Path of Exile: Betrayal Patch Notes

"
The Void Gaze Skill granted by Eber's Unification now reduces enemy Chaos resistance by 20%, has a base Range of 39, up from 26 and now correctly scales its effect to the range. It now lasts 10 seconds (up from 2.5 Seconds), and has a cooldown of 2 Seconds (from 3 seconds).

Does this mean void gaze can stack up to -100% chaos resistance?!?
Anyone have ideas for toxic rain alternatives, now that quill rain is dead?
You keep changing things based on the 1% of players that abuse these mechanics.
What about the other 99% that doesn't want you to change the things they like about this game?
"
hyyyben wrote:
"
Carmesin wrote:
Let's think about it before complain.
NERF:
-3 balls and -25% AoE (-1 Wildfire = -25% AoE / -2 Balls) (-1 Balls from Lab Enchant)

BUFF:
MORE BASE DAMAGE = "...161% of base damage (up from 147%) at gem level 20."
MORE DAMAGE PER BALLS = "...30% less damage (from 40%) at gem level 20."

The -25% AoE is in fact userful because less spread is better for Boss fight. And the -25% AoE of Molten Strike will barely effect the map clear potential, because (usually) it's come from the combination of Herald of Ash and/or Herald of Ice + Ancestral Call - not the Molten Strike Itself.

It's was more like a "balance" than a "nerf".
So we have "less balls" and -25% AoE at the cost of MORE DAMAGE. Lower overall damage, of course, but that was not only "less balls THAT ALL". Just think about it.

In fact these changes will impact yet another question:
-LAG (Positive) (Noticeable) - Some people complain about Molten Strike MTX causing lag, so less balls = less lag
+1 Slot for any other JEWEL. (Positive)
-Mana / Life per HIT (Negative) (Barely noticeable) - Molten Strike already HIT times enought to fullfil HP/MANA quickly.

Just don't crucify Molten Strike yet.
Peace.

You could have wrote...GGG Buffed Molten strike..because they did. Its quite clear..so molten strike users doesnt have to fear anything...but seriously..i played Molten strike..i took down everything with 7 balls...having the +3 helmet (now +2) doesnt do much...its not really needed.

;)

While was reading the last few pages i saw people complain it was "dead" and stuff like that. Then i just wanted to point some things for people who haven't played it yet and assume i was a nerf...sorry if i wrote too much.
"
Skill Reworks
Arctic Breath
Now requires level 28

???

Have GGG forgotten that this skill requires level 28 to begin with? Or perhaps it is a typo and level requirement is lowered?
"
hyyyben wrote:
"
Towlg wrote:
That's awful.

Too much nerfs without any justification. The only good thing you did by the nerfs is probably saving Havoc's sanity, because he doesn't need to get to 6000 anymore. Everything which works good in Delve is nerfed resulting is much less enjoyable gameplay in main part of the game.

RIP stat sticks (and melee in general, specifically Molten Strike), poet's pen (useless without max resistance flasks and Zerphi's flask), RIP good Zana mods (single good mod now is Harbinger), QoTF and Phase Run.

I don't get it, why do you want to reduce the total number of good builds so much? People who don't like powerful builds are free to play private leagues, you can add private league mod like "no zerphi's" and look at number of people who actually want this kind of gameplay.

Maybe new league content will add a lot of new broken stuff to play with, I don't know, but these nerfs are huge disappointment. Nerfs are always bad, buffs to weak/underused things is way to go and worked well in leagues since Abyss.

It's sad.

Instead of "giving up", how about looking at the nerfs / changes as an opportunity for you to improve your own creative skills. Open pob..WORK around the changes.
Whining leads to nothing...i dare you to be creative..or GGG dare you.

Ive played with stat sticks too...im thrilled that they removed that option...it forces me to mix it up..and try something new, or like i said earlier..work around it.
Down give up fellow exile :)

whining is what lead to the stat stick nerf :p

Pretty much everything i wanted. GG GGG!!
"
ReapsDeeps wrote:
Anyone have ideas for toxic rain alternatives, now that quill rain is dead?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2205988

This build still works - got my first Uber Elder kill last league with it and using it as my starter this league.
Impossible to plan characters before release when we don't know the mechanics.

Do brand skills count as spell damage?

Can brand skills be triggered, i.e. cast on kill?
Last edited by Mortac on Dec 4, 2018, 11:24:08 PM
why didn't you make fossils quantity drop increased by depth level? fossil farm is still a waste of time in high depth levels compared to specific run-fast-in-low-depth builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info