[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

This dropped for me and daaamn that dmg boost.
But I have problem now with mana during long fights without trash to refill flasks because of that dmg taken. I'll try to find good shield to replace one of Shimmeron.

Now my PoB shows ~135k dps per mine. Seems good.
"
KhobarKast wrote:
"
Chaavy wrote:

does this mean I put my arc on my helm and put lightning spire on my chest and remove minefield for more damage? I'm kinda new so am confused. Because to my understanding doesnt the mod only affect the gems on the helm?

Yes, once you have a helmet with "Place an additional mine", you can switch out Minefield for something else (best to check PoB with your character, it will tell you which one suits you the best).

That is also the right moment to change Arc from your 6L chest to your helmet, and using another skill in the chest. For example Glacial Cascade.

"
Chaavy wrote:

Also I see a lot of builds using controlled destruction on the helm with lightning spire how come you chose differently for here?

Lots of times those gems are just a way stronger combination over time. PoB helps here.

"
Chaavy wrote:

Also would it be possible to transition into a late-game GC boss killer with the +1 mine enchant on the helm? like 6L GC with 6L arc on the helm?

Yes.

And also: Yes, this build rocks.

hi, thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. I also wanted to ask in terms of weapon how come I see some people going dual wands etc? is it just for more damage by sacrificing survivability? Are shimmeron's good daggers to aim for?

If possible could you take a look at my miner and see what I could upgrade as I got pretty lucky this league and am sitting at about 8ex so I could invest more into the build but dont really know how to besides the +1 helm , 6L loreweave and rings.

Would getting the shaper ring be good for this build?

Also can I not use clarity so I can get the jewel that gives increased dmg when no mana is reserved? would the build survive without clarity as I feel like the unique mana flask basically just gives u vaal clarity everytime so clarity kinda feels useless in some sense but I may be wrong.

Again, thank you so much for your reply. Really apprecaite it.
"
Chaavy wrote:

hi, thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. I also wanted to ask in terms of weapon how come I see some people going dual wands etc? is it just for more damage by sacrificing survivability? Are shimmeron's good daggers to aim for?

If possible could you take a look at my miner and see what I could upgrade as I got pretty lucky this league and am sitting at about 8ex so I could invest more into the build but dont really know how to besides the +1 helm , 6L loreweave and rings.

Also can I not use clarity so I can get the jewel that gives increased dmg when no mana is reserved? would the build survive without clarity as I feel like the unique mana flask basically just gives u vaal clarity everytime so clarity kinda feels useless in some sense but I may be wrong.

You are welcome :) I am definitely not an expert, but I have a lot of time to play and the more you play and think about it, the more you learn over time. But glad I am able to help you!

Yeah, at some point people try and see how they survive without a shield instead of a second weapon. If they can do several maps deathless, the change is eligible and makes sense. It really depends on how good your defenses are (Resistance cap, Life amount, Mana amount if MoM, etc.). It is very possible they change to a shield with less offensive modifiers when it comes to the T16 / T17 content.

The +1 helmet is a big upgrade, as is a 6L Loreweave (higher resistance cap!). I think an Essence Worm for an unreserved wrath brings a big boost. In PoB my Averate Hit with Arc jumps from 58k to 70k thanks to Wrath. Of course you need to have pretty costly rares in other slots to be able to live with the missing resistances and life/mana on the Essence Worm.

Never had a Shaper Ring, can't help you there. Try it in PoB and see how it changes.

And true, I have also seen people running around without Clarity and rather with the Clear Mind jewel you mentioned. I guess its a good tradeoff, as way higher damage = less mana necessary to kill something. Can't tell you if this works out though in terms of survivability, couldn't try it out myself yet.
"
KhobarKast wrote:
"
Chaavy wrote:

You are welcome :) I am definitely not an expert, but I have a lot of time to play and the more you play and think about it, the more you learn over time. But glad I am able to help you!

Yeah, at some point people try and see how they survive without a shield instead of a second weapon. If they can do several maps deathless, the change is eligible and makes sense. It really depends on how good your defenses are (Resistance cap, Life amount, Mana amount if MoM, etc.). It is very possible they change to a shield with less offensive modifiers when it comes to the T16 / T17 content.

The +1 helmet is a big upgrade, as is a 6L Loreweave (higher resistance cap!). I think an Essence Worm for an unreserved wrath brings a big boost. In PoB my Averate Hit with Arc jumps from 58k to 70k thanks to Wrath. Of course you need to have pretty costly rares in other slots to be able to live with the missing resistances and life/mana on the Essence Worm.

Never had a Shaper Ring, can't help you there. Try it in PoB and see how it changes.

And true, I have also seen people running around without Clarity and rather with the Clear Mind jewel you mentioned. I guess its a good tradeoff, as way higher damage = less mana necessary to kill something. Can't tell you if this works out though in terms of survivability, couldn't try it out myself yet.

I see, I guess I will have to mess around in PoB. I was lucky with my first loreweave as after trading 120 rings my first divine got it max res capped :D.

Thanks again, ill keep your suggestions in mind!
"
AnActualHorn wrote:
"
Edeka wrote:
Hello! How do you handle Chaos damage with this build? Talking about the Chaos Spitters in Incursions

You can use atziri's promise when you do chayula. With the vaal constructs you just can't place mines right in their face because they will stack on you.

Phase acro + vaal grace are also god tier for them

Thanks a lot!
"
KhobarKast wrote:
"
Chaavy wrote:

sorry I forgot to ask if I switch to GC would I have to change anything in the tree? or do anything else differently like different jewels etc?
"
Edeka wrote:

Your boots are colored the wrong way, Cast When Damage Taken has to be first.

Read the following:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_when_Damage_Taken_Support

You're wrong. It doesn't matter where CWDT is.
"
kingzero753 wrote:
"
Edeka wrote:

Read the following:

I'm not:

"The linked sockets also follow a specific order, as follows:

1 ⇒ 2

4 ⇐ 3

5 ⇒ 6"
Last edited by Edeka on Dec 14, 2018, 6:30:00 AM
"
Edeka wrote:
"
kingzero753 wrote:
"
Edeka wrote:

Read the following:

I'm not:

"The linked sockets also follow a specific order, as follows:

1 ⇒ 2

4 ⇐ 3

5 ⇒ 6"

The CWDT doesn't have to be in position 1... as long as it's linked somewhere, the triggered spells will go off in the given order (for example, with CWDT in position 3, the spells will trigger in the order 1, 2, 4, 5, 6).

I have immortal call in 1 and CWDT in 2, and it pops off all the time
Last edited by joshagarrado on Dec 14, 2018, 7:54:07 AM
Oh, seems like you are right. Interesting. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info