[3.6] Occultist CWDT Auto Cast Mobile Spell Turret - Red Map / Delve 275+ Viable

"
Tsukuyomi974 wrote:
Hello,

Im theory crafting a brand build, and came across yours :) i want to play necro (for the cast speed) and you gave me leads about the self cast loop.
But first i need to understand the math, how do you manage to get 0,24 duration on skele? 98% of 20 sec is 0,4 or i miss something?

Brand build profit from cooldown reduction (to cast brand recall every sec) with at least 30% from hiero ascendency or crafted on belt/boots with enhance/empower.

So how should i fit this 30% (up to 35) cd reduction that i will craft on belt/boots with cdwt cd? Cwdt cd with 30% cd reduction is around 0,19 so 5 cast per sec? and ill need to math the regen after this xD

objectives will be to cast
-9 corpse unearth x4 or x5/sec to spirit offer them considering the unearth is not instant (because projectile need to land first cf wiki, so maybe put spirit offering on a lvl 4 cdwt?)

-desecrate, i dont understand the spell yet, it has a CD of 3 sec but seems to replenish 1 stack/sec so before going deep to optimize it i count it as a 1 cast/sec to use bone offering (layer defense with block for map/delve) or flesh offering (for more castspeed/dps for boss) but manually to trigger "increase damage if you used a minion skill" every 4 sec

-if we got enough gemslot available add volatile/detonate dead? to keep consuming corpse (need to slot discipline, maybe a vaal rf for the spell damage, wrath, herald of ice/lightning, maybe some curse etc etc)

Dont hesitate to add me in game "OniTsuku", or i could give you my discord so we can discuss of this?

.24s duration is because of the lvl 1 less duration gem. You can level up less duration for faster loop, as long as your duration is >= your cwdt cd, and you can sustain the loop damage.

since unearth is not instant, the first cast will miss, but you will be OK after that. Also, from what I remember, unearth may not spawn all corpses if you are close to a wall, so you should stay out in the open. Offering should be on same cwdt level as the unearth.

Putting desecrate in your loop will give you approximately 4 corpses detonated recently, or 8% cast speed. I do not think that is worth it.

Slotting volatile dead will give you some bonus cast speed when there are more corpses than the unearth corpses (e.g. from killing mobs). This will probably be overkill, unless you want to just do it for the memes, and achieve 400%+ cast speed while clearing dense maps. I think it will work as long as the offering blows up before the volatile dead.

Are you not planning to use spirit offering, and are going to sustain the damage purely through regen gear?

https://www.youtube.com/@esvbanARPGs
Last edited by Horvath on Dec 20, 2018, 11:35:50 PM
Added some more notes and necro brand variant PoB. If anyone gets the necro variant working, please post some videos! I would but don't have the currency / time right now.
Last edited by Horvath on Dec 20, 2018, 11:37:11 PM
Thank you for answering this fast!!

Spirit offering can only consume 9 corpse per cast 1+8 additionnal corpse, i intend to use it with the unearth proc!!!

the additional corpse generated by desecrate is to use other offering for minion damage increased buff with minion skill or VD/Detonate to keep consuming corpse and try bosses through map or end game content, and because more corpse consumed = more cast speed

In many boss fight i wont have many corpse to consume and brand skills scale very well with cast speed so if i can grab some 8% here and there why not? unless i have better slot to gear, dont hesitate to give me your thoughts ^^

back on the skellie duration so 88% from jewel + 10% "reduce" from lesser duration its 98 right? so the 40% "less" duration of the gem work like recovery and recharge rate? so... 20 sec x 98% = 0,4 now you apply 0,4/(1+40%) = 0,286

Just correct me in my math if im wrong or miss something, i still doesnt understand how you get to 0,24 with a lvl 1gem

So in my case with 0,19 cwdt since i will prob have 30% cd what should i do to get skellie at 0,21? to get 5 cast per sec? considering we must have immortal call at 0,20

Jesus christ... im just thinking but we must mitigate/outregen almost 3800 damage/sec with 5 cast considering we dont have permanent immortal call we must have enough regen and HP/ES pool to "tank" packs unless we go for conversion and less cast/sec... well first i fix my pob xD and try to make this work because my head hurt like hell xD
Btw if you need help IG dont hesitate im not rich but i have a decent geared character, if i can repay your wisdom with some help ;) ill do!!!
i dont mind to invest in the build i just need to not waste monney and time to farm to make it work before investing
"
Tsukuyomi974 wrote:
Thank you for answering this fast!!

Spirit offering can only consume 9 corpse per cast 1+8 additionnal corpse, i intend to use it with the unearth proc!!!

the additional corpse generated by desecrate is to use other offering for minion damage increased buff with minion skill or VD/Detonate to keep consuming corpse and try bosses through map or end game content, and because more corpse consumed = more cast speed

In many boss fight i wont have many corpse to consume and brand skills scale very well with cast speed so if i can grab some 8% here and there why not? unless i have better slot to gear, dont hesitate to give me your thoughts ^^

back on the skellie duration so 88% from jewel + 10% "reduce" from lesser duration its 98 right? so the 40% "less" duration of the gem work like recovery and recharge rate? so... 20 sec x 98% = 0,4 now you apply 0,4/(1+40%) = 0,286

Just correct me in my math if im wrong or miss something, i still doesnt understand how you get to 0,24 with a lvl 1gem

So in my case with 0,19 cwdt since i will prob have 30% cd what should i do to get skellie at 0,21? to get 5 cast per sec? considering we must have immortal call at 0,20

Jesus christ... im just thinking but we must mitigate/outregen almost 3800 damage/sec with 5 cast considering we dont have permanent immortal call we must have enough regen and HP/ES pool to "tank" packs unless we go for conversion and less cast/sec... well first i fix my pob xD and try to make this work because my head hurt like hell xD

No problem,

You might be getting the wrong numbers in PoB because of this bug https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/issues/1329
you should unspec any brand duration bugs until that is fixed for doing duration calculations in PoB, or modify one of your jewel duration mods to offset it.

However, .24s is correct. Less multipliers are the opposite of more multipliers. It's easier to think of 40% less, as getting 60% of what you originally had. So you calculate it like this 20 * (1 - .98) * (1 - .4) = .24

+8% cast speed isn't a lot more, when you already have 300%, is what I mean. Some other gem will provide more DPS or utility. In the PoB I posted, there were no spare gem slots to use desecrate, unless you use an unset ring, and take the +2 skeleton node. Then you would only need one heartbound loop, but you take 350 * 3 damage per cast instead. If you can mitigate 1050 phys damage to around 700-800 using armour, that will actually be better than using 2 heartbound rings.

You should start out with .24s or .3s loop as proof of concept since I haven't tested this on Necro yet, but it should work. When your gear is better / build more optimized, you can lower the duration and CD.

For Defense, this build will have much less ES sustain than occultist, at least for regular mapping/delving without Vile Bastion, but Boss fight ES recovery will be about the same or better.
Last edited by Horvath on Dec 21, 2018, 3:54:47 AM
ok i understand the math better now thank you!!!

preparing the speed run and the stuff right now ;)
I think i came to something "ok" 360k dps/brand 2 brand attach so its 720k brand recall every 1,15 sec so its an additionnal 5x65k burst every sec (5 brand average hit is 65k) we dont want to self cast brand, we loose too much dps, we just have to cast them 1 time and they will live their life happyly forever alone, just brand recall to refresh their duration, and im thinking if we must selfcast brand recall, because its hard the gem must be corrupted + empower + enhance + lvl to socketed gems to achieve the lowest cd... and im not sure we can cwdt it

-3.7k hp going to 4k or even 5k could be better i mean optimal
-7.4k ES is decent push it further cool be juicy
-2000 es regen (if we play with arakali 1600 without... and im heavy considering to remove blood rage and arakali)
-49% phys mitigation (armor+ basalt flask+ pantheon gruthkul) = 535 loop damage
spirit offering give 777 ES/loop without dying sun and 999 with ... the more life we will have more spirit offering will scale and i dont know yet how to push it further

there is the pob https://pastebin.com/55dUSwta any suggestion dont hesitate,

i dont mind to lower a bit the dps (because its already decent) to gain tankyness mean more HP first then ES
Right now spirit offering just mitigate the loop damage (around 1k/2k es/sec) our real defense layer is our high regen and block with shield and its not enough we should scale more HP to really take advantage of the ascendency and this settup of skill

Edit: All ES build play shavronne/chayula because chaos damage do not bypass ES and chayula give more ES+ chaos res BUT...we loose 20% hp max with chayula, and 40% ES recovery without beast fur... so tons of regen but vulnerable to chaos (i mean just TORA in syndicate and its omae wa mo shindeiru)???? or less regen and chaos is absorbed by ES?
Last edited by Tsukuyomi974 on Dec 22, 2018, 12:17:38 AM
Been trying this build in betrayal on a bit of a budget. I seem to have everything going but i notice im about 1k regen shy of each pob i've looked through. Here is my character https://pastebin.com/aWF6VQse.

I assume the biggest improvement i can get would be energy shield recovery on the belt does it really make that big of a difference?
"
Tsukuyomi974 wrote:
I think i came to something "ok" 360k dps/brand 2 brand attach so its 720k brand recall every 1,15 sec so its an additionnal 5x65k burst every sec (5 brand average hit is 65k) we dont want to self cast brand, we loose too much dps, we just have to cast them 1 time and they will live their life happyly forever alone, just brand recall to refresh their duration, and im thinking if we must selfcast brand recall, because its hard the gem must be corrupted + empower + enhance + lvl to socketed gems to achieve the lowest cd... and im not sure we can cwdt it

-3.7k hp going to 4k or even 5k could be better i mean optimal
-7.4k ES is decent push it further cool be juicy
-2000 es regen (if we play with arakali 1600 without... and im heavy considering to remove blood rage and arakali)
-49% phys mitigation (armor+ basalt flask+ pantheon gruthkul) = 535 loop damage
spirit offering give 777 ES/loop without dying sun and 999 with ... the more life we will have more spirit offering will scale and i dont know yet how to push it further

there is the pob https://pastebin.com/55dUSwta any suggestion dont hesitate,

i dont mind to lower a bit the dps (because its already decent) to gain tankyness mean more HP first then ES
Right now spirit offering just mitigate the loop damage (around 1k/2k es/sec) our real defense layer is our high regen and block with shield and its not enough we should scale more HP to really take advantage of the ascendency and this settup of skill

Edit: All ES build play shavronne/chayula because chaos damage do not bypass ES and chayula give more ES+ chaos res BUT...we loose 20% hp max with chayula, and 40% ES recovery without beast fur... so tons of regen but vulnerable to chaos (i mean just TORA in syndicate and its omae wa mo shindeiru)???? or less regen and chaos is absorbed by ES?

You will get more DPS self casting brand since you can use a better support gem than CWDT. It will basically be instant, with as much cast speed as the build has.

"
Theonepencil wrote:
Been trying this build in betrayal on a bit of a budget. I seem to have everything going but i notice im about 1k regen shy of each pob i've looked through. Here is my character https://pastebin.com/aWF6VQse.

I assume the biggest improvement i can get would be energy shield recovery on the belt does it really make that big of a difference?

The belt recovery is not that big of an improvement (90% with beast fur shawl + arakaali, belt gives you another 10-20%). You have more than enough ES to not need it. Looks like your PoB is missing the pantheon buffs. Put it on your flask or something else, like I did in my PoB in original post.
The brand doesnt do damage at cast, it start doing damage when it get attach or when you recall it activates all the brand when they come to you, so in my pov you dont get damage like arc for exemple for casting it billions time , but the cast speed augment the dps because when it will be attached the activation frequency will be overboosted (imagine orb of storm its the perfect example how brands works) by all our cast speed, meaning 10 hit/sec/brand with storm or 6 hit/sec/brand with armageddon

In my pov, you just has to cast it once when you enter the map, then just recall to 1) activate them all at once do to damage (not only the attached ones) 2) increase their duration so CWDT is not needed and we can just put a support damage gems to replace CWDT, as i see it, its like a mix between DOT and totem but unlike poison it doesnt stack the damage, and unlike totem its not static its moves with you (as you recall it) and jump target to target and you dont have to recast it to deal damage as you move.

Right now im trying to figure out how to not die from chaos damage,getting at least 5k hp to be optimal, and maybe some elemental life leech since we have zealot oaths and if we take a big punch manage to get some hp back just in case

Edit: someone notice me that selfcast =/= triggers ^^ sorry im french im confuse about this, but right now the pob is on selfcast, the one you gave us was on cwdt (trigger) ^^ voila!! if people come around here i repost the pob to get inspiration if someone want to help push it further

https://pastebin.com/GBhENNeH
Last edited by Tsukuyomi974 on Dec 22, 2018, 9:38:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info