Slow Mo Zombies! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxed Playstyle|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

Hey QJeff!

"
QJeff wrote:
Hello thanks for this build. What level should my Cast when Damage Taken" support gem be?
Max. Level it all the way to 20. It's attached to lots of defense; two of which are minions without duration (so we want those at 20) and Molten Shell (which is much more efficient at 20 than it is at 10).

Let me know if you need anything else!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Dec 11, 2018, 3:49:04 AM
Hey Everyone! For those just starting the build now...

So I finally got to sit down and play for a while and I got to the beginning of Act 4. For those that are having a rough time with minion survivability, keep Holy Relic summoned and make sure you have an Attack that you're using often to initiate its skills. With both Holy Relic constantly applying its benefits, and Convocation, I find I barely ever need anything but my zombies...except against those Syndicate pricks. (I have mostly Normal gear on.) Anyway, I thought I'd give my personal 2 cents on one of the more consistent subjects on this thread.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Hey QJeff!

Max. Level it all the way to 20. It's attached to lots of defense; two of which are minions without duration (so we want those at 20) and Molten Shell (which is much more efficient at 20 than it is at 10).

Let me know if you need anything else!

Thank you for the info!
I'm gonna try this because some idiots hiked up the price of the Soulwrest staff so I can't play the Phantasm build.

Thanks for this build, it looks quite simple to use.

Also is T12 the highest it can go or?

edit: Also it's a really good idea to use the new "War Banner" skill gem when you start leveling. You can just leave it at level 1 for the 40% accuracy boost to help your minions hit more often early game.
Last edited by XanTheInsane on Dec 11, 2018, 11:24:25 AM
Ok, just checking in.
Deathless through Innocence and 97% of lv49.
I think you broke the game with this one, but we will find out soon enough.

I am just having a blast, those skeletons were exactly what this build needed!

Also I am doing all content, anything that comes up on the map gets completed, quickly and effortlessly, zombies actually died once in 15 levels, they laughed at innocence (lol). Delving, beasts, Betrayal, ALL easy mode with the skeletons, nobody knows that I am even there. Just watch out for chargers and leap slammers and you are fine... and when they come, just walk away smiling and watch them cry as they head to your old location! And keep moving! summon move, summon move.

Still don't have anything set up, and no shield charge, but I make due because I know the build well.

One unique, a helm for resistances, just getting some good 4 links now.

Good Job!
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
Last edited by GrunkleBob on Dec 11, 2018, 10:09:08 AM
Hi there, Thank you so much for the guide. I'm new to PoE and at first everything was overwhelming. Where do I buy Charged Dash and Temporal Chains? In the Wiki it says that the item will be unlocked for purchase after certain Act 3 quest, however it's not available for the Witch class?

Could you please explain how to obtain those two gems? thanks
Hi there!

Thanks for the great guide, will guide my brother to use it ( first time poe )

one question: what are good and affordable uniques for this build, are there even some?
I could trade one or two for my brother.

*edit* another thing: would it be possible that you add all that good comments and suggestions to the first mainpage?
Last edited by Enterich on Dec 11, 2018, 12:33:32 PM
Hey XanTheInsane!

"
XanTheInsane wrote:
I'm gonna try this because some idiots hiked up the price of the Soulwrest staff so I can't play the Phantasm build.
It sucks when your favourite build gets a price hike. Sometimes it's just because it's the beginning of a league (and the prices will relax in a couple weeks). But sometimes it's just too popular of a build. Sucks. But hey, I hope you like this build here. Thanks for giving it a shot.

"
Thanks for this build, it looks quite simple to use.
You're welcome! I it is really easy play and gear. 3.5 inadvertently boosted this build's style a lot simply with the enhancements to crafting.

"
Also is T12 the highest it can go or?
Gosh no. All content :). You'll easily be able to do all the content the Atlas has in store.

"
edit: Also it's a really good idea to use the new "War Banner" skill gem when you start leveling. You can just leave it at level 1 for the 40% accuracy boost to help your minions hit more often early game.
Awesome suggestion! The Witch can't get it (SSF) until Siosa in Act 3, but it's perfect for our build. Might be something to incorporate for the future...maybe with CwDT? :)

Thanks for the message! I hope you like the build.

Annnnnd

Hi there! I'm a speech-language pathologist who works with individuals with TBI (traumatic brain injury) and post-concussion syndrome. I just wanted to say I find this guide awesome and super well suited for people who struggle with the aspects of cognition affected by the injury.

For example, the way the build focuses on slowing enemies down helps a lot for people with impaired attention and/or reaction times. This aspect of cognition is very vulnerable to impairment following a TBI. It also results in short-term memory problems (because you can't remember what you didn't notice) so having slowed combat and only really two buttons to worry about (charged dash and convocation) makes combat a lot more manageable and accessible. As well, people who have problems with inhibition sometimes experience things "piling up" in their short term memory, and slowing combat gives these brains time to filter out the irrelevant or no-longer-relevant details. A process called "alternating attention", which is basically how quickly and effectively you can focus on one thing and then switch gears to another thing, is also very vulnerable to impairment after brain injury. The difference in speed of switching may only be an increase of milliseconds but that can have drastic effects on people's performance on things like video games - again, slowing combat and keeping the player's role relatively simple helps a ton here.

Executive functioning (problem solving and planning, basically) is also frequently impaired. The way you structure the guide, with literal and step-by-step instructions that aren't too wordy, hyperlinking all of the relevant gems(!!!!), and provide examples of different choices to make and the pros and cons of each, to just name a few of the things you do, are extremely beneficial to people who have trouble in a game that is as planning-intensive (so many passive points, so few refunds!) and decision-intensive (so much gear drops and it's hard to know what's useful and what isn't!)

And you accomplish all of this with a build that can clear all content.

All in all, I think you're making Path of Exile not only more accessible to people with disabilities, but more inclusive. As someome who plays video games as a hobby and professionally helps people with disabilities, it is disheartening for me to see how frequently developers and gaming communities fail to make the art of video games accessible. I hope you inspire developers and players to make more guides like this for their own games or builds.

P.S. I'm using your build this league and I gotta say it's pr sweet. I've been leveling with summoning skeletons + zombies. I've noticed that the zombies will switch targets to whatever target is closest to where I'm summoning the skeletons. I feel like a quarterback throwing zombie footballs lol.
"
GrunkleBob wrote:
Ok, just checking in.
Deathless through Innocence and 97% of lv49.
I think you broke the game with this one, but we will find out soon enough.

I am just having a blast, those skeletons were exactly what this build needed!

Also I am doing all content, anything that comes up on the map gets completed, quickly and effortlessly, zombies actually died once in 15 levels, they laughed at innocence (lol). Delving, beasts, Betrayal, ALL easy mode with the skeletons, nobody knows that I am even there. Just watch out for chargers and leap slammers and you are fine... and when they come, just walk away smiling and watch them cry as they head to your old location! And keep moving! summon move, summon move.

Still don't have anything set up, and no shield charge, but I make due because I know the build well.

One unique, a helm for resistances, just getting some good 4 links now.

Good Job!
I'm glad you're liking it! Thanks for taking the time to complement. The build just gets so fun once all the links are in place.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info