Betrayal Gem Information

"
Lykkoith wrote:

- Max stacked dread banner for the +100% fortify effect = 40% less damage taken from hits when not placed. +50% aura effect when placed, so 50%. With fortify nodes on the duelist area + some aura nodes and quality, 60%? Am I missing something? It's a little like "here you go, melee, just don't die while we find a solution for you"...
- War banner: only 1 banner can be active at a time, and I see absolutely no reason to choose this one.

Hmmm.... I was gonna shittalk, but the wording here is interesting indeed.
All other Fortify Aspects on the Banner say "if placed".
The 2% inc. Fortify Effect per stack stands alone.

I would have thought it only effects the Fortify you gain once placed the Banner.

But it could also be that you get this effect from the Aura itself and it would benefit other Fortify Buffs aswell.

Why the hussle?
Well with the Vigil and Vigilant strike you also supply the increased Fortify duration (that is on YOUR gem) to your Allies. So you and your Allies gain some 40sec. Fortify.
If the Dread Banner really works as Lykkoith has suspected you would supply them free 40 seconds Fortify with 200% Effect (and we arent even sure if that is not scales further by Aura Effect...)
Give caustic arrow some love for single target!
I.E. if there is only 1 enemy in the cloud damage increased by xx%
pog
"
IamLoco wrote:
It IS a buff for builds that use only 1 totem and now have 3 instead.

Correction: Addition: It's also a straight up buff for 2 max totems (60% more damage) and pretty much tied with many damage supports at 3 max totems (33% more damage). This is without mentioning the faster deployment (2 at once).

It's tailor-made for non-Hierophant Ancestral Bond totem builds, that's for sure.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by NemoJr on Dec 6, 2018, 5:51:10 AM
Pog
GGG Never lets us down,keep your good work GGG!
"
OneOfDaZZZ wrote:
"
Mythabril wrote:
Arctic Breath does almost as much DoT as Essence Drain. Might even just skip multiple projectiles and just rely on the DoT for clearing. Then drop the occasional Cold Snap with Bonechill to soften up tougher targets. And should anything get too close an instant Vortex should slow down those. Should work with both Occultist and Trickster.

vortex has a much higher DOT then Arctic breath

Yes, maybe, but its application is more complicated. Guess you could use a Sire of Shards to deploy five Frostbolts around you and then drop Vortex on them for greater coverage. Personally I think Arctic Breath is simply more convenient. I plan to use Vortex mostly as a defense to slow down melee attackers together with a Temporal Chains Blasphemy Aura and then dodge manually.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
How many projectiles does Winter Orb fire naturally?
Wonder about a IS totem with a bonechill time to time and a winter orb in place?
Will it work?
Wuhuuu oooww nice :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info