[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

Is there a pastebin?
https://pastebin.com/xA38DXvn
So I'm crafting a couple of daggers for this build. Two of the suffixes are multi-mod and Crit Multiplier. I'm trying to decide on the last suffix. I think the best choices are:

(50-69)% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
(9-12)% increased Mine Laying Speed
(6-7)% chance to deal Double Damage

I think mine laying speed is essentially cast speed for us. More mines = more dps, its about a 7% boost to dps.

Crit chance is about a 2.5% increase to average hit according to POB.

Double damage is a 6-7% increase to average hit. The problem is I'm not sure if it works for mines, since we are not the ones doing damage, the mines are. If it works, it seems significantly better than crit chance. It's also better than mine laying speed since it makes the item easier to sell as it applies to non-miners as well.

Thoughts?
"
Xiaobear6 wrote:
So I'm crafting a couple of daggers for this build. Two of the suffixes are multi-mod and Crit Multiplier. I'm trying to decide on the last suffix. I think the best choices are:

I think mine laying speed is essentially cast speed for us. More mines = more dps, its about a 7% boost to dps.

Double damage is a 6-7% increase to average hit. The problem is I'm not sure if it works for mines, since we are not the ones doing damage, the mines are. If it works, it seems significantly better than crit chance. It's also better than mine laying speed since it makes the item easier to sell as it applies to non-miners as well.

Thoughts?

I assume double damage chance is local ie only affects damage causes by your dagger. Spells do not use weapons

I would guess that laying speed is better than crit chance. Depends on overall crit chance though
Last edited by Garash on Jan 16, 2019, 4:22:48 PM
"
I assume double damage chance is local ie only affects damage causes by your dagger. Spells do not use weapons

I would guess that laying speed is better than crit chance. Depends on overall crit chance though

So I did some more research. According to reddit, double damage is global and applies to hits. So it won't work for dots, but should work for spells that hit.

In POB, double damage does increase arc mine damage. I'm still not 100% sure though. Has anyone tested this?

OK, I went ahead and did a test.

Used my Chieftain and put a point in Resolute Technique to remove crits. I linked Ice Nova - Remote Mine Support - Elemental Focus Support in a chest. I crafted 9% double damage on a 2 handed ax. Tested with and without the ax equipped. Without the ax, white mobs die predictably at 2-3 hits in this lvl 23 zone.

With the ax equipped, sometimes one or two mobs will take much more damage compared to the rest, as you can see in the image above.

I think we can definitively say that double damage works with remote mines. In which case, I think it's the best suffix for arc mines, adding 6-7% to total damage.
Last edited by Xiaobear6 on Jan 17, 2019, 5:25:44 AM
"
Xiaobear6 wrote:

Thoughts?

There's another suffix, % crit multi when rare or unique enemy is nearby. Probably better than any of the other options.
I switch this build to ES. Great starter for league.

Gem setup is the same, and you need same stats crit/multi/light dmg.

If you have some currency es will be better:)

lvl 99 10k es.

My gear :

Spoiler

Hello.
I killed everyone, only Uber Elder remained. Can you tell me, I can kill him with my gear? (there were no other questions).Maybe something needs to be changed?
Help me choose a filter to search for a wand in the trade?
What are the priorities stats on the wand?
And what is the result of better than 2 wands or a wand + shield (if all the more profitable is the shield, which stats are in priority?

Thanks in advance for the answer. The build is very good.
Hello,

I'm using ur build to test before PS4 releases, to see which one im going to use. Now i'm at level 35 and have arc with the supported gems as u stated. But i'm a bit low on mana because of the reserved mana with the auras.

I'm running a 6L because i have a tabula (not 1st char), what can i do to fix this? I'm running Arc - Remote - Minefield - Add lightning dmg - Added cold dmg - Inc Crit

I was a beast with the older setup with the lightning trap, smelting everything, i feel like i want to use that instead of arc
Last edited by Floep on Jan 18, 2019, 6:10:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info