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info