[3.6] Occultist CWDT Auto Cast Mobile Spell Turret - Red Map / Delve 275+ Viable

@IfYouSeeKay
I see, that's too bad. Maybe in the next patch which buffs self casting, there will be more skills that are affected by cast speed.

@Theonepencil
Warlord's mark is very good, and you can swap it in for boss killing, but yea the endurance charges will stop the loop if you have any when immortal call goes off. Before this iteration of the build, I was actually trying to achieve a perma-stun vacuum build with 105% curse effectiveness warlords mark, and had to use discharge to prevent the endurance charges from building up, and it worked, until discharge would kill the mobs, generating charges.
https://www.youtube.com/@esvbanARPGs
Last edited by Horvath on Jan 13, 2019, 7:29:58 PM
If you're constantly hitting yourself with heartbound loops, how does the energy recharge ever start?

Or is this operate just purely off of regen? if so, whats the point in going occultist?
"
AdamSanders wrote:
If you're constantly hitting yourself with heartbound loops, how does the energy recharge ever start?

Or is this operate just purely off of regen? if so, whats the point in going occultist?

This build doesn't use recharge, only regen / 100%+ es recovery. Recharge will benefit you if your loop does stop, for whatever reason though.

Everything else on occultist directly benefits this build, as outlined in the pros of this build. Namely: auto-casted 3x curse, 100%+ energy shield per second while mapping / delving because of vile bastion (this is ~ 9k es / sec, or whatever your total pool is...). The flat es / regen makes gearing easier. The cold ascendancy skills are also viable since cold DoTs do not need to be cast quickly to get high DPS.
"
Horvath wrote:
"
AdamSanders wrote:

This build doesn't use recharge, only regen / 100%+ es recovery. Recharge will benefit you if your loop does stop, for whatever reason though.

Everything else on occultist directly benefits this build, as outlined in the pros of this build. Namely: auto-casted 3x curse, 100%+ energy shield per second while mapping / delving because of vile bastion (this is ~ 9k es / sec, or whatever your total pool is...). The flat es / regen makes gearing easier. The cold ascendancy skills are also viable since cold DoTs do not need to be cast quickly to get high DPS.

Thank you for the quick reply. I may switch to necro mancer, im not sure yet.

really really really enjoying the build but im not sure what im doing wrong. I feel like soul of arakaali isnt working? in my character screen, my energy shield renegerated per second never changes with IK stopping blood rage.

Here's my pastebin https://pastebin.com/9j8WFaLZ

Sorry, i know lots of people are asking redundant questions but i read through the whole thread and double checked everything

I have 13131 ES and my tree is identical to yours(minus the curse effectiveness)

I even had to go get 1 point into arsonist AND use vitality AND ephemeral edge just to sustain. I really want to get this going cause i am very impressed with this build so far.

Nice job mate.
Last edited by AdamSanders on Jan 15, 2019, 1:56:50 AM
My soul of arakali is definitely not working, ive removed blood rage completely and have the same regen.

Did they patch this out?
Recovery bonuses won't be reflected in your character screen. PoB regen is accurate, but you have to manually add the arakaali bonuses. See my FAQ common PoB mistakes section for how to do that. For the gear you linked, your total regen will be the regen you see in the character screen * 1.7.

In your PoB, even though you have 12k ES, you are not using beast fur shawl which gives 40% es recovery. Beast fur shawl is not required, but without it you will need higher total ES to make up for it. 2900 is roughly 24% of 12k, so you need at least 24% + 3% (for bloodrage) = 27% regen after recovery bonuses, or 16% regen before recovery bonuses (if you have 70% increased recovery, 16% * 1.7 = 27%).

The life regen flask mods from this league are very good for this build. You can craft 3% regen on a flask to more than make up for this. You also do not have the 2% lab enchantment.
Last edited by Horvath on Jan 15, 2019, 11:46:36 PM
I'm not having trouble with regen anymore. and im not using beast fur.

Im seeing no change whatsoever in character screen when IK triggers and stops Frenzy from ticking the DoT.

I've also found reddit posts referencing it being a bug this league and mark from GGG seems to have confirmed that IK interrupting Blood rage will not proc arakaali. This is not intended and they will fix it when they can.
"
AdamSanders wrote:
I'm not having trouble with regen anymore. and im not using beast fur.

Im seeing no change whatsoever in character screen when IK triggers and stops Frenzy from ticking the DoT.

I've also found reddit posts referencing it being a bug this league and mark from GGG seems to have confirmed that IK interrupting Blood rage will not proc arakaali. This is not intended and they will fix it when they can.

You won't see the bonuses from es recovery (or life recovery) in the character screen as I explained in my previous post's first paragraph. I just tested my old character on standard, and there is no bug with immortal call / blood rage. The interaction works fine. Can you provide the link to the reddit post?
Last edited by Horvath on Jan 24, 2019, 10:27:53 PM
Is going Oak for bandits doable or does the physical damage reduction ruin it?
"
Vudoodude wrote:
Is going Oak for bandits doable or does the physical damage reduction ruin it?

I haven't done the math or checked the threshold tables, but yo would need to calculate the 700 * (1 + .05 - .02), assuming 0 armor, to see if this still gives you the good cwdt thresholds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info