[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
NoImagination wrote:
Does utmost might convert the 7% too, or just the 70 nodes? I assume the latter.

Yes it seems that only flat Strength is converted. Nevertheless going down to convert Strength in this cluster is a good idea.
Does anyone know what with kelvyn is ?

I hope he's ok and in holiday or something like that

or he is so frustrated from the new melee league that he make a break for that league.
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Jun 6, 2019, 4:13:59 PM
Praise for Kelvynn, let's hope he is alright and just forgot about the league start.

Is there any consensus yet about which class is the best league starter in HC? I remember I had a quite hard time last season as occultist, now with the additional nerfs to WO and Occu, it might be even more difficult. When I played Scion a few seasons ago, the easy access to Life on the skill tree made it at least quite easy to reach maps..
musing things.. how do you guys feel about dropping WO/cwc for Single Target (2nd staff) while adding unleash and spell cascade instead & casting icestorm directly? hard time calculating dps, but just tested in std and mechanics seem really nice. its a near instant triple cast +2 ( I think the +2 doesnt get trebled, not sure), and it recharges in a second or 2 making it work mechanically like a dot.. ie cast once then run around dodging or whatever while heavy storm falls in pretty large area.

also thinking about cyclone cwc for ice storm and on defense side blasphemy +slow and the new frostblink with bonechill and hypothermia amongst other supports to create very heavy chill, extra damage and escape...

there are soo many ways to go with this build now...
have finally gotten used to the lab... I dont hate it anymore.:)
"
NoImagination wrote:
Is it worth going Wicked Ward + Essence Surge still?

The downside on WW seems really, really steep; I'm not sure it's worth it at all. Thoughts anyone?

"
Xirgu wrote:
how do you guys feel about dropping WO/cwc for Single Target (2nd staff) while adding unleash and spell cascade instead & casting icestorm directly?

Hand-casting Icestorm costs All The Mana with a bunch of links. I don't think there's enough sustain for that even with old Warlord's Mark...
"
lilianmarius wrote:

A more realistic approach for lv 100 Inquisitor/Occultist using Kelvynn's gear from last league (nothing extremely fancy, no Watcher's Eye with Clarity max ES, no Dense Fossil armour crafts except helm suffix of -cold resistance , no Emperor Mastery jewel, no OP Shaper ammulet)

Pastebin code for Path of Building : https://pastebin.com/1W5sPpMn

The chest in this setup has 7 links to cast both curses. That seems problematic. We'd drop Blind, presumably? Or unlink Herald from the chest and put it elsewhere?
"
HUSOZERFICKER wrote:
Praise for Kelvynn, let's hope he is alright and just forgot about the league start.

Is there any consensus yet about which class is the best league starter in HC? I remember I had a quite hard time last season as occultist, now with the additional nerfs to WO and Occu, it might be even more difficult. When I played Scion a few seasons ago, the easy access to Life on the skill tree made it at least quite easy to reach maps..

There are nodes to leech ES from spell damage (so you can leech both life and ES), so I actually felt safer to level in HC last league (though it is better to be cautious in area with lots of chaos damage before switching to CI. I died to monsters dealing chaos damage in delve city after doing some maps :-( ).

I didn't do merciless lab before the map, so the nerf doesn't hurt leveling too much.
"
Kirian42 wrote:
"
lilianmarius wrote:

A more realistic approach for lv 100 Inquisitor/Occultist using Kelvynn's gear from last league (nothing extremely fancy, no Watcher's Eye with Clarity max ES, no Dense Fossil armour crafts except helm suffix of -cold resistance , no Emperor Mastery jewel, no OP Shaper ammulet)

Pastebin code for Path of Building : https://pastebin.com/1W5sPpMn

The chest in this setup has 7 links to cast both curses. That seems problematic. We'd drop Blind, presumably? Or unlink Herald from the chest and put it elsewhere?

Put Herald elsewhere, we have enough free sockets now that we don't use Blood Rage and/or Immortal Call
Last edited by lilianmarius on Jun 7, 2019, 1:54:59 AM
"
lilianmarius wrote:

Put Herald elsewhere, we have enough free sockets now that we don't use Blood Rage and/or Immortal Call

? Vaal Immortal Call looks useful. And with the default 3 endurance charges, 80% less physical damage is nothing to sneeze at. Might just mean we use Enduring Cry.

I suspect we'll use Steelskin early on, then switch to Vaal Immortal Call.

Oh, right, CWDT can't trigger Vaal skills. Ugh. Maybe CWDT > Enduring Cry > Immortal Call ?

Lol, that doesn't work either. Too easy, I suppose. Well 35% less damage of any kind is still better than nothing. (Forget I said anything about Vaal IC.)
Last edited by Graiaule on Jun 7, 2019, 3:01:49 AM
"
Kirian42 wrote:
"
NoImagination wrote:
Is it worth going Wicked Ward + Essence Surge still?

The downside on WW seems really, really steep; I'm not sure it's worth it at all. Thoughts anyone?

"
Xirgu wrote:
how do you guys feel about dropping WO/cwc for Single Target (2nd staff) while adding unleash and spell cascade instead & casting icestorm directly?

Hand-casting Icestorm costs All The Mana with a bunch of links. I don't think there's enough sustain for that even with old Warlord's Mark...

In my opinion Wicked Ward downside is too big to even think about it and instead of spending points on Essence surge to counter balance we can use those points elsewhere.

Regarding selfcast it was discussed many times, selfcast Icestorm is inferior to CWC variant due to mana cost and locking us in place to selfcast.

I will probably decide on choosing Ascendant this league and going for
Inquisitor/Occultist combo, it seems the best balance between offence and defence.

One positive thing this league is that finally Molten Strike was nerfed to the ground so all those rich HOWA MS mofo-ers who were competing with us on most of the end gear parts and who kept the prices high will be less and probably the prices for these items will be lowered.

Now that ES and Occultist were nerfed Intelligence become even more important so we need to squeeze the max out of it by getting as much Intelligence as possible from tree to counter balance ES lost.
Last edited by lilianmarius on Jun 7, 2019, 3:38:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info