Slow Mo Zombies! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxed Playstyle|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

Hey sgtbucky!

"
sgtbucky wrote:
Hi there, Thank you so much for the guide. I'm new to PoE and at first everything was overwhelming.
You're welcome! Thanks for giving it a shot! Just take your time with everything. The game makes more sense when you're not in a hurry. And ask anything you like! Don't worry about "new" questions.

"
Where do I buy Charged Dash and Temporal Chains? In the Wiki it says that the item will be unlocked for purchase after certain Act 3 quest, however it's not available for the Witch class?

Could you please explain how to obtain those two gems? thanks
There's a drop down in the guide called "Quests and Gem Locations - Quick Reference". It'll give you an idea of when/how to get your gems. Charged Dash and Temporal Chains are first available for the Witch in Act 3. From Siosa (he's annoying to buy from). You have to do his quest first (he's in Library which is connected to The Imperial Gardens). If you need Dexterity to equip either gem, you can buy a Dex amulet from the gem seller in each Act.

Let me know if you need anything else! Thanks for the message.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Dec 11, 2018, 1:43:51 PM
Sorry for posting that again, maybe u didnt read it ^^:

Hi there!

Thanks for the great guide, will guide my brother to use it ( first time poe )

one question: what are good and affordable uniques for this build, are there even some?
I could trade one or two for my brother.

*edit* another thing: would it be possible that you add all that good comments and suggestions to the first mainpage?
"

"
edit: Also it's a really good idea to use the new "War Banner" skill gem when you start leveling. You can just leave it at level 1 for the 40% accuracy boost to help your minions hit more often early game.
Awesome suggestion! The Witch can't get it (SSF) until Siosa in Act 3, but it's perfect for our build. Might be something to incorporate for the future...maybe with CwDT? :)

Thanks for the message! I hope you like the build.

It's an Aura that reserves only 10% mana, but can then be "cast" again to place a war banner that has a bigger AOE and to trigger a shorter stronger buff.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/War_Banner

I used it early on when I didn't have +accuracy from passive nodes and it worked like a charm.

Hey Enterich!

"
Enterich wrote:
Hi there!

Thanks for the great guide, will guide my brother to use it ( first time poe )
Thank you very much! I hope he likes it.

"
one question: what are good and affordable uniques for this build, are there even some?
I could trade one or two for my brother.
On the previous reply page I gave a little list (not all of them cheap) for someone that asked as well. I forgot a couple, so this list has a couple more:

-Sidhebreath Amulet
-Singularity (more slowing)
-Bones of Ullr or Alberon's Warpath
-The Baron
-Severed in Sleep/United in Dream
-Mon'tregul's Grasp
-The Scourge
-Queen's Decree/Queen's Escape
-Femurs of the Saints
-Dying Breath
-Geofri's Legacy

"
*edit* another thing: would it be possible that you add all that good comments and suggestions to the first mainpage?
I'd love to add everyones comments and suggestions to the main page. But I don't have the space with character limits. But there's also a plus to that. Part of really learning the game is figuring it out. For those that want help figuring it out, it doesn't take long to skim through the thread. I repost a new thread every league so all of the comments are relevant. But believe me, it'd be great to have more space to give new folks more information for their first go around. I mentioned previously that I think for 3.6 I'll cut out the 2-handed stuff so I can expand on the "new players" section. (If anyone wants to 2-hand it, we could then deal with in via replies.)

Thanks for the compliment and suggestion! Let me know if you need anything else.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
I'm finally getting a start on my Necro! I ended up starting the league with a different build to play together with my husband, ironically enough because this build is so awesome for solo play and I wanted to save it for solo play XD

I'm making a couple changes this time around compared to last league for me. One is that I will have access to a Violent Dead jewel as soon as I unlock a jewel node. My other character took one as the Act 5 quest reward, which means when this character gets to Act 5, she'll have two of them :D

The other changes I'm trying are using Summon Raging Spirit and Summon Skeletons, both for the initial corpses I need to create my Zombies and also for a little assistance for my Zombies until they get beefier. I don't foresee that taking very long, though.

Hope everyone's enjoying the league!
Thank you Michelle_Obama!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a compliment. It's a marvelous thing to be encouraged. We all have our struggles (physical, emotional, spiritual)...and it's always such a relief to be around or communicate with someone that has gone through what you do. It's encouraging to me when people that have their struggles, mention that this guide has helped them do something that they previously thought they wouldn't be capable of doing. Even though it's just a game, to be able to do something you really want to do, can really lift someone's spirits (which is something many unintentionally take for granted). It is extremely encouraging for me to hear someone from the opposite side of the medical field find equal value in it. You've noticed many things in this guide/build that I haven't mentioned are extremely important to me and my ability to play (along with other people too).

Your compliments (along with everyone else's) mean a lot to me. Thank you. (Not to get too close to the Code of Conduct here, but God has marvelous ways of working through us when we follow His lead. Even though it's just a game, you never know when or where you'll plant a seed that'll help someone's heart.)

Thank you.

"
Hi there! I'm a speech-language pathologist who works with individuals with TBI (traumatic brain injury) and post-concussion syndrome. I just wanted to say I find this guide awesome and super well suited for people who struggle with the aspects of cognition affected by the injury.

For example, the way the build focuses on slowing enemies down helps a lot for people with impaired attention and/or reaction times. This aspect of cognition is very vulnerable to impairment following a TBI. It also results in short-term memory problems (because you can't remember what you didn't notice) so having slowed combat and only really two buttons to worry about (charged dash and convocation) makes combat a lot more manageable and accessible. As well, people who have problems with inhibition sometimes experience things "piling up" in their short term memory, and slowing combat gives these brains time to filter out the irrelevant or no-longer-relevant details. A process called "alternating attention", which is basically how quickly and effectively you can focus on one thing and then switch gears to another thing, is also very vulnerable to impairment after brain injury. The difference in speed of switching may only be an increase of milliseconds but that can have drastic effects on people's performance on things like video games - again, slowing combat and keeping the player's role relatively simple helps a ton here.

Executive functioning (problem solving and planning, basically) is also frequently impaired. The way you structure the guide, with literal and step-by-step instructions that aren't too wordy, hyperlinking all of the relevant gems(!!!!), and provide examples of different choices to make and the pros and cons of each, to just name a few of the things you do, are extremely beneficial to people who have trouble in a game that is as planning-intensive (so many passive points, so few refunds!) and decision-intensive (so much gear drops and it's hard to know what's useful and what isn't!)

And you accomplish all of this with a build that can clear all content.

All in all, I think you're making Path of Exile not only more accessible to people with disabilities, but more inclusive. As someome who plays video games as a hobby and professionally helps people with disabilities, it is disheartening for me to see how frequently developers and gaming communities fail to make the art of video games accessible. I hope you inspire developers and players to make more guides like this for their own games or builds.

P.S. I'm using your build this league and I gotta say it's pr sweet. I've been leveling with summoning skeletons + zombies. I've noticed that the zombies will switch targets to whatever target is closest to where I'm summoning the skeletons. I feel like a quarterback throwing zombie footballs lol.

Annnnnd

Just wanted to say thanks so much for this build since I don't have a phone (well not one that can game lol) I decided to ditch Diablo and give this a go and necromancer was always my go to and this helped me feel really at home. Not to mention fate being really kind to me first gem I had drop that can go into the skill tree was a Violent Dead honestly could not believe my luck. Definitely picked the right build lol.
Hi Katalaeia,

"
Katalaeia wrote:
I'm finally getting a start on my Necro! I ended up starting the league with a different build to play together with my husband, ironically enough because this build is so awesome for solo play and I wanted to save it for solo play XD

I'm making a couple changes this time around compared to last league for me. One is that I will have access to a Violent Dead jewel as soon as I unlock a jewel node. My other character took one as the Act 5 quest reward, which means when this character gets to Act 5, she'll have two of them :D

The other changes I'm trying are using Summon Raging Spirit and Summon Skeletons, both for the initial corpses I need to create my Zombies and also for a little assistance for my Zombies until they get beefier. I don't foresee that taking very long, though.

Hope everyone's enjoying the league!
I'm glad you're excited! It's so fun to have more Zombie Slams than regular attacks. Good just getting your 2nd Violent Dead. Let us know how it goes! (They're fixing a couple Betrayal specific encounters tomorrow so the game should be more balanced shortly.) Good suggestions.

Annnnnd

Also :),

"
...I'm using your build this league and I gotta say it's pr sweet. I've been leveling with summoning skeletons + zombies. I've noticed that the zombies will switch targets to whatever target is closest to where I'm summoning the skeletons. I feel like a quarterback throwing zombie footballs lol.
Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I've been leveling with with just Skeletons and Zombies too. It's nice to aim the zombies with other minions or attacks. It helps with those protective totems! But I like the QB reference. That made me laugh. Now that you've said it, that's all it's going to feel like from this point forward. :)

Annnnnd

Hi Salerk!

"
Salerk wrote:
Just wanted to say thanks so much for this build...
You're very welcome!

"
since I don't have a phone (well not one that can game lol) I decided to ditch Diablo and give this a go and necromancer was always my go to and this helped me feel really at home.
I'm glad you found something that you think might work for you! I hope you like POE. I have put 1000's of hours into the Diablo's but once I found POE I didn't look back. I was a pet player too.

"
Not to mention fate being really kind to me first gem I had drop that can go into the skill tree was a Violent Dead honestly could not believe my luck. Definitely picked the right build lol.
That's crazy that it dropped for you right away. Good for you!

If you have any questions let us know! For another league in a row there is a very helpful bunch of players following this guide. It's all good advice so far :). As I'm sure you've read, please feel comfortable asking all the newbie questions you like.

Thanks again!

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info