[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Thiaga wrote:
"
lilianmarius wrote:

Lv 95 already lol, never was easier for solo leveling then this league due to Nexus areas filled with mobs which pose no threat to this build!

1937 INT and 10.200 ES, things start to get together, only map drops seem a bit worse only managed to fill the atlas up to Tier 14 so far!

can you give me some advice please ? i'm stuck 1500 int / 8000 ES

I'm not lilianmarius, but real quick I might suggest that your chest is due for an upgrade, 400 ES is way low if you want big ES numbers.

Also, your next skill point could probably go in the +30 Dex node below your Fertile Mind-- that's an easy +30 Int.

Hope that helps
another patch where cascade is unfixed :/
tried doing grandmasters... needless to see the GC miner is offscreening me like mad. don't see this happening without spell cascade
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
So I picked up a decent shaper ammy. Havent divined 12% attributes and it gives me 20 more int and 10% increased dmg per hit of ice storm. Guessing this is worth it over Astramentis even if I have to use a skill point for str/dex and get some on gear and lower some gem levels?

+30 to Intelligence
--------
+8 to Intelligence
Adds 8 to 15 Physical Damage to Attacks
10% increased Attributes
1% increased Damage per 15 Intelligence
+13 to all Attributes (crafted)

Has an open suffix and prefix, is there anything better to craft than +13 attributes?

Never, NEVER use the word "increase" in poe community, unless you are talking about modifiers that contain "increase".

If you got 10% more damage with ammu, that's great. If you got 10% increase, than that's literally nothing.

P.S. I don't know if it worth it,it's really hard to get those stats. 90 str and 80 dex isn't exactly something that you can solve with just couple of skill points.
Especially considering how little int you have. Lets say it that way, the lower your level, and the lower your int, the better is astramentis over shaper ammu.
Leave it alone right now, think about it when you are 90 lvl. At that time it might be worth to connect your skill tree to scion, and use pure talent jewel too.

is 10% average damage per hit considered increased or more?
YEA !!!!!

Did some maps totday and got 12 maps back 5 with higher tier. so the map change was this morning good for me :-)

As as question.

There where some diskussion to energy leech. I dont use it now for trash and it feels a bit clunky. but most ppl in this thread say its not needed. do we need it for boss ? Since i had no maps higher as 11 i dont really had problems with bosses.

the second problem is that this fuckin league is all about movement speed. I have 30 ms boots and 2 flasks sometimes 3 flasks. But in indoor areas i cant do 4 stabilizer as if you choose one time false direction its over.
sometimes i cant do 3 stabilizer areas if there are indoor.
is there something i can do better? or some trick i dont know.

Normaly i run left or rigt in 2 stabilizer strait forward.

but if i run left or right in a circle most time there is then a message that one stabilizer is gone. And i dont kill so i have no idea what i can do to be faster.

ironically are incusions with the trick to not wait to tune down the mobs and run only through and let icerain kill them no prob since then.

So perhaps here also a trick ?

used over 600 chromes and dont get the 2 green staff. used it with the recipe to have 2 grenn sockets also with the normaly chrome spam also with the jeweller method.

i must lought as i saw illinaius post. with that gear and that time to play in beginning of league AND unbelievable rng (ex and koaom drop) he has gear i normally have end of league or never :-)

but gz and year i never lvl that fast in a league with so less death, so i am at 86 i normaly have after a month.
"
Thiaga wrote:
"
lilianmarius wrote:

Lv 95 already lol, never was easier for solo leveling then this league due to Nexus areas filled with mobs which pose no threat to this build!

1937 INT and 10.200 ES, things start to get together, only map drops seem a bit worse only managed to fill the atlas up to Tier 14 so far!

dont take illinarius as your refference.

He has gear normally no one can get. Also Kelvyn has normaly not that gear and did the last leagues all challenges himself.

Illi is a good reference WHAT this build can reach. but not what YOU can get.

I have in standard not that gear what he has in a normal league :-)
"
Thiaga wrote:
"
lilianmarius wrote:

If you want higher Intelligence and ES values, there were, there are and there will always be some simple rules to be followed with this build:

start mode:
-make sure your Staff/Staves has/have 18% increased Intelligence;
-get T1-T2 Intelligence (50+ Intelligence at least) on chest, helm, boots, gloves, rings (make sure you also have decent ES for every piece of your armour);
-get Cyclopean Coil belt with 15% increased Attributes;
-get Astramentis as necklace (good roll ~ 90+ is recommended);
-get and use with tree skill points as many Brute Force/Fertile Minds jewels with decent roll (22+ Intelligence) as your level allows it: we can have about 5 Brute Force/Fertile Minds socketed now in our tree up to level 92-93;
-buy and socket Might of the Meek jewel on socket above Witch start.

advanced mode(starting to get a bit expensive):
on top of start recommendations to get even more Intelligence and ES you can do:

-buy or corrupt yourself a Cyclopean Coil belt (with 15% increased attributes) with 4-6% increased Intelligence corrupted implicit;
-buy or corrupt yourself rings (with T1 Intelligence) with 4-6% increased Intelligence corrupted implicit.

end-game mode(expensive/very expensive):
on top of previous start and advanced recommendations you can do:

-buy or corrupt yourself Astramentis with 4-6% increased Intelligence corrupted implicit/buy or craft yourself Shaper amulet with + Intelligence, %increased Attributes, + to Attributes;
-buy Emperor's Wit (6% increased Intelligence) and Emperor's Mastery (7% increased Attributes) unique Lab jewels;
-buy or craft yourself Shaper Vaal Regalia with 10-12% increased Intelligence or at least Vaal Regalia with T1 Intelligence and 6% increased Attributes (Betrayal craft mode from bench).

In the end the more %increased Intelligence multiplier you manage to stack in your gear the more +10 points of Intelligence will value.

For example in my Betrayal char(OccWItrayed) +10 Intelligence from a skill point was valuing almost 20 Intelligence after applying the 88% increased Intelligence multiplier from items which sent me to ridiculous value of 2609 Intelligence in the end.

On top of these recommendations I can add that you need to play quite a lot at start of the league (i played in first week like 6-8 hours/day, even more in weekend), also you need to get some luck with drops (it will come naturally if you play quite a lot), do some reselling here and there, and most important of all:

-set in your browser on second monitor tabs with active search filters from poe trade site for every item you are planning to get to be able to spot fast the bargains - myself, I have like 10-15 active tabs always running in background).

Last edited by lilianmarius on Mar 18, 2019, 8:56:58 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Update

- Spell Cascade is still broken. Use Elemental Focus instead, but don't link it to WO (WO freezes a lot of enemies and causes Herald explosions, don't lose that advantage).

I'm currently mapping with a 4L WO, not even lv 20 gems yet, but the clear speed seems fine. WO clears really well.

- Energy Leech is not needed for trash clearing, the leech from the tree is more than enough. Controlled Destruction is back. It lowers the WO crit chance slightly, but it's still enough to keep Elemental Overload up.

However, for the boss setup I feel that EL is better: it uses the higher damage mod since you are taking damage and leeching, and the extra leech can be useful when the boss moves.

what changed recently with controlled distcrution?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Thiaga wrote:
"
Thiaga wrote:
hum.. sorry i'm probably retarded but why : "socker near the Scion start (Brute Force Solution)" when i can swap 5 node strengh to intelligence
Spoiler

Brute Force will not swap the last str node at the big int node. The regen + socket (For Brute Force) is a +5 int increase + 56 ES regen for me :)

humm.. but when you take "ancestral knowledge" u cant swap the last str node, what ever, right ?

I'm not sure I understand your questions. That socket gives you 44 Int plus some ES regen. There are no better ways to spend 3 skill points at those levels.[/quote]

What you dont understand is, that he/she doesnt know that you can overlap transform-jewels to get the int-transformation-benefit two times. It is still a riddle to me why this is valid and not considered as a bug but i dont mind hehe.
"
actionhanz87 wrote:
What you dont understand is, that he/she doesnt know that you can overlap transform-jewels to get the int-transformation-benefit two times. It is still a riddle to me why this is valid and not considered as a bug but i dont mind hehe.

His question is in some ways a bit legit if he struggle with Strength stat: if he socket 2nd Brute Force near Scion start for 3 points (jewel slot and those 2 regen slots) he gets maximum 44 Int + 0.7% ES regeneration but he loose 20 Str from character stats because of 2 Str nodes double conversion.

If he doesn't socket 2nd Brute Force jewel and use those 3 points to the left of the 1st Brute Force jewel socket he get 40 Int (10 Str converted to Int + 30 Int from Ancestral Knowledge) and 10 not converted Str).

The double Str to Int conversion for some Str nodes using 2 Brute Force is not a bug since it has its downsides: for every Str node that is double converted you loose 10 Str from your stats which is not always good since sometimes your Dex can become higher than your Str and you will loose this way the "immune to ignite while Str is higher than Dex" benefit from Cyclopean Coil

Always check your character Str and Dex values when you do some DOUBLE Str/Dex to Int conversions using Brute Force/Fertile Mind jewels
Last edited by lilianmarius on Mar 18, 2019, 10:57:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info