3.5 Chaos/Cold Storm Brand - Uber Elder✓ 10k EHP ✓ Budget ✓ HC ✓ Hierophant or Occultist

"
Hackusations wrote:
"
killkarabill wrote:
Ok now that i see people are contributing to the original post i have some questions:)

1: How do we play?I mean can someone post a video from casual mapping?What spells do we channel/use except storm brand/recall?

2:At what level should we take CI?I barely get hit even in boss fights..But if anything chaos touch me i go straight to 20% life:)I find it rather dangerous to have to watch around even for the slithest vhaos blob that comes near me:D

3:How much do you think the gear to start mapping costs in BHC if someone is allready there?

Thx a lot in advance:d

P.S. I know that for some of you my questions might be silly or newbbie ones:)
I just came to this wonderful game after 6 years of non stop d3 :P
Show some patience and the well worth disrispect to someone that prefered stupid diablo over this jewel:D

1. I typically Flame Dash around close to packs, but not directly into them. Then I press Brand Recall and cast one or two Storm Brands at mobs farthest away from the Recall spots to ensure everything is cleared. Rinse and repeat for general map clear. You only need to use Wither-CwC-Frost Bomb on bosses and when there is a safe window of time to do so.

2. CI is much more gear dependent than level dependent. Unlike Life where your character gets a starting HP and +12 Life for every level, which adds up to be a substantial amount of what you're increasing with life nodes, when it comes to ES you start with zero and you get nothing from levels. Base ES all comes from gear, a few flat passives in the tree, and ascendancy nodes. On top of that CI builds are weak to status effects because by default they are based on total life and thus need ways to resist/remove/prevent them. So in the case of stun the OP was using Occultist ascendancy to immune to stun while having ES. I use Skyforth to base stun threshold on 500% of my mana, which equates to 10,000+ life. So a lot of components need to be in place before you switch to CI, which means it is generally better to build as a Life/MoM version of the build and then switch to CI when you have the gear ready.

Good info here. In my experience (and in this case) you can comfortably switch to CI after 2nd lab when you take Vile Bastion and have like 10c to buy some basic ES gear. Also- Warlords Mark helps a lot here.
Last edited by muera on Dec 31, 2018, 1:02:13 AM
"
killkarabill wrote:
Thx a lot for the help Muera..Keep the tree up so we can have a look at it while leveling..Good luck to everything you do m8.:)

p.s. Can you enlighten me a bit regarding the playstyle?How do you progress in a map?WHat do you cast?Do you channel anything or just cast storm brands blink brand recall etc etc?
Thx in advance:DD

I used two CWDT setups, no wither. But you can use Wither with totem (or even two of them these days) or just simply channel it. Someone explained the play style couple posts above. it's VERY simple, you'll like it :)

Regarding the tree- I would definitely go for Celestial Judgement and also maybe Celestial Punishment now, so don't really follow my tree man, it's not perfect at all :) While leveling just make sure to take all the brand runes first, starting with Runebinder. Take Elemental Overload and Explosive Runes on the way there. Runesmith after that.
"
muera wrote:
"
killkarabill wrote:
Thx a lot for the help Muera..Keep the tree up so we can have a look at it while leveling..Good luck to everything you do m8.:)

p.s. Can you enlighten me a bit regarding the playstyle?How do you progress in a map?WHat do you cast?Do you channel anything or just cast storm brands blink brand recall etc etc?
Thx in advance:DD

I used two CWDT setups, no wither. But you can use Wither with totem (or even two of them these days) or just simply channel it. Someone explained the play style couple posts above. it's VERY simple, you'll like it :)

Regarding the tree- I would definitely go for Celestial Judgement and also maybe Celestial Punishment now, so don't really follow my tree man, it's not perfect at all :) While leveling just make sure to take all the brand runes first, starting with Runebinder. Take Elemental Overload and Explosive Runes on the way there. Runesmith after that.

you could go with something like this ... poeurl.com/cenv
Thats great Muera..Thx a lot all of you guys for the effort and for the
patience to clarify simple things to newcomers like me..Its trully remarkable
how many things you can learn for the game just by trying to understand a build and its tree potential..

For last if someone can make a list with the links we should use with occultist,non-crit version with this last tree that muera linked it would be really amazing:).

Also happy new year to all of you guys.
OK, I started this build a while back took it to lev 60 then took a break and built a WO and took it to maps. Now I come back to hopefully take this char to maps as well and see that everything in this thread has changed :)

So starting from page 36 I now have 3 different POB trees up for a templar Hiero, Im confused :):)....can someone kindly tell me which is the best path to follow with this build now and link it please for POB purposes. I have a lot of work to do to get out of Arc and into SB and continue on in HC.

Thank you!
I hit level 70 on this build and got the appropriate gear. Clear speed is fine but the single target damage is scary slow. Will keep playing to see how it does.
"
Draegan101 wrote:
I hit level 70 on this build and got the appropriate gear. Clear speed is fine but the single target damage is scary slow. Will keep playing to see how it does.

Yeah storm brand's single target damage is a bit meh. You could add a vaal storm call setup or lightning spire trap to help with beefy bosses/rares.

I was bored with my arc totem so respec'ed into this build and it's so fun. Tried it on a red elder and it was super easy. Since I dont want to commit to the build yet so my gear is quite budget (~1ex total)

I may want to push this to uber elder, and it would be the first build I take on uber elder that is not mine or trap.
Hey ! Build looks awesome, will be checking this out.
One question tho. how come you have shaman's Dominion, if you changed to Storm brand ?
Ok can someone update the links we should use for occultist?

I know what the 5 or 6 link should be..I am a bit confused with the other 4 links..What should they include?What curses and what gem levels?
Can someone playing the build or knowing the setup better than me
make a post?I would be really grateful

Ty
Last edited by killkarabill on Jan 1, 2019, 5:07:48 PM
"
Saveyy wrote:
Hey ! Build looks awesome, will be checking this out.
One question tho. how come you have shaman's Dominion, if you changed to Storm brand ?

Shaman's Dominion gives 50% crit with brand and 20% multi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info