[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
you should look into dropping Minefield for a better damage support once you get the "place an additional mine" mod on your Shaper helmet. you'll do a lot more damage, but with less Arc coverage (half as many potential hits, but I still clear multiple packs with a single "cast")

PoB should make it easy to realize, but I can go into numbers if you're not seeing it. before the Shaper helmet, Minefield triples the number of mines you place. after the Shaper helmet, Minefield only doubles the number of mines you place, so other supports end up being stronger. this provides a noticeable boost to DPS and a MASSIVE boost to your fully-prepped single-target burst

great guide nonetheless :D

Yes, I believe people take out minefield for bosses but leave it in for general mapping
"
MillenniumDH wrote:
Reached act 4 today, clear speed is so good with arc mines. Are there any useful leveling wands/sceptres that can make things easier around these levels?

Not many good leveling wands or sceptres. The +1 lightning wand should hard carry
"
greloziom wrote:
Hi.

I am kinda new. Could you please specify what weapons modififiers shall I focus on before getting the final ones please?

My current build:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/greloziom/characters?characterName=LondonsBomberMan

I do not know how to link items here, I would be glad if you could t ell me that as well. Should I keep lightning spire trap all the time?

Your gear looks good for the stage you are in. I'd focus on getting flat mana on jewelry and a shield with crit for spells.

The craft on gloves and shield don't help you at all either
"
Hey, I just wanted to drop by and say thanks for this guide - I'm still kinda new to the game and decided to use this as my starter for Betrayal and so far so good! I'm currently level 77 and am farming currency for an Essence Worm.

I don't quite get the point of the spell totem/detonate mines combo, though. My understanding is that it's supposed to detonate mines any time I place them nearby - does that sound right?

Thanks again!

This is correct.

I usually only use the combo in delves because I can be lazy and hold down right click :)
"
sondertg wrote:
hey. i liked this build so much. it gives everything we need without any investment.

and i need help about usin smoke mine setup. dont understand how to use and lost tons of exp trying to figure. with light spire and arc setup not much slot left on skill set. any tip for usin smoke mine? and i am thinking to get eldri battery node with another mom helm. cause i guess mom makes us a lot tankier.

also what about using this flask

here my build, will be good any suggestion so i can improve my character.

People usually just use smoke mine for the movement speed, the blink is meh
"
Edeka wrote:
Hello! How do you handle Chaos damage with this build? Talking about the Chaos Spitters in Incursions

You can use atziri's promise when you do chayula. With the vaal constructs you just can't place mines right in their face because they will stack on you.

Phase acro + vaal grace are also god tier for them
Well, this just happened. Meaning the enchant of course.

Guess this is the perfect timing to use GC mines as my 6L and Arc Mines in the helmet. Now, what are the best gems to use with GC mines?

GC + Remote Mine + Trap and Mine Damage + Controlled Destruction + Cold Penetration + ?

Concentrated Effect I guess?
"
AnActualHorn wrote:
"
you should look into dropping Minefield for a better damage support once you get the "place an additional mine" mod on your Shaper helmet. you'll do a lot more damage, but with less Arc coverage (half as many potential hits, but I still clear multiple packs with a single "cast")

PoB should make it easy to realize, but I can go into numbers if you're not seeing it. before the Shaper helmet, Minefield triples the number of mines you place. after the Shaper helmet, Minefield only doubles the number of mines you place, so other supports end up being stronger. this provides a noticeable boost to DPS and a MASSIVE boost to your fully-prepped single-target burst

great guide nonetheless :D

Yes, I believe people take out minefield for bosses but leave it in for general mapping

does this mean I put my arc on my helm and put lightning spire on my chest and remove minefield for more damage? I'm kinda new so am confused. Because to my understanding doesnt the mod only affect the gems on the helm?

Also I see a lot of builds using controlled destruction on the helm with lightning spire how come you chose differently for this build?

Also would it be possible to transition into a late-game GC boss killer with the +1 mine enchant on the helm? like 6L arc pseudo on helm and 6L GC or would lightning spire just be enough?

Thank you! I'm just curious as all these information is so overwhelming lol.
Been having great success with the build so far though :D
Last edited by Chaavy on Dec 13, 2018, 1:53:05 PM
"
Chaavy wrote:

does this mean I put my arc on my helm and put lightning spire on my chest and remove minefield for more damage? I'm kinda new so am confused. Because to my understanding doesnt the mod only affect the gems on the helm?

Yes, once you have a helmet with "Place an additional mine", you can switch out Minefield for something else (best to check PoB with your character, it will tell you which one suits you the best).

That is also the right moment to change Arc from your 6L chest to your helmet, and using another skill in the chest. For example Glacial Cascade.

"
Chaavy wrote:

Also I see a lot of builds using controlled destruction on the helm with lightning spire how come you chose differently for here?

Lots of times those gems are just a way stronger combination over time. PoB helps here.

"
Chaavy wrote:

Also would it be possible to transition into a late-game GC boss killer with the +1 mine enchant on the helm? like 6L GC with 6L arc on the helm?

Yes.

And also: Yes, this build rocks.
Would it be possible to switch to traps after reaching maps? Do passive tree and gearing require much change?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info