[3.5] (This is a bad league starter) Lancing Steel + Shattering Steel - Deadeye - League Starter

"
zzizu wrote:
How will this build live? What protective mehanics does he have? What about sustain mana?

very likely dodge and arctic armour. also the dread banner maybe.

mana leech should be very effective because u get multiple hits per skill use.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Betrayal

Stat Sticks
The use of "stat sticks" has been a feature of Path of Exile for a very long time.

A stat stick is an off-hand weapon that is not valid to use with a skill you are using when dual wielding. You get all the benefits of the stats on the weapon, while not having any limitations it might have affecting the use of the skill. You can use a weapon that has the attack speed and/or damage you want for the skill, while the off-hand weapon provides excellent stats without its speed or base damage limiting you.

This use started off as an interesting gameplay element to use as part of a build, but over many releases, as more powerful modifiers on unique and rare weapons have been added, the power of stat sticks cannot be ignored when planning builds and is stifling other choices including genuine dual-wielding.

In 3.5.0 we are removing the ability to use stat sticks, through the following changes:
  • You will no longer be able to use skills that require a specific weapon equipped if you are dual-wielding and one of your equipped weapons is unsuitable for that skill.
  • Skills that could be used with two weapons, but were main-hand-only when used, now use both weapons when dual wielding.

We found that with this change it was important to make skillbinds specific to your weapon set. You can now have an entirely different set of skills bound to your main set of weapons and your second set of weapons.

OK well because of this announcement, we now know we cant use statsticks for lancing/shattering steel. It wont even be possible to hold a shaper sceptre while lancing. Good to know.

This might be an indirect buff to beltimber.

Hopefully they don't hit the additional projectiles on it - seeing as there seem to be molten strike helmet enchant nerfs, I'm hoping that doesn't spill over into grelwood, and by association, Beltimber.

We'll see tomorrow.
"
Haussman wrote:
Hopefully they don't hit the additional projectiles on it - seeing as there seem to be molten strike helmet enchant nerfs, I'm hoping that doesn't spill over into grelwood, and by association, Beltimber.

We'll see tomorrow.

oh they mentioned they want shaper/elder uniques to be stronger. Beltimber might become stronger and rarer? we'll see....
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Dec 3, 2018, 9:03:20 PM
"
Hollyphantom wrote:

oh they mentioned they want shaper/elder uniques to be stronger. Beltimber might become stronger and rarer? we'll see....

My guess is, if anything, they might (MIGHT) reduce the projectile from 2 to 1, but buff the damage of the sword itself. I doubt it would get nerfed without some kind of compensation, as there were literally 5 people in delve who hit 95+ using it. Compare that to 579 using grelwood. I could see it being considered for a re-balancing
Last edited by Haussman on Dec 3, 2018, 9:55:14 PM
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:
Its going to take a bit of experimentation to find the best combination of skills, supports I think, which should be fun.
Based on previous experience shotgunning projectiles will either not be effective at all, or massively OP for a while.

I'm planning on starting with elemental or hybrid ele, then transitioning to pure phys. It's just a bit easier gearing wise until you can get a nice rare/beltimbers. Get some cold and the shatters are nice while you are still squishy too.

yea im thinking the same as u. if i use ewar's, i will probably do ele first. added cold/lightning levels with u so it could be nice.

This is directly from the announcement of the two new Impale skills. You might want to plan to go pure physical if I had to guess:

Impale
Shattering Steel has a chance to Impale, a new debuff that rewards repeat hits. Impaled enemies are covered in sharp metal spikes, making any hits taken more painful for the enemy. When you Impale an enemy, 10% of the unmitigated PHYSICAL damage of the attack is stored, and the next 5 hits that enemy takes from any source will cause them to also take this stored damage.

IGN: Arkon_Melee_LoL

https://www.twitch.tv/arkon9944
"
arkon9944 wrote:
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:
Its going to take a bit of experimentation to find the best combination of skills, supports I think, which should be fun.
Based on previous experience shotgunning projectiles will either not be effective at all, or massively OP for a while.

I'm planning on starting with elemental or hybrid ele, then transitioning to pure phys. It's just a bit easier gearing wise until you can get a nice rare/beltimbers. Get some cold and the shatters are nice while you are still squishy too.

yea im thinking the same as u. if i use ewar's, i will probably do ele first. added cold/lightning levels with u so it could be nice.

This is directly from the announcement of the two new Impale skills. You might want to plan to go pure physical if I had to guess:

Impale
Shattering Steel has a chance to Impale, a new debuff that rewards repeat hits. Impaled enemies are covered in sharp metal spikes, making any hits taken more painful for the enemy. When you Impale an enemy, 10% of the unmitigated PHYSICAL damage of the attack is stored, and the next 5 hits that enemy takes from any source will cause them to also take this stored damage.

yea pure phys was my original plan and still is. if i dont feel like i want to use ewar's then i'll do pure phys from the beginning.
"
arkon9944 wrote:
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:

Impale

Yes, but that is only relevant when you have enough physical damage for it to be relevant. Normally, for starter builds with low levels of gear it's easier to get elemental damage on weapons/low level abyss jewels/auras.
If I get a decent weapon early, or if there is a cheap new or buffed unique for it I'll just go phys from the start.
"
Haussman wrote:
"
Hollyphantom wrote:

My guess is, if anything, they might (MIGHT) reduce the projectile from 2 to 1, but buff the damage of the sword itself. I doubt it would get nerfed without some kind of compensation, as there were literally 5 people in delve who hit 95+ using it. Compare that to 579 using grelwood. I could see it being considered for a re-balancing

Less projectiles but more damage would probably be a straight up buff for us.
"Beltimber Blade now has 185-215% (up from 170-190%) increased Physical Damage."

Okay then!

not sure if champion changes bring it above deadeye tbh
Last edited by mortimermcmire on Dec 4, 2018, 8:05:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info