[3.8] FreezeFinder - (Retro) [Blade Vortex + Vaal Cold snap] - [All Content]

Hi,
first of all I really love the build feels really nice for mapping and bosskilling.
I just was wandering why in your Head Setup in the last pastbin why the bonechill is only level 11 is there any purpose to it?

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work.
"
Hi,
first of all I really love the build feels really nice for mapping and bosskilling.
I just was wandering why in your Head Setup in the last pastbin why the bonechill is only level 11 is there any purpose to it?

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work.

Not at all mate, character is in standard now, just not got round to buying a level 20 one. Will sort it eventaully, just working on this leagues build atm.
Will always keep all guides updated and relevant.
Last edited by mfeeney87 on Dec 20, 2018, 10:43:26 AM
Any advice how to get The Pandemonious?

It's 4ex+... :/ How much chance do i have to get the drop of The Halcyon if I farm Tul's Domain (Tul's Breachstone is 20c)?.

"
mfeeney87 wrote:
"
Khandar wrote:

Just one tip, forgot about doryani scepter just pick any Topotantes scepter (usualy 1-10c) just make sure it has open suffix and craft here "trigger a socketed spell when u use a skill" (for 3c)

it will auto curse, frost bomb and cold snap or whatever spells u pick.
imho it makes playstyle much more fun.

Where as I think its a valid option, I still prefer the catalyst.

Catalyst has the prolideration and attack speed for Herald of ice chain reaction and move speed for map clears.

Secondly, by socketing cold snap and frost bomb and curse into it, you do gain the ability to manual curse, but lose ability to support cold snap with bonechill and Inc +107% chill effect, which is a direct DPS loss for you main skill, a large one, especially on Uber single target.

Point of this choice is "who wants to manualy use cold snap/frost bomb/curse manualy in whole content except maybe at uber elder" ? imho noneone! This combo do it for you automaticly... so imho catalyst is worse choice in 99% of content(maps,delves, etc.)

also Bonechill u can link with your arctic armour or just replace in scepter with curse and use curse on hit with your herald elsewhere so there is no dmg loss at all.

in therms of attack speed karui scepter is based at 1.5 and best proced catalyst is 1.61 which is kinda no diffence at all after last patch changes to action speed of movement skills also u can get scepter like this
which is way faster than any catalyst.

this choice also have room for doing some BIS weapon by multicrafting this
(which is not so hard to get) and putting some new fancy mastercrafts 2x preffixes and 2x suffixes of your choice. (imo cold flat + cold damage multplier + chance to deal double damage + trigger a socketed spells)

Last edited by Khandar on Dec 21, 2018, 8:48:58 AM
"
memberx wrote:

It's 4ex+... :/ How much chance do i have to get the drop of The Halcyon if I farm Tul's Domain (Tul's Breachstone is 20c)?.

I think your best bet is you get an empowered breachstone from a syndicate for a better chance to drop it or you can farm the vanilla breachstone.
"
Khandar wrote:
"
mfeeney87 wrote:
"
Khandar wrote:

Just one tip, forgot about doryani scepter just pick any Topotantes scepter (usualy 1-10c) just make sure it has open suffix and craft here "trigger a socketed spell when u use a skill" (for 3c)

it will auto curse, frost bomb and cold snap or whatever spells u pick.
imho it makes playstyle much more fun.

Where as I think its a valid option, I still prefer the catalyst.

Catalyst has the prolideration and attack speed for Herald of ice chain reaction and move speed for map clears.

Secondly, by socketing cold snap and frost bomb and curse into it, you do gain the ability to manual curse, but lose ability to support cold snap with bonechill and Inc +107% chill effect, which is a direct DPS loss for you main skill, a large one, especially on Uber single target.

Point of this choice is "who wants to manualy use cold snap/frost bomb/curse manualy in whole content except maybe at uber elder" ? imho noneone! This combo do it for you automaticly... so imho catalyst is worse choice in 99% of content(maps,delves, etc.)

also Bonechill u can link with your arctic armour or just replace in scepter with curse and use curse on hit with your herald elsewhere so there is no dmg loss at all.

in therms of attack speed karui scepter is based at 1.5 and best priced catalyst is 1.61 which is kinda no difference at all after last patch changes to action speed of movement skills also u can get scepter like this
which is way faster than any catalyst.

this choice also have room for doing some BIS weapon by multi crafting this
(which is not so hard to get) and putting some new fancy mastercrafts 2x prefixes and 2x suffixes of your choice. (imo cold flat + cold damage multiplier + chance to deal double damage + trigger a socketed spells)

I must be confused, I thought you were advocating its use for applying curses?

Where as the tip is appreciated, I think you are misunderstanding how Bonechill works. It's a more multiplier for any cold damage you perform, the multiplier itself is magnified by the stat "% increased effect of chill". Cold Snap itself has an innate (+19%) chance to chill - With Bonechill (+44%) + hypothermia (+20%) + chance from tree (35%) giving Bonechill a total of 118% Increased effect of chill, which directly multiplies your damage output of Blade Vortex on single target.
This cannot be currently tested to PoB as of right now it only applies teh bonus to DoT.

With frost bomb being socketed into the shield, you have the ability to automate it with a CwDT setup if using it manually is a playstyle you do not prefer, which results in exactly the same playstyle, only a single button press for utility skill by the player.

And no, my personal view point is you would not want to manually curse, particularly because any Boss or Uber boss receives 60% and 80% reduced curse effect respectively.

With the crafting options this league, I'm sure you can craft higher DPS weapons to use, but not by large amounts. I do agree that debating local attack speed ranges is completely negligible at this point since the changes made to shield charge.
I see the "cast socketed gems" craft as being useful for some builds, but overall outweighed by the Damage, leech, and free level 20 proliferation which helps Herald of Ice chain reactions, and automates cursing of regular monsters where curses are actually effective.

So all in all I feel there are a lot of trade offs for this design decision, but if that is your subjective preference and what you find fun, then that's great, however in the context of the "best" in the overall design of the build. I politely disagree.

The idea of a build guide is to provide a framework of a build that is scalable and repeatable each league, there will come a point in any build where elite top end gear takes it into a bespoke custom fit scenario, which are not the kind of builds that interest me as it makes them very inaccessible for the majority.
I'm not saying that this in is the case right now as it's a cheap adjustment, just my reasoning on the whole.

Hope the build has been fun.
"
memberx wrote:

My honest answer would be, don't buy breach stones, dont link armours, if you get a Tul then run it.
Otherwise trade up ever single piece of currency you have and buy it, fusings, jewlers, chromes etc.
It happens a lot quicker than you think if you are strict, and unfortunately variance can be a bitch.

8K fusings on a Windripper in Harbinger, I never linked it. I went down that rabbit hole.
Last edited by mfeeney87 on Dec 21, 2018, 11:28:59 AM
Hi man, first of all, great guide, been playing it on BHC and im having a blast.

I've a doubt entering mapping. Which maps do u upgrade in the atlas by 5 tiers? which ones do u think are the best for this build?
"
changus94 wrote:
Hi man, first of all, great guide, been playing it on BHC and im having a blast.

I've a doubt entering mapping. Which maps do u upgrade in the atlas by 5 tiers? which ones do u think are the best for this build?

Thanks mate, my personal preferance was linear tile sets, it ensures the monsters are clumped together for HoI shatter.
Make note that the map mod % reduced chance to apply elemental ailments affects clear speed quite a bit by inhibbiting HoI chain reactions, more of an annoyance than anything else. Ele reflect is more hassle than its worth and no Leech is doable if you have Leech enchant on boots or mana leech gem in helm sockets.
Last edited by mfeeney87 on Dec 22, 2018, 9:46:36 AM
"
mfeeney87 wrote:
"
memberx wrote:

My honest answer would be, don't buy breach stones, dont link armours, if you get a Tul then run it.
Otherwise trade up ever single piece of currency you have and buy it, fusings, jewlers, chromes etc.
It happens a lot quicker than you think if you are strict, and unfortunately variance can be a bitch.

8K fusings on a Windripper in Harbinger, I never linked it. I went down that rabbit hole.

Fu.. this :D

Every day i earn like an ex and every day the amulet is 1 ex higher... Finaly i have 5 ex (not mentioning ex is 135c atm :/), now is 5,7 ex LOL

Is the amulet worth it? Or should i first get my jewlery and jewels better. Specially jewels are total crap atm...
Last edited by memberx on Dec 23, 2018, 3:43:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info