[3.6] Immortal Blade Flurry Assassin - Face-tank All Content - [CAN BE DONE ON BUDGET!] - 1 MIL+ DPS

Hey, thanks for this guide!
Could you maybe take a look on my Character? I know i have to Level my Gems but, even if i set all gems to level 20 in PoB (Without the CWDT Setup) my DPS is realy low. Like 30k lower than your average Stats in PoB.

Do you maybe have an idea why?
Hmm I am 86 currently, should I go for Iron reflect first or Unwaving Stance? I am trying to complete the content at like 91 92 :D

You think what kind of changes should I make on my char? I feel really cant do elder and shaper and uber now ;( I think having a enlighten 4 is a must now to add a Purity for a real dmg boost?
Last edited by aka2411 on Dec 22, 2018, 11:58:24 AM
"
aka2411 wrote:
how important is attack speed in this build? can i have an faster attack gem get in somewhere :D

Attack speed is important to the build, but just getting it naturally from the tree is good enough for the build. We already have instant leech so that covers a decent amount of bases.

Throwing in a Faster Attacks Support gem in the main link is actually less DPS so I would not recommend it. The current getm setup is the most DPS you can get from the current build.

Good luck!
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
"
Larokan wrote:
Hey, thanks for this guide!
Could you maybe take a look on my Character? I know i have to Level my Gems but, even if i set all gems to level 20 in PoB (Without the CWDT Setup) my DPS is realy low. Like 30k lower than your average Stats in PoB.

Do you maybe have an idea why?

30K is not TOO large of a difference if you are within that close to my current DPS with the version of my character. That gap can easily be caught up with more critical strike multiplier on your items. The best place for this would be your jewels.

Remember, I self-crafted mine until I had the ones I wanted for my build for end-game. If you see some of my jewels, I have double crit multi on them. That really increases the DPS by a ton. I would say you are currently in a pretty good spot.

The min-maxing is really going to be happening on your gear and jewels. Also, like you said, once you get those skill gems at a higher level, the DPS will really start making a huge difference in mapping and bossing.

If you need anything else, let me know! :)

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
"
aka2411 wrote:
Hmm I am 86 currently, should I go for Iron reflect first or Unwaving Stance? I am trying to complete the content at like 91 92 :D

You think what kind of changes should I make on my char? I feel really cant do elder and shaper and uber now ;( I think having a enlighten 4 is a must now to add a Purity for a real dmg boost?

You can get Iron Reflect first, but if you can get them at the same time, I would priortize in that. But, one thing about that is for what kind of content you are thinking of tackling. You still need to make sure you are confident enough in your DPS and knowing if you can out-leech and instant leech faster than the enemies attacking you.

Once you get to that point and have some respectable DPS, then you can fight the end-game content a lot easier and smoother. The added Herald of Purity really does push the damage of the build a lot.

I would also just recommend min-maxing some of your jewels to get the DPS even higher. Still grab as much maximum life percentage you can if you do though. It makes a huge difference for DPS and survival.

Let me know if you need anything else, exile!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Cool build, I notice one area that you could change. Instead of taking the 2 DEX + Jewel slot just SE of center you could go up to the center and grab the 2 resists + jewel slot. I am using it and am not lacking on dex at all. Since this build doesn't benefit from dex outside of reqs, I think its a better as far as I can tell.

Thanks for making this!

1 Question. If I don't have any enlighten yet, should I run herald or curse with my remaining mana on top of a damage aura?

P.S: I am slightly modifying this to get higher PDR and using Cyclone. This saves quite a bit of points. I'll let you know how it goes.

P.S.S: For a budget since Lycosidae is so high right now (70-130c variance), I would recommend grabbing daresso on budget. You probably won't have your resist's maxed yet and it provides a lot of value.

Last edited by StBlueFire on Dec 23, 2018, 12:15:22 AM
"
StBlueFire wrote:
Cool build, I notice one area that you could change. Instead of taking the 2 DEX + Jewel slot just SE of center you could go up to the center and grab the 2 resists + jewel slot. I am using it and am not lacking on dex at all. Since this build doesn't benefit from dex outside of reqs, I think its a better as far as I can tell.

Thanks for making this!

1 Question. If I don't have any enlighten yet, should I run herald or curse with my remaining mana on top of a damage aura?

P.S: I am slightly modifying this to get higher PDR and using Cyclone. This saves quite a bit of points. I'll let you know how it goes.

P.S.S: For a budget since Lycosidae is so high right now (70-130c variance), I would recommend grabbing daresso on budget. You probably won't have your resist's maxed yet and it provides a lot of value.

The only reason why that was grabbed in that fashion is because the tree was made as you leveled up without any respecs. You can grab the SE 2dex+jewel slot earlier than you can for the resists+jewel path. When you are min-maxing the build or if you want to respec, everything is easily changeable.

I honestly have made a couple of changes to the build myself but I've put it on the back burner a bit now just because I am writing new guides and trying out new things. While leveling, I always like grabbing jewel sockets earlier just so I can get some extra life and resists. When the build really starts going, small tree changes can definitely happen to min-max it.

I personally have not really min-maxed the build out as much as I could just because I move onto other builds pretty early once I make sure they can handle the content and I get them to like level 85+.

If you do not have an Enlighten gem, you can just use Blasphemy > Punishment > Wrath. Those two bring more DPS than Herald of Purity but it could also depend on how you are currently building the build too. Punishment+Wrath should still leave you with enough mana to use.

Also one thing to note was that this build was created back in Delve. Lycosidae was going for 30-35 chaos at the time. Definitely a lot more expensive for Betrayal but I think time will make the price go down again. We'll see what happens. :)

Thanks for the suggestions. Hopefully everything works well for you. I'm all ears if you have any other concerns or suggestions. Cheers!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Fantastic build. I have always wanted to play an assasin and now I am following your build but I want to ask some questions.(sorry if some of them asked before)

1-Have u tried frost blades with this build? what are the differences?
2-what about perfect form for chest? saves some skill points?
3-atziri's step?
4-why not herald of ash instead of purity?
5-why not hatred instead of wrath?
6-and why iron reflexes?we got acrobatics?

if you answer my questions I will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Last edited by Vladurance on Dec 23, 2018, 8:02:21 AM
"
Vladurance wrote:
Fantastic build. I have always wanted to play an assasin and now I am following your build but I want to ask some questions.(sorry if some of them asked before)

3-atziri's step?

Thanks.

Thanks for dropping by. Feel free to ask as many questions as you want. To be honest, a lot of people have asked the same questions before, but I don't mind giving the answers again. I am here to help. Can't complain. :) Now let's get to your questions.

1: I love Frost Blades and used it for other builds before. With this specific build and setup, Frost Blades is not too optimal. The reason being is because you need to invest into some projectile nodes and your setup for gems and items may have to be different. Frost Blades counts as a hit then shoots projectiles which means the build itself would have to change. I do love the skill though. If you swapped out the skill gem and kept everything the same, Frost Blades would be really unoptimized. I'm not sure if I ever will make a Frost Blades build guide, but anything can happen, right?

2: Though The Perfect Form gives us Phase Acrobatics and could save potential skill points, Loreweave just gives us too many other benefits that triumphs The Perfect Form. Loreweave keeps our resistances at 80%, it gives us a huge DPS boost with crit chance, elemental damage and added physical damage. It even gives us some attributes which could sometimes save you space on the skill tree or jewels. The benefits of Loreweave simply outweigh The Perfect Form.

3: Atziri's Step is amazing for the build too, but I would only suggest it if you already have your resistances maxed out. Getting resistances capped can be a bit difficult for the build depending on how many uniques you are running but if you can cap them, I don't see anything wrong with grabbing Atziri's Step for your boots. Definitely helps us out a lot defensively and increases our survival.

4: With the current gear and items I have, Herald of Purity was simply giving me more damage. Now, this situation can totally change on how you make your build. What I mean here is that the added flat damage from your items and jewels can shift the damage in a different direction. Because of this, certain auras may be more effective than another aura depending. The best way I would say to find out is simply go into Path of Building and check which aura/Herald gives you more DPS with the current items you have.

5: Pretty much the same as I mentioned above but there is some difference here too slightly. First off, we want to deal some lightning damage so we can inflict shock which gives us a drastic increase in damage. With my current setup, Wrath is simply giving me slightly more DPS than Hatred. It also saves me from having to get added flat lightning damage on a jewel or items too.

6: We use Iron Reflexes because we take Unwavering Stance (you have a choice to grab this earlier or later, but it helps with end-game bosses). Unwavering Stance makes all of our evasion useless and trades it off to make it so we have stun immunity. Since all of that evasion serves no purpose, Iron Reflexes converts all of that useless evasion into more armor. Acrobatics our armor down, yes, but we'd rather be able to put that evasion loss to use than just leaving it as is. It might not get us some insane amount of armor since it is already cut because of Acrobatics, but it is better than just leaving it as dead stats.

Hopefully I answered your questions. Let me know if you need anything else, exile!

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
"
"
Vladurance wrote:

3-atziri's step?

Thanks.

Thanks for dropping by. Feel free to ask as many questions as you want. To be honest, a lot of people have asked the same questions before, but I don't mind giving the answers again. I am here to help. Can't complain. :) Now let's get to your questions.

1: I love Frost Blades and used it for other builds before. With this specific build and setup, Frost Blades is not too optimal. The reason being is because you need to invest into some projectile nodes and your setup for gems and items may have to be different. Frost Blades counts as a hit then shoots projectiles which means the build itself would have to change. I do love the skill though. If you swapped out the skill gem and kept everything the same, Frost Blades would be really unoptimized. I'm not sure if I ever will make a Frost Blades build guide, but anything can happen, right?

2: Though The Perfect Form gives us Phase Acrobatics and could save potential skill points, Loreweave just gives us too many other benefits that triumphs The Perfect Form. Loreweave keeps our resistances at 80%, it gives us a huge DPS boost with crit chance, elemental damage and added physical damage. It even gives us some attributes which could sometimes save you space on the skill tree or jewels. The benefits of Loreweave simply outweigh The Perfect Form.

3: Atziri's Step is amazing for the build too, but I would only suggest it if you already have your resistances maxed out. Getting resistances capped can be a bit difficult for the build depending on how many uniques you are running but if you can cap them, I don't see anything wrong with grabbing Atziri's Step for your boots. Definitely helps us out a lot defensively and increases our survival.

4: With the current gear and items I have, Herald of Purity was simply giving me more damage. Now, this situation can totally change on how you make your build. What I mean here is that the added flat damage from your items and jewels can shift the damage in a different direction. Because of this, certain auras may be more effective than another aura depending. The best way I would say to find out is simply go into Path of Building and check which aura/Herald gives you more DPS with the current items you have.

5: Pretty much the same as I mentioned above but there is some difference here too slightly. First off, we want to deal some lightning damage so we can inflict shock which gives us a drastic increase in damage. With my current setup, Wrath is simply giving me slightly more DPS than Hatred. It also saves me from having to get added flat lightning damage on a jewel or items too.

6: We use Iron Reflexes because we take Unwavering Stance (you have a choice to grab this earlier or later, but it helps with end-game bosses). Unwavering Stance makes all of our evasion useless and trades it off to make it so we have stun immunity. Since all of that evasion serves no purpose, Iron Reflexes converts all of that useless evasion into more armor. Acrobatics our armor down, yes, but we'd rather be able to put that evasion loss to use than just leaving it as is. It might not get us some insane amount of armor since it is already cut because of Acrobatics, but it is better than just leaving it as dead stats.

Hopefully I answered your questions. Let me know if you need anything else, exile!

Good luck!

thank you for your kindest answers and for your time.
I leveled my assassin to lvl 50 but I could not love the blade flurry:(
back to the frost blades again:)
your guidance shall be really helpful for my build so I want to thank you again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info