3.5 Chaos/Cold Storm Brand - Uber Elder✓ 10k EHP ✓ Budget ✓ HC ✓ Hierophant or Occultist

I updated a weapon for more chaos conversion (no amulet yet) and I'm level 77 now.

Tier 5-8 maps bosses are not a problem now and go down a lot faster, especially with Atziri's promise.

I also now use orb of storms with power on crit and wither support. Seems to work well. But Lightning Spire Trap seems interesting.
Last edited by Draegan101 on Jan 2, 2019, 10:19:02 AM

I've been running a build along these lines, its not quite as high es but more damage. I think it will max out around 7.5k es. I'm not quite sure what the pob shaper dps is currently since the last patch of POB removed the killed recently option in configution. With one worm flask I still have pretty good uptime with it during uber elder. I think people are sleeping on the power of Duskdawn since its 60% crit, 125% crit multi and 130% spell damage all the time.

Here's a end game tree: https://pastebin.com/Ff2gwbgM
I have managed to make a pretty good entry setup using Muera's tree.

But i am still full of questions..

My main problem is this..OP had posted his gear for occultist.
He was using axiom belt before transitioning to crit.

But i cant explain how can i gain power charges..

i am lvl 72 now and for now i use the belt i saw anomalyapparent using.

I feel that is a very good choice for a non crit build if you allready are resist capped..But i dont know much about the game mechanics yet so plz if you have any suggestion post it.

It would be really helpful:)
I just wanted to add something for those pushing to late end-game with this type of build and might not know about the powerful and reliable crafting options this league.

For example, here is my weapon currently have and crafted.

Unlike prefix spell damage and spell damage/non-chaos, which are mutually exclusive, you can in fact stack the two non-chaos as extra chaos mods as they are not considered the same "type". You'll need an ilvl 85 shaped weapon and alt/aug/regal/annul until you have a rare with T1 %elemental as extra chaos, 2 open prefixes, and at least 1 open suffix, but preferably 2 open suffixes and the already rolled one being something you need or want like spell crit/%pen/cast speed. I personally needed the resists so I just stuck with it on my weapon. Multi-craft for 2ex(recipe from pale council), add the two chaos mods, and you have yourself a 31-37% extra chaos weapon. If you have the second suffix open to craft then you have some more options, but I personally think trigger spell is god tier as it gives so much utility by being able to put things like curses, orb of storms, or even just arc to help with clear speed.

Shields are similar in that they have some strong combo crafts, but in the case of CI/ES builds can be more difficult to find with good rolls and the open prefix needed for the chaos mod. It is actually more reliable to just craft it into that state from scratch. Here is what I did.

Pretty much just alt/aug/regal/annul till you have a decent rare ES shield with an open prefix and at least 2 open suffixes. Multi-mod for the prefix chaos mod and one of the %quality/stat suffixes. Note dex and str version of those mods cost 4c, but the int one costs 1ex. If you have 3 open suffixes when you start you can of course craft something like a resist, hybrid int, cast speed, or my fav % double damage on focus, which just eats phase bosses.

Yes, be sure to make use of master crafting. Absolutely disgusting what you can churn out.
Hey guys, just wanted to chime in on this thread, because this build caught my eye early on and I decided to stay with a much earlier "version", than what the OP's current iteration is.

I'm running an Occultist Arc Totem build, with some tweaks of my own and I could not be happier with where this build is currently at.

Feel free to check out my characters gear and passive tree, the characters name is Kobra_Kai_Dojo_Ho.

The damage is really good, but Don't just take my word for it. Here is a link to my character in Path of Building.

https://pastebin.com/Kzb5GPDj

Please note a couple of key things.

The effective dps currently shown is with 15 wither stacks. I haven't had a boss last for over 5 seconds in quite a while, so most likely those stacks will be lower outside of guardians/shaper/elder/uber elder.

Also I had to manually place the wither stacks in with a "Fake" gem because path of building was not treating my character as a walking wither totem "Ascendancy, Withering Presence"

Also, you could drop Wicked Ward and Forbidden power for Malediction and Profane Bloom, for even more damage and a side grade on survivability, but you would need to generate power charges some where else, "Power charge on crit gem in your main gem set up would work", and you would also need to gear differently to pick up more effective HP In my opinion.

As for survivability, as of right now, it's pretty good, everything gets frozen and dies so fast almost nothing touches me, but the gearing process and getting to the point that my gear currently is(No where near min/maxed by the way) can be a bit rough, if your effective HP is too low.
For those who've reached endgame/maps, how's the build working out? Curious about switching to this from the current SB build I'm following, as this does look more viable for killing bosses overall...

Here is my gear, killed Uber Elder for my first time ever this league with 4 deaths (mostly mechanical skill related).

Now my gear is not cheap by any means, but the gloves/shield/weapon/amulet were all self crafted. The gloves and shield were crafted via fossil crafting.

I highly doubt my tree is optimal, but storm brand is simply ridiculously strong!
Hi,

I'm looking to start this build tonight, and was going to go Occ, and was wondering if there's a levelling tree guide? Can only find the final, but not the order to take?

Last edited by Converge57 on Jan 5, 2019, 1:56:48 PM
"
DarkenX wrote:
For those who've reached endgame/maps, how's the build working out? Curious about switching to this from the current SB build I'm following, as this does look more viable for killing bosses overall...

I've been tearing through red maps with the Occultist build. High DPS and quite tanky when you've got all the curses going.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info