Betrayal Gem Information

The totem support gem is still a damage nerf to pure totem hierophants.
It´s roughly a 5% total damage loss with 6 totems, minus one dmg support gem and the 21% less dmg compared to 4 totems with one "more" support gem.

So, very rough calculation:
4 totems, 6L (5 dmg supports) = 400 dps
6 totems, 6L (4 dmg support, 1 multiple totem support, 21% less dmg) = 379,2 dps

So roughly 5% less. This of course varies with the support gems used. But it´s in no case a big damage buff as some wrote.

It IS a buff for builds that use only 1 totem and now have 3 instead. The more totems you use, the worse the support gem becomes.

Linking it to searing bond, which is always an additional totem and always is "on top" of your maximum number of totems, might result in 3 searing bonds, so a hierophant could benefit from 2% more life regen and 1% more mana regen in total. If it turns out though that the 2 additional searing bonds reduce the number of possible other totems, then we have a complete fail here.

I´d rather have "my" +1 totem from the ascendancy back.
Last edited by IamLoco on Dec 6, 2018, 4:00:58 AM
Frost blade skill type builds here we go.
<*)))><
cool :)
Arctic Breath does almost as much DoT as Essence Drain. Might even just skip multiple projectiles and just rely on the DoT for clearing. Then drop the occasional Cold Snap with Bonechill to soften up tougher targets. And should anything get too close an instant Vortex should slow down those. Should work with both Occultist and Trickster.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
Seems like decent changes. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
POG
"
IamLoco wrote:
The totem support gem is still a damage nerf to pure totem hierophants.
It´s roughly a 5% total damage loss with 6 totems, minus one dmg support gem and the 21% less dmg compared to 4 totems with one "more" support gem.

So, very rough calculation:
4 totems, 6L (5 dmg supports) = 400 dps
6 totems, 6L (4 dmg support, 1 multiple totem support, 21% less dmg) = 379,2 dps

So roughly 5% less. This of course varies with the support gems used. But it´s in no case a big damage buff as some wrote.

It IS a buff for builds that use only 1 totem and now have 3 instead. The more totems you use, the worse the support gem becomes.

Linking it to searing bond, which is always an additional totem and always is "on top" of your maximum number of totems, might result in 3 searing bonds, so a hierophant could benefit from 2% more life regen and 1% more mana regen in total. If it turns out though that the 2 additional searing bonds reduce the number of possible other totems, then we have a complete fail here.

I´d rather have "my" +1 totem from the ascendancy back.

Who said this support gem is for Hierophant? It was added for other ascendency classes so you dont need to pick Hierophant every time you want to play totems.
"
Mythabril wrote:
Arctic Breath does almost as much DoT as Essence Drain. Might even just skip multiple projectiles and just rely on the DoT for clearing. Then drop the occasional Cold Snap with Bonechill to soften up tougher targets. And should anything get too close an instant Vortex should slow down those. Should work with both Occultist and Trickster.

vortex has a much higher DOT then Arctic breath
"
OneOfDaZZZ wrote:
"
Mythabril wrote:

vortex has a much higher DOT then Arctic breath

And is still shit. One of the worst AoE in the game + spawns on your feet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info