[3.5] (This is a bad league starter) Lancing Steel + Shattering Steel - Deadeye - League Starter

You have exactly the same concept as me for Lancing Steel I'm planning for new league. The main theme is exploit as many projectiles as possible, as fast as possible, with all chaining, all causing bleeding to Maximize profit from Rupture (Deadeye). Also, Tailwind!

Maximize Crit benefits with something like [Ahn's Might] + insane AS with 3 green slots [Prismatic Eclipse]. Then take advantage of sweet Dual wielding nodes all over our skill tree. They are in the way and add both offensive and defensive buff to the build (Block nonetheless), plus the default benefits with more AS and everything.

My WIP tree:
https://pastebin.com/YMu2WHjD

I decided against going to Marauder, because the awesome big crit nodes (Disemboweling) are for Melee only, and even if it were, I'd get way more crit from going top right to shadow and middle for 'True Strike' . Of course that means losing around 85% increased Phy damage from sword/one handed nodes there, but I also get more Attack Speed from shadow , and some int to help at league start.

For sure I'd try get 'Haemophilia' to start dramatic chain reaction all over the place, with so many projectiles and chain and bleeding, this will be cherry on the top.. It would make use of some Area of effect increase, which we can't afford in this expensive tree. But I think Endless Munition (Deadeye) would be enough along with Ahn's small buff.

For gem setup, I'm still flipping coins in my mind until all details about the gem are released. All of (Chain, Crit, Life gain on hit, Volley, Slower Projectile, Maim, Vicious Projectile, and Brutality) can have pretty good synergy. But which 5 to choose from these 8?

* Chain is a must, wouldn't take pierce over it with lancing Steel.

* Brutality? No elemental/chaos at all for 60% MORE damage. Hard to skip, way better than Slower projectile if we have to choose. But if we plan to use Gloomfang for some reason.. then I'd re-consider
* Maim is good fit for 'pure' setup with Brutality.
* Crit? depending on Impale mechanics. Is making as big as possible damage in single projectile the only thing that matter? Or does Impale keep increasing in damage with each consecutive hit? (Like if Impale damage damage count along with your normal hit damage to build up for even greater Impale damage caused by next hit? Eeither Crit Multi or chance will work better in each case.
* Life gain on hit will be good enough with all these projectiles/chains/explosions? Or leech is still better? Or we must have both (one from tree, one from supp) ?
* Volley V.S GMP.. From what I see in the video they showed. Volley is way better to control the spread if not for something else. But we need to know it doesn't ruin the shutgun. I hope it doesn't!
* Vicious Projectile is great and all, but if the bleeding is significant, it's even more important than ever! would it outweigh crit in crit setup? we gonna see!
* We have lots of nodes that give: "Attack Skills deal #% increased damage with Ailments" as side bonus in Sword/Phy/One handed nodes. So can we get some good damage from bleeding along the phy/impale damage? We gotta see how this works. Can Chance to Bleed with its added flat phy damage be good to increase Impale damage better than normal +#% supports ?

Also, Power Charge On Critical on a secondary skill, I still think what could work nicely with this tree. Maybe Vaal Double Strike on 4L.

All said, most are concepts/theories. I'm not very experienced with the game here (as you can see from my tree) , but I'm trying, and I'm willing to hear more feedback from you guys. So correct me if I'm wrong, some of these ideas I didn't try myself, so ...
"
givemelight wrote:
You have exactly the same concept as me for Lancing Steel I'm planning for new league. The main theme is exploit as many projectiles as possible, as fast as possible, with all chaining, all causing bleeding to Maximize profit from Rupture (Deadeye). Also, Tailwind!

Maximize Crit benefits with something like [Ahn's Might] + insane AS with 3 green slots [Prismatic Eclipse]. Then take advantage of sweet Dual wielding nodes all over our skill tree. They are in the way and add both offensive and defensive buff to the build (Block nonetheless), plus the default benefits with more AS and everything.

My WIP tree:
https://pastebin.com/YMu2WHjD

I decided against going to Marauder, because the awesome big crit nodes (Disemboweling) are for Melee only, and even if it were, I'd get way more crit from going top right to shadow and middle for 'True Strike' . Of course that means losing around 85% increased Phy damage from sword/one handed nodes there, but I also get more Attack Speed from shadow , and some int to help at league start.

For sure I'd try get 'Haemophilia' to start dramatic chain reaction all over the place, with so many projectiles and chain and bleeding, this will be cherry on the top.. It would make use of some Area of effect increase, which we can't afford in this expensive tree. But I think Endless Munition (Deadeye) would be enough along with Ahn's small buff.

For gem setup, I'm still flipping coins in my mind until all details about the gem are released. All of (Chain, Crit, Life gain on hit, Volley, Slower Projectile, Maim, Vicious Projectile, and Brutality) can have pretty good synergy. But which 5 to choose from these 8?

* Chain is a must, wouldn't take pierce over it with lancing Steel.

* Brutality? No elemental/chaos at all for 60% MORE damage. Hard to skip, way better than Slower projectile if we have to choose. But if we plan to use Gloomfang for some reason.. then I'd re-consider
* Maim is good fit for 'pure' setup with Brutality.
* Crit? depending on Impale mechanics. Is making as big as possible damage in single projectile the only thing that matter? Or does Impale keep increasing in damage with each consecutive hit? (Like if Impale damage damage count along with your normal hit damage to build up for even greater Impale damage caused by next hit? Eeither Crit Multi or chance will work better in each case.
* Life gain on hit will be good enough with all these projectiles/chains/explosions? Or leech is still better? Or we must have both (one from tree, one from supp) ?
* Volley V.S GMP.. From what I see in the video they showed. Volley is way better to control the spread if not for something else. But we need to know it doesn't ruin the shutgun. I hope it doesn't!
* Vicious Projectile is great and all, but if the bleeding is significant, it's even more important than ever! would it outweigh crit in crit setup? we gonna see!
* We have lots of nodes that give: "Attack Skills deal #% increased damage with Ailments" as side bonus in Sword/Phy/One handed nodes. So can we get some good damage from bleeding along the phy/impale damage? We gotta see how this works. Can Chance to Bleed with its added flat phy damage be good to increase Impale damage better than normal +#% supports ?

Also, Power Charge On Critical on a secondary skill, I still think what could work nicely with this tree. Maybe Vaal Double Strike on 4L.

All said, most are concepts/theories. I'm not very experienced with the game here (as you can see from my tree) , but I'm trying, and I'm willing to hear more feedback from you guys. So correct me if I'm wrong, some of these ideas I didn't try myself, so ...

There's already many things clearly wrong with your build. My guide will definitely help you. Some concerns are:

1. bleed is really weak. unless ggg buffs bleed, you should just forget that bleed ever exists unless u are gladiator. keep in mind, bleed explosions probably wont work well unless u have many sources of "global phys damage", which only gladiator has.

2. you tree lacks life. go for at least 160%, ideally 180%.

3. you should theory craft builds at lv 90.

4. every support gem in your 6 link is not in my plan, since they are low-DPS. chain is the only one i might use. Actually, volley+shattering steel could be interesting. I wonder what that's like.

5. VDS wont do too much dps because it's melee. You're trying to scale proj damage.

these r just some clues for u to think about. again, i hope my guide will help u. I'll update some stuff in the next few days.

Last edited by Hollyphantom on Nov 25, 2018, 7:04:54 AM
Have you considered a different ascendancy? Gladiator seems to be synergizing well with the innate bleed it gets. Free Bleedsplosions with Glad, could also use Slayer for reflect immunity since its a pure phys skill. I do have a skill tree for the Glad version made up if you are interested in looking at it. It's more league start friendly, but it won't scale as hard as a crit build will. However you could also adapt it to crit easily. Maybe go 2h with slayer even. Many options for this skill, but I'm not sure that Deadeye is key to it's success. (Neither is duelist, just was my first go-to for theorycrafting these two skills)
"
Deshy wrote:
Have you considered a different ascendancy? Gladiator seems to be synergizing well with the innate bleed it gets. Free Bleedsplosions with Glad, could also use Slayer for reflect immunity since its a pure phys skill. I do have a skill tree for the Glad version made up if you are interested in looking at it. It's more league start friendly, but it won't scale as hard as a crit build will. However you could also adapt it to crit easily. Maybe go 2h with slayer even. Many options for this skill, but I'm not sure that Deadeye is key to it's success. (Neither is duelist, just was my first go-to for theorycrafting these two skills)

yea i considered all options. My 3 biggest aims were to use the beltimber blade, try my best to go pure phys, and budget/noob friendly. With that in mind, crit is essential but beltimber lacks crit chance. So I wanted to cover crit (or accuracy) in the ascendancy if possible. Also, many ascendancies are ele or chaos focused, so that was no good. dual weild is also nice for the crit nodes. And some are melee focused like champion. In terms of defense, I like to stack dodge. It is not too hard to nearly cap dodge, and it works with spells too. And scion works but she works best with really expensive jewels.

so I was stuck between assassin and deadeye. but assassin's poison stuff wont work with a phys build. and everyone likes the speed that deadeye offers, and i mean, i think it is the most default ascendancy to try because it is proj-based. she gives accuracy too, which is huge. And the
endless munitions" node might be ridiculously good for shattering steel (50% AOE + add proj).

Ok so about glad. I honestly have no experience with gladiator. Youre right that bleedspolsions are nice, esp considering a pure phys build would not match well with herald of ash, and herald of ice wouldnt work. But I think i'd rather clear with chain or fork or additional proj, and see how that goes. From the videos, it already looked like the projectiles spread out pretty wide, so I thought maybe single target is a bigger issue than clearing. I also felt like I should invest fully into bleed with glad, which I didnt wanna do.

I'd totally understand if u went glad tho. but I just wanna try deadeye first.

"
Hollyphantom wrote:

There's already many things clearly wrong with your build. My guide will definitely help you. Some concerns are:

1. bleed is really weak. unless ggg buffs bleed, you should just forget that bleed ever exists unless u are gladiator. keep in mind, bleed explosions probably wont work well unless u have many sources of "global phys damage", which only gladiator has.

4. every support gem in your 6 link is not in my plan, since they are low-DPS. chain is the only one i might use. Actually, volley+shattering steel could be interesting. I wonder what that's like.

5. VDS wont do too much dps because it's melee. You're trying to scale proj damage.

these r just some clues for u to think about. again, i hope my guide will help u. I'll update some stuff in the next few days.

I understand that my tree needs so much work, gotta learn a lot by sticking with this discussion I hope.

1. Explosions are secondary damage, similar to Detonate Dead I think. It will not benefit from "attack" damage, but only global phy/damage. But it's just some extra aoe damage to fasten clearing speed not the core of the build.

4. you surprise me about support gems, I'm in puzzle now. Like what important supports I skipped that could do more damage? (Considering Melee supp will not work)

"
givemelight wrote:
"
Hollyphantom wrote:

I understand that my tree needs so much work, gotta learn a lot by sticking with this discussion I hope.

1. Explosions are secondary damage, similar to Detonate Dead I think. It will not benefit from "attack" damage, but only global phy/damage. But it's just some extra aoe damage to fasten clearing speed not the core of the build.

4. you surprise me about support gems, I'm in puzzle now. Like what important supports I skipped that could do more damage? (Considering Melee supp will not work)

ok. ill give u another hint. Make a pure-phys spectral throw build in POB. I say this cuz it will scale damage similarly to lancing/shattering. You'll be able to get an idea of what kind of dps u can do. Also, POB will tell u which support gems have highest dps.

EDIT: Oh wait. I was focusing on your 6link in POB. not in post. Yea, brutality, maim, viscious, crit chancce are good.
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Nov 25, 2018, 11:13:10 AM
I was considering Slayer and 2h as well because damage on full life is a huge damage boost and overleech with VP is just broken, however scaling crit on 2h is a major pain and seems not worth it.

Pretty sure dual wielding and Deadeye is the way to go for damage, survivability should be fine considering you're (kinda) ranged and can still get up to 6k life with some investment.
"
ZoobieTV wrote:
I was considering Slayer and 2h as well because damage on full life is a huge damage boost and overleech with VP is just broken, however scaling crit on 2h is a major pain and seems not worth it.

Pretty sure dual wielding and Deadeye is the way to go for damage, survivability should be fine considering you're (kinda) ranged and can still get up to 6k life with some investment.

well, consider slayer/deadeye scion then.

im thinking volley + shattering + aoe + additional proj + farshot = highest single target dps btw. slayer/deadeye scion can get aoe and additional proj
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
ZoobieTV wrote:

im thinking volley + shattering + aoe + additional proj + farshot = highest single target dps btw. slayer/deadeye scion can get aoe and additional proj

More importantly, the ascendant gets pseudo farshot which stacks with actual farshot at the same time. Scion might actually be the best of both worlds, also you're immune to (phys) reflect with it and get to abuse the might of the meek setup for a ton of crit multi and life.

Do you think that would outshine pure Deadeye? Sounds interesting for sure.

edit: Actually, clearly this is a guide for Deadeye so maybe the wrong place for me to discuss this. Apologies. x)
Last edited by ZoobieTV on Nov 25, 2018, 11:14:29 PM
"
ZoobieTV wrote:
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
ZoobieTV wrote:

More importantly, the ascendant gets pseudo farshot which stacks with actual farshot at the same time. Scion might actually be the best of both worlds, also you're immune to (phys) reflect with it and get to abuse the might of the meek setup for a ton of crit multi and life.

Do you think that would outshine pure Deadeye? Sounds interesting for sure.

edit: Actually, clearly this is a guide for Deadeye so maybe the wrong place for me to discuss this. Apologies. x)

no, no prob. ur right. i saw that advantage too. but scion probably works best with 1x unnatural instinct + 2 might of meek, and we wont yet know if farshot shattering steel is the best choice yet. also, the aoe we get is only if killed recently.

idk, we'll see after patch notes. im undecided. Maybe i'll make a budget vs expensive scion guide. hmm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info