[3.6] Elementalist - Armageddon Brand - Ignite. Elder/Shaper Viable - Cheap starter

Enfeeble is there so when you dash into a group and take a damage spike, you won't take another one quite so big and are able to dash out. Curses do conflict unless you have nodes to allow you to apply more than 1.
"
Gretik wrote:
Cheers, I'll look too but I am still at the "grasping basic concepts stage". Trying to puzzle out for myself why some builds use enfeeble like yours, whilst others go for immortal call/warlord's mark.

[Edit] Confused myself more :) Now I am not sure why using flammability doesn't conflict with the defensive curses... I'll get there eventually.

[Edit2] Going to play around with socketing herald of thunder in Malachais artifice as I got it last night. :)

When and if you go MoM. Make sure you have Cinderswallow Urn Flask. It is amazing for hp and mana regenerated during mapping.
"
seabazz wrote:
When and if you go MoM. Make sure you have Cinderswallow Urn Flask. It is amazing for hp and mana regenerated during mapping.

Thanks, I'm currently working on something that is between your build and the one that RaizQT is using. I don't want to use storm brand, because I like the idea of FIRE, LOTS OF FIRE but I feel like picking up more defences.

I hope you don't mind! I'll still be checking in to see how your build develops.

Currently it's essentially his passive tree and the following gems/items - I guess it's more focused on spell damage over ignite and proliferation. I plan to take the elemental reflection immunity nodes from the ascendancy instead of beacon of ruin, because reflection sounds bad and I probably won't recognise it until wayyyy to late.

Here's my current plan - in case any of it is of use to you (or more likely, I've made a horrendous and probably obvious mistake that will cause my character to explode into a fiery ball of death...)

Items

Weapon Any rare – 3 slot, spell damage, cast speed, penetrate resists.
Shield A rare or Invictus Solaris – 3 slot, +socketed gems, life.
Armour A rare or carcass jack - 5/6 Slot, health and resists.
Gloves Any rare - 4 slot, spell damage, life and resists.
Boots Any rare - 4 slot, movement speed, life, resists and life/mana leech.
Helm Any rare - 4 slot, life and resistances.
Belt Any rare – life, resists, elemental damage, life recovery, mana.
Ring Any rare – life, resists.
Ring Malachai's Artifice, slotted with herald of thunder for elemental equilibrium.
Amulet Any rare, life, resists and damage.

Skill Gem Links

1 slot: Herald of Thunder
6 slot: Armageddon brand, Controlled Destruction, Concentrated Effect,
Combustion Support, Immolate Support, Fire Penetration
3 slot: Vaal Righteous Fire, Vaal Grace, Increased Duration Support
3 slot: Arcane Surge, Empower Support, Brand Recall
4 slot: Immortal Call (5), Warlord’s Mark (7), Cast When Damage Taken (3), Increased Duration
4 slot: Elemental Weakness, Curse on Hit, Flame Dash, Arcane Surge (6)
4 slot: Herald of Ash, Clarity, Enlighten Support, Summon Fire Golem
Last edited by Gretik on Dec 17, 2018, 5:26:04 PM
"
Gretik wrote:
"
seabazz wrote:

Thanks, I'm currently working on something that is between your build and the one that RaizQT is using. I don't want to use storm brand, because I like the idea of FIRE, LOTS OF FIRE but I feel like picking up more defences.

I hope you don't mind! I'll still be checking in to see how your build develops.

Currently it's essentially his passive tree and the following gems/items - I guess it's more focused on spell damage over ignite and proliferation. I plan to take the elemental reflection immunity nodes from the ascendancy instead of beacon of ruin, because reflection sounds bad and I probably won't recognise it until wayyyy to late.

Here's my current plan - in case any of it is of use to you (or more likely, I've made a horrendous and probably obvious mistake that will cause my character to explode into a fiery ball of death...)

Items

Weapon Any rare – 3 slot, spell damage, cast speed, penetrate resists.
Shield A rare or Invictus Solaris – 3 slot, +socketed gems, life.
Armour A rare or carcass jack - 5/6 Slot, health and resists.
Gloves Any rare - 4 slot, spell damage, life and resists.
Boots Any rare - 4 slot, movement speed, life, resists and life/mana leech.
Helm Any rare - 4 slot, life and resistances.
Belt Any rare – life, resists, elemental damage, life recovery, mana.
Ring Any rare – life, resists.
Ring Malachai's Artifice, slotted with herald of thunder for elemental equilibrium.
Amulet Any rare, life, resists and damage.

Skill Gem Links

1 slot: Herald of Thunder
6 slot: Armageddon brand, Controlled Destruction, Concentrated Effect,
Combustion Support, Immolate Support, Fire Penetration
3 slot: Vaal Righteous Fire, Vaal Grace, Increased Duration Support
3 slot: Arcane Surge, Empower Support, Brand Recall
4 slot: Immortal Call (5), Warlord’s Mark (7), Cast When Damage Taken (3), Increased Duration
4 slot: Elemental Weakness, Curse on Hit, Flame Dash, Arcane Surge (6)
4 slot: Herald of Ash, Clarity, Enlighten Support, Summon Fire Golem

Looks fun. and Armageddon brand can be played in many different ways. The most important part is that you find a setup wich you feel comfortable with. May i recommend a +3 skill unset ring for brand recall. much cheaper than a 5.5 ex lvl 4 empower. With the same effect. Arcane surge from Dashing should be enough. And curse on hit with flame dash sounds Dangerous. Maybe get it into a orb of storms or maybe a spell totem - ball lightning - Curse on hit - Elemental weakness or Flammability.

I wish you good luck!
For anyone wondering if you need all the expensive stuff here's a snapshot of my character after killing shaper first try (on my first time on shaper). I had no trouble with anything from start to finish.

Super cheap gear - I have a six link but apart from that I think the most expensive single thing was probably the carcass jack when i bought it at like 30c? and they're what, 10 now?

Shit jewels, level 20 no quality gems, bad tree (need to spec out of pendulum and into liege of the primordial), no problem.

My setup is using the Martyr of Innocence staff which has a fuckton of flat fire and since it's a two-hander we can run a 5-link scorching ray for tough bosses. I don't mess with the brand recall spam since it doesn't really do much when you're scaling the ignite anyway.

Red Elder was also no problem.

https://pastebin.com/YrzCFpPd

Last edited by moggy006 on Dec 17, 2018, 7:46:19 PM
"
seabazz wrote:
Looks fun. and Armageddon brand can be played in many different ways. The most important part is that you find a setup wich you feel comfortable with. May i recommend a +3 skill unset ring for brand recall. much cheaper than a 5.5 ex lvl 4 empower. With the same effect. Arcane surge from Dashing should be enough. And curse on hit with flame dash sounds Dangerous. Maybe get it into a orb of storms or maybe a spell totem - ball lightning - Curse on hit - Elemental weakness or Flammability.

I wish you good luck!

Dangerous sound bad! :) Sure, will look into it and getting a cheaper shield/main hand is always nice. Plus it means I can aim for searing touch perhaps... Buuuuurn.

Cheers!

[Edit] I might be going crazy, but the tooltips are telling me I can't make a totem do curse on hit?
Last edited by Gretik on Dec 17, 2018, 7:56:22 PM
"
Gretik wrote:
"
seabazz wrote:

I wish you good luck!

Dangerous sound bad! :) Sure, will look into it and getting a cheaper shield/main hand is always nice. Plus it means I can aim for searing touch perhaps... Buuuuurn.

Cheers!

[Edit] I might be going crazy, but the tooltips are telling me I can't make a totem do curse on hit?

OH yeah that might be The case.orb of stors - CoH - flammability then.
It says to go for Shaper node but in PoB it's not taken?
"
Fohnzii wrote:
It says to go for Shaper node but in PoB it's not taken?

Where does it say to take the Shaper node?
Where is the freeze immunity? Maybe I've missed it, but the PoB doesn't have a heat flask and the skills don't contain an ice golem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info