[3.5] (This is a bad league starter) Lancing Steel + Shattering Steel - Deadeye - League Starter

What about just using a Starforge if you're going full physical? You can still get about a 35% chance to crit along the bottom half of the tree with it and also your physical damage shocks is rather useful...
IGN: Arkon_Melee_LoL

https://www.twitch.tv/arkon9944
"
arkon9944 wrote:
What about just using a Starforge if you're going full physical? You can still get about a 35% chance to crit along the bottom half of the tree with it and also your physical damage shocks is rather useful...

several issues with that idea.

1. this is a league starter and a noob friendly build. Starforge didnt go below 300c in the first week in Delve.

2. i want to maximize multiple proj hitting a single target. so multiple proj from beltimber is very nice.

3. dual wield is a faster playstyle and easier to go crit. i like that personally

4. also, ur never gonna shock with much effectiveness, especially bosses. especially since lancing/shattering deals many small hits rather than few hard hits like Earthquake.
Okay so the first 3 things you listed are goals of the build...but just thinking about what you said with #4 for a minute here.

So Lancing Steel in particular seems to fire a big 'bolt' down the middle and the smaller shards follow up a tad behind it

For every 1% of HP that the 'bolt' portion does (on a crit)...that monster will take 5% increased damage for 2 seconds.

Meaning that the 'bolt' portion itself should be able to do enough to shock an enemy and cause it to take more damage from the following shards of the same hit.

1% of Shaper's health is about 40k damage. Obviously map bosses are far less than that. So being able to have a 'sizeable' shock on map bosses while using a Starforge really isn't going to be that uncommon.
IGN: Arkon_Melee_LoL

https://www.twitch.tv/arkon9944
"
arkon9944 wrote:
Okay so the first 3 things you listed are goals of the build...but just thinking about what you said with #4 for a minute here.

So Lancing Steel in particular seems to fire a big 'bolt' down the middle and the smaller shards follow up a tad behind it

For every 1% of HP that the 'bolt' portion does (on a crit)...that monster will take 5% increased damage for 2 seconds.

Meaning that the 'bolt' portion itself should be able to do enough to shock an enemy and cause it to take more damage from the following shards of the same hit.

1% of Shaper's health is about 40k damage. Obviously map bosses are far less than that. So being able to have a 'sizeable' shock on map bosses while using a Starforge really isn't going to be that uncommon.

I think the middle proj is supposed to impale but wont deal any more damage than the rest. thats how it seemed to me. But anyways, you're still trying to use the shock mechanic for something it's not meant to be used for. It wont make a big difference. Starforge's 100 life or the fact that you can have 2 6links or wear kaoms heart are bigger advantages than the shock. The banners that were introduced too, they are a much bigger buff to the build than shock.

Not sure why shock intrigues u so much. r u trying to combine starforge + inpulsa? because that might be a bigger factor than shaper dps. clearing maps fast takes AOE and speed. Not shocking for more dps.

Do you have a pob link already done? I´m just curious how you would spend the points till lvl 90 and compare it with mine.
"
deimudda69 wrote:
Do you have a pob link already done? I´m just curious how you would spend the points till lvl 90 and compare it with mine.

https://pastebin.com/xEcbitbn

work in progress but that's what i have. Some big question marks are

1. lancing or shattering is better for bossing? clearing?

2. should i take point blank?

3. which ascendancy nodes?

4. how important is the # of proj?

5. how important is proj speed?
Nice PoB.
"

This.

And the question how impale works with crit. If crit isn't a thing here, maybe bleed support can be nice. 25% chane to bleed (meh, but in combo with Rupture nice) the 44-66 phys dmg :) mhm, yummy

Fast and Deadly + Powerful Precision looks fine too.

Is impale the only part that benefits from the pure physical? I Think that will mainly determine the Single Target damage.

I am Tempted to try a ele build with 2 Ewar's Mirage. Possible use Molten Strike for Single Target, depends how the + projectiles work for ST.
"
deadmeat9 wrote:
Is impale the only part that benefits from the pure physical? I Think that will mainly determine the Single Target damage.

I am Tempted to try a ele build with 2 Ewar's Mirage. Possible use Molten Strike for Single Target, depends how the + projectiles work for ST.

yea just impale. But it's up to a 50% more multiplier for phys.

yea idk how viable pure phys or ele will be. I'm sure 2 Ewar's Mirage will be great for leveling for a while. Not sure about endgame tho.

If the build needs molten strike for single target, then it's a failed build in my eyes.
"
Ivan_Sorenson wrote:
Nice PoB.
"

This.

And the question how impale works with crit. If crit isn't a thing here, maybe bleed support can be nice. 25% chane to bleed (meh, but in combo with Rupture nice) the 44-66 phys dmg :) mhm, yummy

Fast and Deadly + Powerful Precision looks fine too.

i think how it works is roughly this:

1. u attack

2. calculate accuracy/crit

3. 10% of the main damage is stored as impale.

4. the main damage goes thru mitigation checks (armour, phys reduction, ele resists, etc), including and "increased damage taken" mods (vulnerability, proj weakness). the damage is dealt.

5. the next time u hit the enemy with anything (literally any "hit"), the stored damage in #3 is going to be dealt

6. the impale damage goes thru the mitigation checks in #4. Notice that it goes thru the mitigation checks only once, not twice, so there is no double dipping. This impale counts as secondary damage like reflect. So it cannot cause bleed or other ailments. It's also a separate damage from the main damage, so they wont combine to cause a big bleed for example.

7. the enemy takes the impale damage

I might be wrong on some parts, but im pretty sure impale wont scale bleed damage in any way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info